Hello

i received 2 days ago my battery charger bundle.
    So i charged my Z10 with that, and get only 60% more battery after loading them.

Is that normal?

Normally it must be 100% + more juice after charging.
    But on day 3 now of using them, there is no difference. I get only 60+ on my Z10.

Can anyone share with me their results?

Thanks
    04-11-13 04:50 AM
    You may not be charging long enough. The stock charger that comes with the Z10 will take a long time to charge both. The second battery will not fully charge until the phone has charged. Using the BlackBerry premium charger or a PlayBook charger will speed up the process.

I would also suggest the application BatteryGuru, which if you leave running, will show a graph of the charge rate. You may see that it is taking a while to charge the phone. My impression with previous battery bundles is the battery holder for the secondary battery is a slow charger and if the main phone battery is also dead, an overnight charge may not be enough time to charge the secondary battery. With the Premium charger, the phone charges quicker and the secondary battery gets more of the overnight time as charging.
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-11-13 at 07:25 AM. Reason: removed reference to cable
    04-11-13 05:37 AM
    Hi,

i did charge the second battery (charger bundle) alone without the Z10 plugged in.

So yesterday, i did a full load on the charger bundle and did today a charge directly to my phone. So i see, that the phone rises up from 20% to 83% charge.
    For me: where are the rest of 40%?

Battery corrupt?
    04-11-13 05:41 AM
    How many hours are you charging?

If you left the battery in the charge bundle for more than a day and you were using a BlackBerry branded charger and it didn't get past 60%, you may have a problem. Try charging the 60% battery in the phone and see if it charges.

Note that I mentioned BlackBerry branded chargers. Most third party USB style chargers are wired for Apple devices and may not have the proper wiring on the data lines to tell the BlackBerry phone to pull full current from it.
    04-11-13 05:56 AM
    I am not certain you can charge the phone through the battery bundle ( by this, I mean bundle plugged into phone, charger plugged into bundle) if this is what you're doing.

I've got the bundle, and charge it separately, then charge the phone separately.
    04-11-13 06:18 AM
    To confirm, are you trying to charge your Z10 with a battery bundle charging pack alone and with the bundle not connected with an outlet? If so, it will never charge the phone to 100%. It takes power to transfer energy from the backup battery on the bundle to the one on the phone. The bundle by itself is just meant to top up the power on the phone only and then if needed to remove the battery on the phone and swap it with the backup one. The latter is when you'll get the most of the battery.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    04-11-13 06:27 AM
    Just to be clear, when using the battery charging bundle, you must take the charged battery out of the charge bundle and put it into the phone when you need a fresh battery in the phone.

edit:
    Changed it to make it clear I was referring to a charged battery being moved to the phone to replace a dead battery.
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-11-13 at 07:23 AM.
    04-11-13 06:53 AM
    Hi

iam using only Original charger from BBRY.
    So iam charging first my Z10 - then my charger bundle ALONE.
    So i do not charge both combined over 1 charger.

So yesterday i did not charge my phone, and it goes down to 20%.
    I charged my charger bundle alone with original charger from BBRY. More as 20 hours.

Then today i plugged the charger bundle on my Z10 and this phone raise up to 80%.
    So the charger bundle has only power of 60% instead of 100%

So my question was to existing users: Have you more power?

Alex
    04-11-13 06:55 AM
    Just to be clear, when using the battery charging bundle, you must take the battery out of the charge bundle and put it into the phone.
    That's not what I do - and I get both the phone and the battery charged to 100% all the time. I plug the battery charger into the wall adapter, and the phone into the short plug on the battery charger. No issues here at all.

I believe it is designed to operate like that.
    04-11-13 07:03 AM
    Just to be clear, when using the battery charging bundle, you must take the battery out of the charge bundle and put it into the phone.
    My Battery bundle only arrived yesterday and I cannot confirm what I'm about to say first hand until the weekend. However, I believe that this isn't correct - in the 'release & review' episode of the CB podcast Kevin and/or Bla1ze (I think) both stated that you can charge the phone using a battery placed in the bundle.

If anyone with first hand experience wishes to chip in here, I'm sure it would help, and I'm happy to be wrong!
    04-11-13 07:08 AM
    Hi

Then today i plugged the charger bundle on my Z10 and this phone raise up to 80%.
    So the charger bundle has only power of 60% instead of 100%

So my question was to existing users: Have you more power?

Alex
    You need to take the battery out of the charge bundle and put it into the phone. Are you not doing this?
    04-11-13 07:10 AM
    Yes, you can plug in the bundle to the Zed to charge, but it won't be the same as swapping the batteries. Why?

Because it takes power to charge

Someone already told you above. It will never juice 100%.
    04-11-13 07:11 AM
    If you charge the phone from the spare bundle not plugged in, you can not get the phone to charge fully as it takes power to transfer the power...
    That is normal

Swoosh....posted with CB10
    04-11-13 07:11 AM
    My Battery bundle only arrived yesterday and I cannot confirm what I'm about to say first hand until the weekend. However, I believe that this isn't correct - in the 'release & review' episode of the CB podcast Kevin and/or Bla1ze (I think) both stated that you can charge the phone using a battery placed in the bundle.

If anyone with first hand experience wishes to chip in here, I'm sure it would help, and I'm happy to be wrong!
    It may transfer energy that way, but I am not sure that is the intended purpose of the charge bundle. Did you read the directions that came with the bundle?

