Hi,
    How do you switch languages in a chat? I have added Hebrew as an additional language in my settings. When I am in BBM I can press the comma key that has the globe on it & see I have it listed there but I don't know how to select it. I don't want to have to change my phone's settings - I just want to occasionally type in another language on the fly - is that possible? Thanks!
    06-14-13 09:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

It is possible. Just start typing in whichever language you added to the system and the OS will pick up from there.
    06-14-13 10:01 AM
    Are you using a BB10 device (Z10, Q10)? Or a previous BB7, 6, 5 device? BB10 automatically detects what language you are typing and can switch on the fly up to a certain number of languages.

Edit: Just noticed that you posted this on the Z10 forum... woops. In that case, as stated above, BB10 takes care of the language switching for you!
    06-14-13 10:02 AM
    I believe it works as follows: You can have either:
    - Simultaneous languages (up to 3) on the fly.
    - Manually selected input

Simultaneous:
    The text prediction can handle up to 3 languages simultaneously. You can turn this on via Settings/Languages and Input/Input Languages and turning on Language detection. Then, you add the languages you want. The predictive text seems to try and present options in any of your supported languages.

Manually:
    - Add your language in the same place as above, but leave "Language detection" off
    - When typing, hold the comma and drag up to the language you want, then release. Dragging is the key, else the menu will dissappear.

This seems to work for me.
    06-14-13 10:23 AM
    Thank you - dragging worked! My second language is Hebrew so prediction can't work.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:40 AM