if possible i wonder whether a class action lawsuit will force some action or a recall from BlackBerry on this rebooting issue. Verizon released the phone two months ago and since day one many of us users have not even heard any information from official sources regarding this issue. I am on my second z10 my first one was rebooting several times a day and freezing among other buggy issues, i was new to verizon so at my 14 day grace period i swaped it for another new z10 in the hopes i just had a lemon but this new one still reboots randomly although thankfully not as often as the first one. i have a reasonsble expectation that when i buy an item especially one that is several hundred dollars it will work properly and if it doesnt the retailer or maker will rectify the problem in a reasonable amount of time but at this point i cant even get an answer or admission there is a problem much less a timeline of when and how it will be fixed. it seems other people are having similar issues since this message board is full of theories and complaints. I am now past my grace period and i am locked into a contract with verizon. I do not want to get another replacement for fear i will get a phone with worse problems again and warranty or insurance replacements are refurbished phones and i believe i bought a new phone i should get a new phone as replacement. I have a close friend that is also having the same issues with his Z10 and we are both longtime blackberry device users. I hope Blackberry will get this fixed and gets back to being the industry standard for reliability.
    05-22-13 06:21 PM
    It sucks and I hope that any action taken against them gets them moving towards a solution.

I hate reboots.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:24 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath dude, it ain't happening. If it did then Apple and Samsung would be in the same boat for previous similar issues. It'll be dealt with by BB. Be patient or get rid of the phone.
    05-22-13 06:49 PM
    Everytime I ask Verizon about the update I basically get a "That will be a negative, ghost rider". I so happen to ask them daily just because I need to utilize my Twitter app.
    bradu1 likes this.
    05-22-13 06:50 PM
    My Z10 doesnt reboot.. and it works amazing..
    05-22-13 06:53 PM
    Have you been reading the threads? BlackBerry is working on it with the carriers. And it WILL be fixed.

Enough already!

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-22-13 06:57 PM
    I sold my z10 two days ago and when back to the iPhone 5 because of the restart issues. I hated to do it but I can't have a device that restarts in the middle of a phone call when I depend on the device for my business.

I know the faithful will call me a troll and tell me good bye but I really tried and went thru 4 devices before calling it quits. I feel we have no support from the carriers here in the USA for this product.

At least with my iPhone I have the Apple store and do not have the deal with the carrier and they support their product and if I have an issue I get my replacement right there and don't have to send it in and wait for it to be repaired because my 14 day return period is up.

I honestly may come back to the z10 if these restart issues are completely resolved. I really feel this is a hardware and software issue that's not going to be resolved any time soon. We can't even get the 10.1 update here in the USA and I get no answers from T Mobile when it might arrive. Enough is enough.
    devin266 likes this.
    05-22-13 06:58 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath dude, it ain't happening. If it did then Apple and Samsung would be in the same boat for previous similar issues. It'll be dealt with by BB. Be patient or get rid of the phone.
    Actually apple had a lawsuit they settled for 15 bucks or a bumper to settle the iphone 4 antenna issue. Maybe the z requires a bumper to stop reboot or people are holding their phones wrong. I haven't had reboots so I must be using it right.
    05-22-13 07:17 PM
    They just probably give everyone new models or release an update to fix. Guess that's why your update for the battery fix never came out. They probably seen the problem and delayed the battery fix to squeeze in the reboot fix.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:18 PM
    if possible i wonder whether a class action lawsuit will force some action or a recall from BlackBerry on this rebooting issue. Verizon released the phone two months ago and since day one many of us users have not even heard any information from official sources regarding this issue. I am on my second z10 my first one was rebooting several times a day and freezing among other buggy issues, i was new to verizon so at my 14 day grace period i swaped it for another new z10 in the hopes i just had a lemon but this new one still reboots randomly although thankfully not as often as the first one. i have a reasonsble expectation that when i buy an item especially one that is several hundred dollars it will work properly and if it doesnt the retailer or maker will rectify the problem in a reasonable amount of time but at this point i cant even get an answer or admission there is a problem much less a timeline of when and how it will be fixed. it seems other people are having similar issues since this message board is full of theories and complaints. I am now past my grace period and i am locked into a contract with verizon. I do not want to get another replacement for fear i will get a phone with worse problems again and warranty or insurance replacements are refurbished phones and i believe i bought a new phone i should get a new phone as replacement. I have a close friend that is also having the same issues with his Z10 and we are both longtime blackberry device users. I hope Blackberry will get this fixed and gets back to being the industry standard for reliability.
    Better believe that possibility exists. I have maintained all along that I believe BlackBerry fully knows the extent of the problem, and the best fix for us. It is probably not a palatable fix for them financially or from a pr perspective. Any good corporate attorney would advise them to clam up, circle the wagons, and claim it's isolated and fixable "soon" with updates.

