Could someone help me with cleaning advice of / direct me to another thread. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything on what I'm looking for.

I know to clean the screen you would use microfiber cloth, however my, question is about the little cracks in the phone at the bottom and top of the screen. Any help would be appreciated!

ZEDDY10 BBM channel: C000B628F
    06-09-13 01:51 PM
    Could someone help me with cleaning advice of / direct me to another thread. I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything on what I'm looking for.

I know to clean the screen you would use microfiber cloth, however my, question is about the little cracks in the phone at the bottom and top of the screen. Any help would be appreciated!

I use a can of compressed air. Just be careful not to hold it there for too long, due to the cold it will produce.
    SunnyFL likes this.
    06-09-13 01:54 PM
    I use a can of compressed air. Just be careful not to hold it there for too long, due to the cold it will produce.
    Confirmed. It works like a charm and is what I have been doing for months

Posted VIA Z10 courtesy of CB10
    06-09-13 01:56 PM
    For cracks in the phone use a brush. Toothbrush works good.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and BB_Junky like this.
    06-09-13 01:57 PM
    Thank you all for the quick responses!

06-09-13 02:00 PM
    Or blackberry could produce a phone without 80 different borders and divisions the guy in the design department failed. I still love the phone best phone ever but companies in 2013/14 can't overlook aesthetics. No need to have a screen inside a frame inside a border... just saying things could be different.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:39 PM
    Or blackberry could produce a phone without 80 different borders and divisions the guy in the design department failed. I still love the phone best phone ever but companies in 2013/14 can't overlook aesthetics. No need to have a screen inside a frame inside a border... just saying things could be different.

Posted via CB10
    I could be wrong but I believe the frame inside the border phenomena is a consequence of the digitizer and glass being one unit, which was a design choice made to reduce the phones weight

06-09-13 02:59 PM
    I could be wrong but I believe the frame inside the border phenomena is a consequence of the digitizer and glass being one unit, which was a design choice made to reduce the phones weight

It's not difficult to make a all in one digitizer and capacitive touch as one and still cover the whole front with glass removing all gaps and borders.. but now that I look at it the top and bottom bezels are curved so they probably couldn't have done the all front glass design without making those bezels 90 degrees then they would get sued by Apple. I guess the border inside a border is all that's left for taking in regards to patent designs.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:32 PM
    For cracks in the phone use a brush. Toothbrush works good.

Posted via CB10
    Great tip but if I can add, *someone else's toothbrush.

Posted via my CB Q10
    scorepion likes this.
    06-09-13 03:34 PM
    Suggest wipe with a lysol wipe every once in a while too...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:55 PM
    About cleaning the screen...

I would strongly suggest that you never use any soap, detergent, alcohol based, ammonia based, or hydrogen peroxide based solution as it may erode any Oleophobic coating on the screen.

Just a lightly damp (not dripping) microfiber cloth if it gets oily / messy.

Of course, always be careful bringing water near the phone. But if you're careful and use just a little water that stays exclusively on the glass screen, it shouldn't be a problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I believe the design makes it more durable and resistant to impacts.

Also, is there anything wrong with using an alcohol wipe on the phone?
    Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    06-10-13 12:24 AM
    I believe the design makes it more durable and resistant to impacts.

Also, is there anything wrong with using an alcohol wipe on the phone?
    Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    I have used a little bit of windex in a cloth it cleans very well. But anytime you use chemicals you make the oleophobic coating on the glass weaker.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:37 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:48 AM
    If you use water, do yourself a favor and get a gallon of distilled for. 99 from Walmart and use that as opposed to tap water for a streak less shine

06-10-13 09:30 AM