This Tuesday I will receive my Z10 phone finally. I have a subscription on the KPN network here in The Netherlands, where they started rolling out the 4G network a few weeks ago.
    Today I found out that they placed a warning on their product page (BlackBerry Z10 bij KPN) which says that the Z10 won't support the 4G network, because APN setting cannot be changed?

Is this true, is the forever, or is there a workaround available already?

A rough translation:

"4G with BlackBerry? Caution:

With a BlackBerry, you cannot use a 4G subscription. To use 4G you have the correct APN (Access Point Name) required. This setting cannot be changed in BlackBerry devices. Therefore you cannot use a BlackBerry Internet with a 4G subscription. You can still just opt for the 250 - and 1000MB bundles."
    03-03-13 05:59 AM
    did you get the phone with KPN it self?
    03-03-13 06:06 AM
    it depends on your carrier...here in Austria i tried 3 different provider and only 1 worked for me.
    03-03-13 06:17 AM
    did you get the phone with KPN it self?
    No, I ordered a Simlock free phone via so called 'preferred supplier' of KPN. I haven't received it yet, it will arrive this Tuesday.
    The page about the Z10 is already there for weeks, but they just added the warning on their website this weekend.
    03-03-13 06:24 AM
    Then i think you cant use internet on youre phone yet, there is another thread here from a guy who has the same problem as you will have when youre phone arrives.

Here is the other thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ttings-777583/
    03-03-13 06:29 AM
    Thanks for the link, doesnt look great. I will try to cancel my order untill a workaround is available.
    03-03-13 07:04 AM
    youre welcome, im a dutch guy also and i am waiting for vodafone to release it, they say it will arrive in week 13 ... so ill gues all the other providers will have them at that time
    03-03-13 07:12 AM
    I had this problem with the Telenet network in Belgium. The sim card forced wrong apn settings to be set and the phone wouldn't let me change them. I asked someone at Blackberry and he said in a future update it will be possible to change your apn. However, for now you can't do a thing about it and you're lucky even to get online with a sim card like that. I just switched to a different carrier and now I can change the settings as much as I want So: Z10 does allow you to change settings, except in combination with certain sim cards....

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:03 AM
    it depends on your carrier...here in Austria i tried 3 different provider and only 1 worked for me.
    Can you please tell me which provider worked for you? Mine is Orange, but I think that A1 worked, right?

Is there really no chance to change the APN?
    03-04-13 01:58 PM
    Got a z10 sim lock free with 'hi' (kpn) sim card , in the settings im able to change to apn settings..... ST100-2 .
    So i think kpn didnt do their homework...
    Nickxter likes this.
    03-04-13 02:02 PM
    Changing the APN settings on the Z10-img_00000118.jpg Im able to change it as you can see
    03-04-13 03:26 PM
    Can you please tell me which provider worked for you? Mine is Orange, but I think that A1 worked, right?

Is there really no chance to change the APN?
    i can confirm that A1 and T-Mobile work !
    03-04-13 03:27 PM
    i can confirm that A1 and T-Mobile work !
    Thank you for your answer! Can you confirm that it's not possible to change the APN with austrian SIM cards?
    03-04-13 03:33 PM
    It depends on the carrier! I tried BOB and 3 first, and with both it was not possible to change the APN/internet did not work as well.
    With A1 & T-Mobile it works out of the box (and it would be possible to change the APN, but it is not necessary)
    03-04-13 03:36 PM
    Fu*** that's really rubbish
    Thanks anyway for testing!
    03-04-13 03:42 PM
    Good news for Dutch KPN subscribers, today all KPN stores have received an email that the Z10 will work on KPN's 4G network. By mistake of an network engineer they have informed employees and subscribers with incorrect information regarding the APN settings. The correct settings are pushed through from the network to the phone, if not they can be changed easily or requested to be sent out again. The Z10 page on KPNs website will be updated shortly. It is expected to be released in two weeks.

Quite happy
    stitch69 likes this.
    03-08-13 11:34 AM
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you'll know that I was having the same issue, however I did get it resolved by my service provider.

I brought it in today and had a technician look at it. He was having a bit trouble as everything looked correct on the system. He then passed it on to a more experience tech and he ask the previous guy to remove some service off the sim and reload them and it worked. I didn't ask for the details (which I should have, sorry) but from what gathered while listening, is that he basically wiped the sim clean and started fresh, reprogrammed the phone and it was good to go.

So its not the phone or BlackBerry but your service provider, at least that was the case on my end.

Other Information:

Unlocked phone (bought off amazon)
    Model: STL100-1
    I previously had a BIS plan and switch to normal data plan
    04-02-13 02:23 PM
    Guys my experienced with my locked phone with greyed apn.
    Updating OS allows to edit apn but after save it it returns to provider apn
    Unlock it through crackberry but apn still returns to provider apn
    so, if no one knows a magic edition through escreen then my conclusion is that apn is forced by sim/provider in my case
    05-01-13 05:10 PM