It may just be people new to phones with removable batteries, but why would you carry a charge bundle with you and try to transfer it that way when you can put the tiny extra battery in your pocket and swap batteries when needed? If you are carrying the battery, it is probably a good idea to put it in a small plastic bag, like it came in to prevent a short circuit from keys or other metal things in your pockets.
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-11-13 at 07:30 AM.
    Barljo likes this.
    04-11-13 07:12 AM
    That's not what I do - and I get both the phone and the battery charged to 100% all the time. I plug the battery charger into the wall adapter, and the phone into the short plug on the battery charger. No issues here at all.

I believe it is designed to operate like that.
    Steve:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It was not in regards to charging, but depleting the battery, ie, put the charged battery into the phone when you need a fresh battery.
    04-11-13 07:21 AM
    Have YOU seen the documentation?
    "Connect and charge blackberry products with this micro USB battery charger, no extra cables or power source required."

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://u..._BYBdLSSxypcOg
    04-11-13 07:38 AM
    Steve:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. It was not in regards to charging, but depleting the battery, ie, put the charged battery into the phone when you need a fresh battery.
    Oh, that I would agree with. I would never try to power the phone by plugging the bundle into it...I thought it was in reference to actually charging both the battery in it, and the phone connected to it. My bad.
    04-11-13 07:40 AM
    "Connect and charge blackberry products with this micro USB battery charger, no extra cables or power source required."

Correct, it uses the OEM charger that the phone is sold with. No need for a 2nd charger is what that means...
    04-11-13 07:43 AM

Yes, it is very confusing. The no extra cables may have also referred to the older battery bundles for the 9900 and earlier, that came with an extra Y or splitter cable. In other words, you don't need the Y cable any more and can use one charger to charge the battery and another BlackBerry device. Ie: it should have read you do not need both an extra cable and an extra power source to charge two devices.
    04-11-13 08:05 AM
    The charge bundle is for charging two batteries at once, one being in the phone and the other in the charging unit.

This is ideal when both batteries are low as you can charge them both up at same time.

Eliminates using the phone to charge two batteries.

So when u need the second battery just pop it into the phone when your on the go and charge the other one when you can or get home or work outlet with the charging unit.

Simple right.

Or

Just buy extra battery and charge on phone and carry it with you no need for charging bundle right?

The bundle is nice to charge phone and second battery at one time is all, of course using a wall charger or car charger cable like the 1.8a ones from blackberry is what I recommend for faster charging.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-11-13 08:34 AM
    Wohoo,

my problem is not that i cannot charge both batteries at one time / charger.

My problem is, that if i connect my charger bundle to the Z10, i can only charge the phone with 60%. Then the battery is dead in my charger bundle.
    Attention: I mean: Charger bundle is not connected to USB Power connector. I only transfer power from charger bundle to my phone. So if both is empty, i have to fully load both devices over night!

So i dont want to swap the batteries on a running phone. The charger bundle has an USB cable to connect to the Z10 and then you get the juice.

So i was wondering, why this gives not 100% charge of my first battery.
    For my understand:
    Charger bundle battery has same power as the default battery in the Z10. Same Battery = same life/power.

So i want to share my results, if i plug my phone to the charger bundle, i get not 100% transferred to my phone. Only 60%.
    Why not 100%?

If iam on the way, i do not change batteries from phone and have to start my phone. I plug my charger bundle and get power of that.
    04-11-13 11:18 AM
    So i want to share my results, if i plug my phone to the charger bundle, i get not 100% transferred to my phone. Only 60%.
    Why not 100%?
    The simple answer is there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine. For example, when you charge a battery, the battery gets warm, which means some of the charge energy is lost to heat and running the charge circuits and etc.

If you don't want to change the battery in the phone, the cost you pay is the loss of efficiency in the transfer of energy from one battery to another.
    04-11-13 12:03 PM
    Wohoo,

my problem is not that i cannot charge both batteries at one time / charger.

My problem is, that if i connect my charger bundle to the Z10, i can only charge the phone with 60%. Then the battery is dead in my charger bundle.
    Attention: I mean: Charger bundle is not connected to USB Power connector. I only transfer power from charger bundle to my phone. So if both is empty, i have to fully load both devices over night!

So i dont want to swap the batteries on a running phone. The charger bundle has an USB cable to connect to the Z10 and then you get the juice.

So i was wondering, why this gives not 100% charge of my first battery.
    For my understand:
    Charger bundle battery has same power as the default battery in the Z10. Same Battery = same life/power.

Why not 100%?

If iam on the way, i do not change batteries from phone and have to start my phone. I plug my charger bundle and get power of that.
    Already answered multiple times above

Swoosh....posted with CB10
    04-11-13 12:29 PM
    It may transfer energy that way, but I am not sure that is the intended purpose of the charge bundle. Did you read the directions that came with the bundle?
    A very good point - just because it functions, doesn't mean that it was designed to!

It may just be people new to phones with removable batteries, but why would you carry a charge bundle with you and try to transfer it that way when you can put the tiny extra battery in your pocket and swap batteries when needed?
    I'll glide over the fact I'm on my third berry, and into my 6th year of a phone with a removable battery, as it was probably just conjecture. But when I had the bundle with me yesterday and demonstrating, it the iPhone and droid users were impressed. At the very least, it's good if you're in an "emergency", and a handy carry case for the battery if youre in the position to swap!
    04-12-13 08:19 AM