Guys I want to know that,
    Does BlackBerry z10 stl 100-1 support CDMA sim card..

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:08 PM
    VZW has the Z10 and they are CDMA.
    08-20-14 12:11 PM
    CDMA doesn't use a SIM card. A number of CDMA phones do have a GSM SIM card slot, though, for World capabilities. A 100-1 would not work on CDMA. The technology is in the phone radios, not the card.
    08-20-14 12:12 PM
    Guys I want to know that,
    Does BlackBerry z10 stl 100-1 support CDMA sim card..

Posted via CB10
    See:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-775253/
    08-20-14 12:12 PM
    The only CDMA Z10 is the 100-4. And it is extremely unlikely that another CDMA carrier will allow another carrier's CDMA phone on their network. The frequencies may be correct, etc., but the phone would have to be registered with the new network and that's probably impossible. I have heard of people getting it done... but have never seen it verified.
    08-20-14 01:26 PM
    CDMA doesn't use a SIM card. A number of CDMA phones do have a GSM SIM card slot, though, for World capabilities. A 100-1 would not work on CDMA. The technology is in the phone radios, not the card.
    If the technology is in the phone radios then can I install the CDMA OS in z10 STL100-1 so after is I can use CDMA SIM card...In my phone

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:27 PM
    If the technology is in the phone radios then can I install the CDMA OS in z10 STL100-1 so after is I can use CDMA SIM card...In my phone

Posted via CB10
    STL100-1 has no CDMA at all. It won't work.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    1. OK, to repeat: there is no such thing as a CDMA SIM card. (The SIM card in CDMA phones is for GSM reception, not CDMA).
    2. Even IF you were able to install a CDMA OS on the phone (which you cannot do) you would still need to get the phone accepted by your CDMA carrier -- and they will not.
    3. If you are on a CDMA carrier who does not carry OS 10 BBerry phones, you are out of luck.

HOWEVER... if you want to try to install a CDMA OS on a GSM-only phone, we'd love to watch!
    08-20-14 02:16 PM
    1. OK, to repeat: there is no such thing as a CDMA SIM card. (The SIM card in CDMA phones is for GSM reception, not CDMA).
    2. Even IF you were able to install a CDMA OS on the phone (which you cannot do) you would still need to get the phone accepted by your CDMA carrier -- and they will not.
    3. If you are on a CDMA carrier who does not carry OS 10 BBerry phones, you are out of luck.

HOWEVER... if you want to try to install a CDMA OS on a GSM-only phone, we'd love to watch!
    Yes there is, certain CDMA devices use something called an R-UIM. But that's here nor there.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:24 PM
    Yes there is, certain CDMA devices use something called an R-UIM. But that's here nor there.

Posted via CB10
    hey thanks, I never knew that something like this existed. I'm not inclined to get one but it is neat to know that it exists.
    08-20-14 05:02 PM
    When he was talking about phone radio it was refering to the hardware radio component, not to the software that runs it (which is also called a "radio" on these forums).

So, to conclude: the hardware of a STL 100-1 device prevents it from being used on a CDMA network.
    08-20-14 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    A R-UIM (I think now obsolete) does not turn a GSM phone into a CDMA phone. Nor do Z10 BBerry phones use R-UIM cards. However, in function you're right, it tries to duplicate the SIM (GSM) card, but the phone must be designed to use it. It has to be "R-UIM-enabled".
    08-20-14 07:28 PM
    When he was talking about phone radio it was refering to the hardware radio component, not to the software that runs it (which is also called a "radio" on these forums).

So, to conclude: the hardware of a STL 100-1 device prevents it from being used on a CDMA network.
    If it is hardware radio then it can't be able to run CDMA sim card by changing the software, so guys thanks for your suggestions...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 01:10 AM
    I have a question about the z10 model radios. It would be possible to interchange the radio (hardware) between the models?

Per example here, replace a radio hardware from model bbz-10--4 to the model of this post trend... So it would be able to work in Verizon's network?
    07-24-15 11:07 AM
    I have a question about the z10 model radios. It would be possible to interchange the radio (hardware) between the models?

Per example here, replace a radio hardware from model bbz-10--4 to the model of this post trend... So it would be able to work in Verizon's network?
    Umm... no.

Have you seen the mainboard of a Z10...

Blackberry Z10 Smartphone Teardown : Board & Chip Shots and Images (Mobile Device Teardown)

You can't even get to the pins of the chip as some (but not all) of the main chips are PGA type chips with the pins arrayed under the chip and only poke out of the backside of the sandwitched pcb - meaning that if you flip the board over, all you get is the other board with all of it's main chips already in place with their pins under them.

Likely, the boards are different and chips are different - meaning: different holes, supporting sub-components and radio amplifiers.

It's not something you can do at home on your workbench.
    07-24-15 12:10 PM