I had problem when charging my Z10.. Even when I charged it overnight, it couldn't reached 100%.

Whenever I charged d Z10, d flash icon appear but it won't charged d device. The battery icon's percentage level is stagnant. The best part is, d device is extremely hot!!! Sighh... But there was no problem when charging my Z10 via powerbanks...

Is d charger/USB cable faulty?? Or is it d Z10??

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:06 AM
    Try a different cable/charger (proper BB charger). Next turn it off for a bit. Plug it back in & watch LED for charging. Give some time, then boot back up. How long have you had it?
    05-24-13 04:18 AM
    Odly enough, the charger which comes with the phone isn't the greatest one for the phone. If you have an iPhone charging cube handy, you can try that. I bought a cube off of ebay for $2 which works pretty well. Just need a 5V, 1A minimum charger. Your phone should not be getting hot. Do you have a lot of apps running? Maybe try closing some, or reboot the phone and try again.
    05-24-13 05:49 AM
    most new devices will never show 100%. its always between 95-99% My Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 all did the same. Only way it shows 100% is by installing a custom rom which basically tricked it into saying that.

that said, sounds like something else going on if its getting your phone extremely hot.
    05-24-13 05:58 AM
    Odly enough, the charger which comes with the phone isn't the greatest one for the phone.
    Sadly true. I tend to use my Playbook chsrger instead.

Posted via CB10
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    05-24-13 06:01 AM
    @geogejost:

This one? Amazon.com: Blackberry Folding Blade Charger for Playbook (Black): Electronics

I might pick up a couple extra if that's the case.
    geogejost likes this.
    05-24-13 06:21 AM
    i bought the blackberry battery pack; it works well.

i think it charges faster than the phone does.

My phone drains pretty fast.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:29 PM
    Yupz, been using d charger which comes with d phone. Perhaps, gonna get another charger/cable.. And, I closed the apps whenever I'm done with it and while charging.

Nway, thx guyz for d feedback.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:44 PM
    I found with the Z10 phones (we have a number of them), when connecting to the charger make sure you see the flashing lightning symbol in the battery icon. Sometimes the charging management does not initiate the charge mode. If this is so, unplug the micro USB connector from the charger and then re-connect it back. Then the flashing lightning symbol should show.

I also found the phone does not always reach 100% charged. This is especially when there is a lot of process activity happening in the background.

Using a stronger charge current supply (larger charger), will with most devices may help to decrease the amount of time to charge the battery. Higher charge current will also increase battery heat, and also the operating temperature of the battery management driver circuits. This over time could reduce the lifespan or charge cycles of the battery, and also the lifespan of the battery management driver circuits.

There is a sort of sweat-spot of charging current that will give the best compromise between charge time and the lifespan of the components involved. This has been engineered for optimum, which the designers of the phone should have implemented with their product.

I also noticed that since the last few OS updates the charging takes longer to reach the full 100% indicated. In a reasonable amount of time the phone reaches about 95% to 97%. I have a feeling this charge level display problem has to do with the pre-scaling of the charging controller battery level readings than the actual. This pre-scaling is software controlled and software calibrated. This is the area of where the battery level is read, and translated in to percent values for display.

Reading a chargeable battery for percent of charge is more complex than a simple voltage reading. There is current loading from the batter internal resistance in combination of the length of charge time, and in combination with the voltage level of the battery. The lower the internal resistance of the battery, the greater the current supply output.
    05-24-13 11:05 PM