Just my opinion....i may be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:32 PM
    To sum up, I can’t successfully email, import contacts (which affects my ability to call out), import calendar entries along with a number of lesser issues like no password saved on my voicemail, etc. etc. Basically this phone functions as a dumb phone, barely that and nothing more, yet I pay the monthly service as a “smart” phone.

Truly to offer a phone to customers that has so many problems is frankly false advertising, whether that applies to Blackberry or Verizon or both is irrelevant to me. I purchased this phone in good faith yet the device does not work for ANY of its intended uses—it does however have a Blackberry logo on the front. Not only that, I was told at the outset that I would be able to import contacts and calendar and in addition the tech department has collectively duped me into spending vast amounts of my time to perpetuate the charade by trying to effect work around procedures that actually don’t work (15 hours on tech support over the phone). Well at this point the grand illusion is revealed and the emperor has no clothes…

FYI: I have been a continuous Blackberry user for almost 17 years.
    07-04-13 02:17 PM
    Disable lock screen gestures and see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:28 PM
    Class action for a hardware defect (aka Apple Antennagate)? Totally warranted.
    Class action for a software bug that is resolved with a newer OS? Give it a rest people.
    Every single phone manufacturer (BlackBerry, Samsung\Android, Apple\IOS) has glitches. Phones have to be rushed out in order to please the consumers. Complain if it's late, complain if it's early and buggy.
    If you want a solid, reliable phone then don't buy anything within the first few months of release.
    07-04-13 02:28 PM
    It's not a hardware issue it's the American carriers more specifically Verizon. I have had my Z10 since launch in Canada have had zero unintentional reboots.

Posted via CB10
    shahyaz and heyfarhaan like this.
    07-04-13 02:29 PM
    Search the forums. BlackBerry confirmed that the rebooting was fixed via the 10.1 update.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    07-04-13 02:31 PM
    Class action lawsuit? Ridiculous. If successful, that would give lawyers and a few plaintiffs a lot of money. Everybody else would get a coupon for $49 off his next device or a few $0.99 apps.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-04-13 02:37 PM
    To sum up, I can�t successfully email, import contacts (which affects my ability to call out), import calendar entries along with a number of lesser issues like no password saved on my voicemail, etc. etc. Basically this phone functions as a dumb phone, barely that and nothing more, yet I pay the monthly service as a �smart� phone.

Truly to offer a phone to customers that has so many problems is frankly false advertising, whether that applies to Blackberry or Verizon or both is irrelevant to me. I purchased this phone in good faith yet the device does not work for ANY of its intended uses�it does however have a Blackberry logo on the front. Not only that, I was told at the outset that I would be able to import contacts and calendar and in addition the tech department has collectively duped me into spending vast amounts of my time to perpetuate the charade by trying to effect work around procedures that actually don�t work (15 hours on tech support over the phone). Well at this point the grand illusion is revealed and the emperor has no clothes�

FYI: I have been a continuous Blackberry user for almost 17 years.
    I don't have these problems, you must be doing something wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:54 PM
    Does a Lawsuit actually resolve the issue? No it doesn't. This is the problem with the world.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    07-04-13 02:57 PM
    Have you been reading the threads? BlackBerry is working on it with the carriers. And it WILL be fixed.

Enough already!

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"
    Actually, I've been reading the threads and it looks like it HAS been fixed. For everyone except those of us on Verizon and att. Now if someone wanted to start a class action against Verizon and att for unfair business practice and trying to monopolize the smartphone industry with apple, I'd fill in my postcard.

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 and John Pawling like this.
    07-04-13 03:36 PM
    Does a Lawsuit actually resolve the issue? No it doesn't. This is the problem with the world.

Posted via CB10
    You are right. It's better to do nothing and be stuck with a device that doesn't work properly for many users!
    07-04-13 03:39 PM
    Sure. In the 5 years it takes for it to go court, the z10 will be a distant memory.

Your reboot issue is only a small percentage and is carrier specific. I bought mine on Feb 5, and I have had zero issues. No reboots, it dials out, it's surfs the web, it does everything it's supposed to do. The only thing I have is the duplicate entries in my contact list.

Install the 10.1 upgrade or leak if Verizon is too incompetent to push the update out.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-04-13 03:47 PM
    You are right. It's better to do nothing and be stuck with a device that doesn't work properly for many users!
    I've always figured I was right, thank you for the confirmation. You would still be stuck with a device that "doesn't work properly " so...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:57 PM
    I've always figured I was right, thank you for the confirmation. You would still be stuck with a device that "doesn't work properly " so...

Posted via CB10
    Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed..
    07-04-13 04:47 PM
    Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed..
    Now I'll let this one slide, as the tone in which I wrote may of not been comprehended by you, which is fine as the internet is a fickle thing for some.

Now I'm curious to know what a class action law suit would solve for you the end user. Would it just make you feel better?
    07-04-13 05:19 PM
    I had a reboot issue when it launched with tmobile but after 10.1 it's been resolved all good now.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 05:58 PM
79 123 ...