There was some talk about the Playbook charger damaging the Z10. I don't believe it, but I did put the phone in engineering screen mode and looked at the battery current. When you use the Playbook charger, the battery current read 1178. When you use the charger that came with the phone, it reads 681. Obviously the numbers will vary a bit from battery to battery. Also there are no units listed on the engineering screen, but I would assume the value is mA (milliamps).

I neglected to log the battery voltage under both conditions, but will do it the next time the phone needs a charge.

So I presume the Playbook charger will charge the battery 73% faster, though perhaps the charge isn't linear as the battery voltage and thus capacity increases.
    09-24-13 03:24 PM
    That is pretty interesting. I'm happy you looked into it a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:18 PM
    There are people who swear the Playbook charger blew up their 9000 series blackberries. Now pulling this out of memory, I think the charger menu specified the current limit into the battery in steps of half an amp. That is, 0.5A, 1A, and I think 1.5A. This was on my 9780.

There is an escreen program for the Z10. A bit better than the one on the old 9000 series. This one grabs all the data needed to generate the secret code except for the uptime, which you enter by hand. It is called ESX, presumably Engineering Screen 10.
    09-25-13 12:26 AM
    There are people who swear the Playbook charger blew up their 9000 series blackberries. Now pulling this out of memory, I think the charger menu specified the current limit into the battery in steps of half an amp. That is, 0.5A, 1A, and I think 1.5A. This was on my 9780.

There is an escreen program for the Z10. A bit better than the one on the old 9000 series. This one grabs all the data needed to generate the secret code except for the uptime, which you enter by hand. It is called ESX, presumably Engineering Screen 10.
    Thanks for that hint.

The link to the app is below although I have not yet installed it and make no warranties about what the consequences of messing with the escreen might to to your bb

Free ESX - Engineering Screen Unlock Code Generator App for BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview
    09-25-13 08:47 AM
    There are online ways to generate the secret code if you want to be totally air gapped. It is just some hash scheme.

The real danger with the engineering screen is YOU changing parameters on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-13 01:37 PM