If samsung has paid people to write fake reviews then who's is to say apple and samsung have paid people to post fake complaints on Cb?
    From reading some of the complains one can easily conclude some are fake and made up.

Caught! Samsung Investigated for Placing Fake Reviews on the Web - strata-gee.com
    Samsung Posts Fake Reviews and Enters Reputation Hall of Shame
    AbsoluteT23 and citystars41 like this.
    04-22-13 06:26 PM
    Haha shameful!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:47 PM
    Not surprised at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:04 PM
    Caught! Samsung Investigated for Placing Fake Reviews on the Web?-tin-foil-hats.jpg

I'm quite partial to the top hat
    04-22-13 07:08 PM
    I sometimes wonder how many companies do this. I would guess it's more than just Samsung.

Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
    04-22-13 07:09 PM
    I would guess many companies do this. If you think this is tin hat territory then I'd suggest you have a low bar for conspiracy.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:14 PM
    Yep, all companies do it, some a bit more shamelessly than others.

Most tech companies have ways of gently encouraging attacks on competitors.
    04-22-13 07:16 PM
    life stinks
    04-22-13 07:22 PM
    I'm not advocating this practice, but the lines can be very blurry.

If a worker for say Apple decided to make a review about his iPhone and post it on a blog or a review site. Is that also considered the same thing since he is technically getting paid by Apple.

Are employees of companies now ban from doing any review or article on anything to do with their companies?

Is it wrong for a Company to give a speech/email braodcast to their employee and ask for help promoting what they have built, to go out there and do some PR with family, friends, blogs, articles, etc.

Is giving reviewers a free Samsung phone to keep afterwards to do a review on it considered buying the review? Maybe a 2 weeks free all-expense paid trip to Japan to see the phone for themselves to review a paid review?

Now if Samsung had a whole group called "Fake Reviewers Section" where they pay them specifically to make fake reviews... that would not be too good for Sumsung in this investigation...

I think the only thing that Samsung screwed up on compared to other companies, was they were caught.

Here is another article: BBC News - Samsung probed in Taiwan over 'fake web reviews'
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    04-22-13 07:29 PM
    If samsung has paid people to write fake reviews then who's is to say apple and samsung have paid people to post fake complaints on Cb?
    From reading some of the complains one can easily conclude some are fake and made up.

Caught! Samsung Investigated for Placing Fake Reviews on the Web - strata-gee.com
    Samsung Posts Fake Reviews and Enters Reputation Hall of Shame
    When I see all your posts on CB slagging Windows 8, Microsoft and Windows Phone with excessive FUD (including your hilarious claim that you've never seen a WP device in the wild)... I actually have thought in the past that YOU have been paid off to post such tripe.

So ironic that you make this post

Who's to say Aliens from Mars didn't pay you to post this anyway?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    04-22-13 07:33 PM
    I sometimes wonder how many companies do this. I would guess it's more than just Samsung.

Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
    You would be right.....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:50 PM
    I wouldn't even be a little surprised is Apple did too.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-22-13 07:50 PM
    well. for what its worth (next to nothing, but i digress), I've never seen a W8 phone in the wild either, but i don't get out all that much....

i did see a pretty young lady using a white Z10 in the Mercedes garage at the recent F1 race taking pictures of the front wing on Nico Rosbergs car however. does that count as "in the wild"?
    04-22-13 09:08 PM
    It is part of marketing strategy. Companies are budgeting it. It is exactly the same strategy used by beauty product manufacturers where they paid sexy, beautiful and gorgeous actress / actors to make us believe that they are resulted from using their products.

The only thing that makes it bad and unprofessional is when they cross the line of professional advertising i.e. not only promoting their product but bashing other competitors. And the worst, sending them to the competitors' camp to discourage genuine customers. But likewise, one way to fight this bad strategy is an eye for an eye i.e. pay someone to defend your products. And when these two purposely paid person meet in one place or forum, we will have something similar to CB.

The one really suffering from this war is us, the genuine customers... we are being brainwash on both sides... in the end, you'll find yourself defending or trolling certain products that has nothing personal to do with you to the extreme that either you are now blinded or deaf to realize good and bad on each product... you only seeing "good" in one product while the rest are "bad" - or vice versa... and to make it worst, you are missing the point that you are the one paying for those products, unlike those one-sided reviewers that they were being paid to do that silly things...

We really live in a strange world...

Posted via Z10
    04-22-13 09:24 PM
    All companies for the most part do this.

Next....

Fancy pants Note ||:-)
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    04-22-13 09:25 PM