And peek negates having the need for anything on your screen aside from the purpose at hand. I know this is just my own personal opinion

Posted via CB10
    It negates the need, I agree, but not the want
    04-14-13 09:17 AM
    With active frames all they really need to do is adjust the frame setting just a little to make it more useful. You can see some of the possibilities by leaving BBM active.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:28 PM
    I think Facebook Home will be a flop. Just my opinion.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    adjdudley21 and sirpedro83 like this.
    04-14-13 12:34 PM
    I think Facebook Home will be a flop. Just my opinion.

I agree. FB innovation has been wanting ever since the original concept to be honest. Facebook Home is rubbish. I just really love this chat heads thingy.
    04-14-13 12:35 PM
    I agree. FB innovation has been wanting ever since the original concept to be honest. Facebook Home is rubbish. I just really love this chat heads thingy.
    Yeah that's the only cool part.

04-14-13 12:39 PM
    There are people (like me) who don't use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, BBM or any other "social Stuff". I don't want my life online!
    Life is out there - BlackBerry is just another tool I use to make life easier.
    Like a previous lister, if any of this stuff became embedded so I couldn't delete it, the phone would go.
    sam :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 12:55 PM
    There are people (like me) who don't use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, BBM or any other "social Stuff". I don't want my life online!
    Life is out there - BlackBerry is just another tool I use to make life easier.
    Like a previous lister, if any of this stuff became embedded so I couldn't delete it, the phone would go.
    sam :-)

Posted via CB10
    If fb isn't silly enough to make it compulsory I doubt BlackBerry would. While BlackBerry software may not be as open as Android, that's never stopped them from giving us plenty of options. I've never really been felt forced by them to accept something that I never wanted to begin with.
    04-14-13 12:59 PM
    What does it mean for Facebook Home to be a flop? It's just a launcher replacement app like many others. If it manages to match marketshare with the top launcher replacements like Apex and Nova then would it be deemed successful? It's a niche market and I for one have no interest in even trying it out.

Facebook Messenger is a different story though. Since they relaunched four months ago with the intent of taking on the big multiplatform IM apps like WhatsApp, they've had (let me see...) 660,000 ratings in the Google Play Store alone. That's people who bothered to rate, the number of downloads is obviously a lot bigger. When I found out that I could reach more contacts than I could with WhatsApp, I was only too happy to delete WhatsApp.

As a truly cross platform IM app including deskop OSes and mobile OSes, I think Facebook Messenger will own this market.

Blackberry needs to fix the Facebook messenger that's integrated into the Hub though. It's not very useful because I found that I needed to go to the Facebook app if I wanted to trust that I got the whole message.
    04-14-13 01:31 PM
    What does it mean for Facebook Home to be a flop? It's just a launcher replacement app like many others. If it manages to match marketshare with the top launcher replacements like Apex and Nova then would it be deemed successful? It's a niche market and I for one have no interest in even trying it out.

Facebook Messenger is a different story though. Since they relaunched four months ago with the intent of taking on the big multiplatform IM apps like WhatsApp, they've had (let me see...) 660,000 ratings in the Google Play Store alone. That's people who bothered to rate, the number of downloads is obviously a lot bigger. When I found out that I could reach more contacts than I could with WhatsApp, I was only too happy to delete WhatsApp.

As a truly cross platform IM app including deskop OSes and mobile OSes, I think Facebook Messenger will own this market.

Blackberry needs to fix the Facebook messenger that's integrated into the Hub though. It's not very useful because I found that I needed to go to the Facebook app if I wanted to trust that I got the whole message.
    Also doesn't tell you who's online grr lol
    04-14-13 01:37 PM
    I think it's a neat concept but not for me. I don't think I'd want new messages populating the screen when I'm in the middle of doing something. I found the iOS pop up notification annoying and this would take it to the next level.

Posted via CB10
    That's what is cool about it. Nobody has to use it, but I like having extra features available
    04-14-13 02:12 PM
    If they can be disabled, I'm all for having a similar feature. Gives users more choice, and hell I might end up using it too, but there will be people who would rather keep things the way they are right now.
    04-14-13 02:14 PM
    I really think chat heads would be a fantastic idea for BBM. Granted going to the hub whenever i get a message works at the moment. But I wouldnt mind having a chat head for like 2 to 3 of the people i'm constantly bbming during the day.
    04-17-13 11:03 AM
37 12