12-23-13 02:36 AM
35 12
tools
    Just to clear things up, the data pins are not shorted. A resistor across the pins indicates the current capability of the charger. I wouldn't fear a problem with the Samsung charger. I would avoid the Chinese junk.

Well actually all the chargers are Made in China, so maybe ignore the non-branded chargers.

The other post is right about Apple using voltages on the data pins. The voltage is made with a resistive divider.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 01:09 AM
    I charge my phone using my PlayBook charger which charges at 1.8A, charges fast and its a legit BlackBerry charger.

Posted via CB10 using my cherished Z10
    12-20-13 05:33 PM
    I charge my phone using my PlayBook charger which charges at 1.8A, charges fast and its a legit BlackBerry charger.

Posted via CB10 using my cherished Z10
    I checked the engineering screen and with the PlayBook charger, I was getting 1.1 amps, and towards the end about 850ma. Possibly it would have been higher initially if I had drained the battery a bit more. Anyway, the charging doesn't seems to be at a constant current.

Maybe one of the fancier monitor apps can track this.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 02:16 AM
    I checked the engineering screen and with the PlayBook charger, I was getting 1.1 amps, and towards the end about 850ma. Possibly it would have been higher initially if I had drained the battery a bit more. Anyway, the charging doesn't seems to be at a constant current.

Maybe one of the fancier monitor apps can track this.

It's quite easy to see how the charge rate tapers as the battery reaches full charge. See below - the white line is state of battery charge, the black line is net power inflow/outflow. (The right side of the graph is unusual, normally the inflow/outflow current immediately drops to neutral when the battery charge reaches 100%, as shown in the middle of the graph. Most likely the device was in use at that point so while the battery was charged, the charger was providing power to the display and CPU because it was drawing signficant power for some task at that point.):

Charging My Z10 by using Samsung S4 Charger.-battery_guru_2013-05-26_01.jpg
    12-21-13 05:40 AM
    Anybody have a link to the premium charger?

Z10
    12-21-13 06:20 AM
    I charge my Z10 mostly with the official Z10 charger, but occasionally if I need to charge up in a hurry I will use the PlayBook charger for this. This may degrade the battery quicker over the life of the phone, but as the Z10 batteries are relatively cheap that is not a prohibiting factor for me on the odd charge with the PlayBook charger, but anything more than what the PlayBook pumps out in current to charge will certainly cause battery issues etc with the heat generated in charging.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    12-21-13 06:38 AM
    Loaded the latest leak. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259 and during OOBE it now has a new screen (that's ugly) that specifically says to use certified BlackBerry chargers.

Don't remember that being part of the OOBE before. And it stands out ugly. Instead of the regular blue screen throughout the wizard it's a white pdf document.

Drizzt09 via CB10 on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-21-13 07:00 AM
    Loaded the latest leak. Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259 and during OOBE it now has a new screen (that's ugly) that specifically says to use certified BlackBerry chargers.

Don't remember that being part of the OOBE before. And it stands out ugly. Instead of the regular blue screen throughout the wizard it's a white pdf document.

I believe that legal document ("Safety information", as I recall) is because it is a developer release of the OS, not a regular carrier type release.
    12-21-13 08:16 AM
    I charge my Z10 mostly with the official Z10 charger, but occasionally if I need to charge up in a hurry I will use the PlayBook charger for this. This may degrade the battery quicker over the life of the phone, but as the Z10 batteries are relatively cheap that is not a prohibiting factor for me on the odd charge with the PlayBook charger, but anything more than what the PlayBook pumps out in current to charge will certainly cause battery issues etc with the heat generated in charging.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    This simply isn't true. I just put in a nearly dead battery and the battery is drawing about 1.1 amps off the PlayBook charger. The phone or perhaps the battery itself controls the current going into the battery. It is hard to tell which because we don't know if the battery is smart or not.

You may have noticed BlackBerry stopped using crypto batteries. Now those batteries definitely had some smarts because of the embedded crypto.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 05:41 PM
    Z10 life battery is sucks from the 1st time I bought... I use charger original BB and sometimes use nokia lumia charger, for me I can't see the difference, my z10 life battery still sucks because my emails, bbm, whatsapp very active...can't determine is it because the charger or not...
    12-23-13 02:36 AM
35 12