hi

Since i am in UAE, i believe the store i see (BlackBerry World) is different than other regions (Canada, US, Europe...etc.)

Not a lot of content available in my store, only apps and games, and not so many useful apps or games...

is there a way to change to a different region store to get more content?
    02-08-13 02:05 PM
    This is purely speculation, but if you can use BBWorld over wifi, how about pointing your router to a proxy server?
    02-08-13 02:15 PM
    This is purely speculation, but if you can use BBWorld over wifi, how about pointing your router to a proxy server?
    I thought of that, and i can do it easily...but it's not something that all BB users can do....

isn't there a way to just simply change stores?

on iPhone, i have two accounts, one for my region's store and other for US store. works like a charm.
    02-08-13 02:21 PM
    I thought of that, and i can do it easily...but it's not something that all BB users can do....

on iPhone, i have two accounts, one for my region's store and other for US store. works like a charm.
    A simple way, probably not as some of the content is licensing and that doesn't apply to all regions. Take Netflix for example (not on the phone).... Here in Canada we have it, but due to licencing regulations, our content is nowhere near as robust as the American version. We can't get Pandora and other stuff either.
    02-08-13 02:34 PM

Nope, sorry
    02-08-13 03:13 PM
    well, iphone wins in this subject....VPN, and i can have netflix and all other services such as hulu, pandora...etc. works smoothly.
    02-09-13 10:54 PM
    This is just like Android, no way to change it regardless of your account. On android, it is linked to either your sim card provider or your location based on your wifi ip address.
    02-09-13 11:03 PM
    well, iphone wins in this subject....VPN, and i can have netflix and all other services such as hulu, pandora...etc. works smoothly.
    BB10 also has VPN...nice ignorance there...
    02-09-13 11:04 PM
    VPN doesn't matter, even if you can see the content it will not let you download and pay for it. .
    10-14-13 12:40 PM
    When I was in Mexico, the app store was different then what I had in canada. I was using wifi there.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:47 PM
    if you want to try using a VPN i wrote a howto for free vpn using amazon ec2 servers. you can read it over here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...30-q10-862588/

also i did some trial and error you need to disable your mobile network, while you are connected to your wifi and vpn at the same time. if this doesnt work try taking out your sim card, start up your phone, connect to your wifi and vpn and it should work.
    Last edited by Guyzer; 10-21-13 at 10:09 AM.
    10-21-13 08:52 AM
    Ahh this could be why. I always disable my mobile network while away on vacation. This way I get no surprise roaming fees. So I only use wifi and when in Mexico my BlackBerry world started showing only mexican news apps, and the music section was mexican artists.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:39 PM