Never used a phone this long. It's been three years. It was relegated to back up for eight months but has come back firing on all cylinders.

However with age comes wear and tear and a bit of lag. So since I haven't seen anything I want to replace it with I'm wondering if I shouldn't start customizing this Lil beast.

Was wondering if anyone had bought the Mugen 3800 extended battery on here. I like the look just wondering if the cost is justified since I can't find them cheap. How long does the battery life last with it? Would I just be better off with a simple case or new backplate? I wouldn't carry around the bundle so it's not an option. Thinking I'd do the black back plate with my white phone if I don't get the Mugen.

Gonna put in my 128gb sd card which I had in the Sony as well. I have tons of music and pics on this phone but 32gb just isn't enough anymore.

Also looking at what OS's make sense right now. 10.3.2 seems to have been hit or miss. 2474 seems ok just wondering if there is a better one that fixes my keyboard issues. Or maybe I just reset the keyboard.

Anyways if anyone has input on the Mugen or what they have done with their Z10's please let me know.

Also I love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    CountryboiShawn likes this.
    11-04-15 06:07 PM
    there are lots of threads about the battery and the extended ones. Please do a search. I use a 128GB card on my Z30. Never used it on my Z10 so i can't help you there.
    11-04-15 07:01 PM
    Never used a phone this long. It's been three years. It was relegated to back up for eight months but has come back firing on all cylinders.

However with age comes wear and tear and a bit of lag. So since I haven't seen anything I want to replace it with I'm wondering if I shouldn't start customizing this Lil beast.

Was wondering if anyone had bought the Mugen 3800 extended battery on here. I like the look just wondering if the cost is justified since I can't find them cheap. How long does the battery life last with it? Would I just be better off with a simple case or new backplate? I wouldn't carry around the bundle so it's not an option. Thinking I'd do the black back plate with my white phone if I don't get the Mugen.

Gonna put in my 128gb sd card which I had in the Sony as well. I have tons of music and pics on this phone but 32gb just isn't enough anymore.

Also looking at what OS's make sense right now. 10.3.2 seems to have been hit or miss. 2474 seems ok just wondering if there is a better one that fixes my keyboard issues. Or maybe I just reset the keyboard.

Anyways if anyone has input on the Mugen or what they have done with their Z10's please let me know.

Also I love this phone!

Posted via CB10
    I recently purchased the Mugen 3800 battery for my Z10. I love it!! Yes it does make the device thicker, but I actually like the feel of the device better. It is still pocketable and NFC still works. It it rather pricey at 89 dollars, but for me, it's worth the price. Yes, I know there are other less expensive alternatives but this works best for me. No extra batteries to carry. No worriws about running out of battery during a typical day.

I consider myself a moderate user with 2 email accounts, social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. I listen to music most of the day and play a few games and read a lot of news. Messaging via Viber, Whatsapp and text messages. Minimal phone calling. I have yet to kill the battery in a day.

The only issue I have is that I have not been able to calibrate the battery with the battery meter. After it hits zero, I have been able to keep the phone playing music for an additional 6 hours.

The battery makes my Z10 a communication and multimedia beast. Next step, a 128 gig memory card. I currently have a 64 gig card to supplement the 16 gigs of internal storage. I want to add more movies....

Hope that helps....

Posted via Q10 SQN100-2/Z10 STL100-3
    11-04-15 08:16 PM
    Definitely does, but where did you find it for $89? I'm seeing them still in the $130+ range!

As for the thickness I kind of like that solid look.
    11-04-15 09:34 PM
    Definitely does, but where did you find it for $89? I'm seeing them still in the $130+ range!

I found it on eBay. Just do a search for Mugen battery Z10. The seller is "best deal today". Great to deal with. I had a problem with the first one I purchased and they replaced it promptly no questions asked. I have had no problems with the replacement (except with calibration) since I have had starting in September, 2015.

11-04-15 09:59 PM
    Nice thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:09 AM
    You're welcome!

11-05-15 08:30 AM

Here :

Amazon.com: Mugen Power Extended 3800mAh Battery for Blackberry Z10 4G LTE. 2x More Power!: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also saw it for same price on "best deal today" but would much rather purchase from Amazon.

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 08:46 AM
    Nice thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Mugen's mailing list and I have received at least 2 emails over the last 4 months about the Z10 version for $89. I'm using the charging bundle atm but have to say I don't have to use the extra battery very often.

Regarding your OS troubles I would reinstall OS again but also do a security wipe afterwards. This insures you have a clean copy of the OS. I find
    .2474 to be quite stable with no issues whatsoever. Hopefully your results will be similar.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-05-15 05:39 PM
    Here :

Amazon.com: Mugen Power Extended 3800mAh Battery for Blackberry Z10 4G LTE. 2x More Power!: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also saw it for same price on "best deal today" but would much rather purchase from Amazon.

STL100-4 10.3.2.2789
    Thanks for that unfortunately it says because I'm in Canada it won't ship to me. Hmm.
    11-05-15 08:19 PM
    I'm on Mugen's mailing list and I have received at least 2 emails over the last 4 months about the Z10 version for $89. I'm using the charging bundle atm but have to say I don't have to use the extra battery very often.

Regarding your OS troubles I would reinstall OS again but also do a security wipe afterwards. This insures you have a clean copy of the OS. I find
    .2474 to be quite stable with no issues whatsoever. Hopefully your results will be similar.

I think the phone is just bogged down right now. I've done one batter pull in the past six months. A nice clean out and reinstall sounds good but was wondering if there are better OS versions.

Does yours have the keyboard issue?
    11-05-15 08:21 PM
    From what I heard of the Mungen Batteries you can't really calibrate them. That's the main downside for we'll and the price.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:33 PM
    What do you guys mean when you say calibrate?
    11-05-15 09:52 PM
    I think the phone is just bogged down right now. I've done one batter pull in the past six months. A nice clean out and reinstall sounds good but was wondering if there are better OS versions.

Does yours have the keyboard issue?
    No keyboard issues at all.

Edit: Just saw today 2 possible OS leaks that could be coming soon:

These new leaks could fix your keyboard issues but I would do the OS reinstall first.

Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 11-05-15 at 10:13 PM.
    11-05-15 10:00 PM
    From what I heard of the Mungen Batteries you can't really calibrate them. That's the main downside for we'll and the price.

Posted via CB10
    U sure? For an expensive battery and it can't calibrate?
    I'm using a US$20 made-in-china extended battery and it calibrates accurately.

What do you guys mean when you say calibrate?
    It means when your phone battery meter shows 0% but the phone itself doesn't shut down until a few hours later.

Z10-STL100-2 | SR10.3.2.2514 | OS10.3.2.2789
    BoldPreza likes this.
    11-06-15 04:45 AM
    Right behind you. 3 years coming up in March. So far, so great! : )

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    11-08-15 11:11 AM
    I'm still way behind 3 years. Bought it June 2014. But till now I can't imagine to switch to an other device. I like how great it fits in my trousers pocket and I like OS10. Battery becomes an issue if you work hard whole day long. But for me it's OK. I have a spare battery or a charger with me if I need to.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    11-09-15 08:52 AM