All three are time saving features not present in BB10 yet from legacy that surely helped keep us moving.

Are you reading BlackBerry? Please add them back!

Yes, BB10 does have some minimal recent contact support for contacts not yet in your address book but you cannot freely look them up. They get suggested to you based on who else you add to send your email to. It is unnatural and insufficient if you ask me.

Lastly, I will say that BlackBerry may have justified removing contacts to avoid over-complication since Remember consolidates all task or project related things but the fact is many still use Outlook syncing and they need categorical contact capabilities. I would suggest adding this back ASAP but do it more intuitive and natural than legacy. Instead of having to edit a contact to make it part of a category, simply allow for checking contacts off then tap+hold then hit "Add to Category" then choose, then et voila.

~STV
    05-13-13 08:41 AM
    Not being able to search through recent email contacts is really driving me nuts with the z10. Am I missing something? I'm only suggested two recent emails at a time without the ability to either scroll through them or search. Does anybody know if this is fixed in 10.1? I do not want to add my entire company contact list to the phone, and have relied on my 9930's ability to allow me to search recent contacts when composing an email. Glad to see someone has the same problem as I do.
    05-14-13 04:59 PM
    All three are time saving features not present in BB10 yet from legacy that surely helped keep us moving.

Yes, BB10 does have some minimal recent contact support for contacts not yet in your address book but you cannot freely look them up. They get suggested to you based on who else you add to send your email to. It is unnatural and insufficient if you ask me.

Lastly, I will say that BlackBerry may have justified removing contacts to avoid over-complication since Remember consolidates all task or project related things but the fact is many still use Outlook syncing and they need categorical contact capabilities. I would suggest adding this back ASAP but do it more intuitive and natural than legacy. Instead of having to edit a contact to make it part of a category, simply allow for checking contacts off then tap+hold then hit "Add to Category" then choose, then et voila.

~STV
    Have you heard anything from BlackBerry on this issue yet ?? We should try to unify our request, I have a feeling that it's being diluted throughout the many forums. The missing "categories" field in OS10 is becoming more and more frustrating.... Thank god that my MS Outlook still uses them, however I've noticed that every time I access or edit a contact on my Z10, it pulls the contact out from its respective category in Outlook. Categories were labelled Groups on my Bold 9900.
    06-05-13 06:38 PM
    Does anyone at CrackBerry (moderator, etc...) know the best place to forward this issue in order to get some official recognition and assistance from BlackBerry...we definitely need to make sure that they're made aware of this issue.
    06-15-13 09:55 AM

~STV
    Hi there STV072, have you heard any news from anyone else regarding this issue ??
    06-24-13 09:20 PM
    Does anyone at CrackBerry (moderator, etc...) know the best place to forward this issue in order to get some official recognition and assistance from BlackBerry...we definitely need to make sure that they're made aware of this issue.
    This gets a +1
    Norg likes this.
    06-25-13 04:35 AM
    I want to be able to broadcast ti a whole category without selecting each contact and also to collapse my categories. This is so annoying! Why have simple things like that in previous OS make and not this and you come out channels. BBM needs small updates with these changes before it has a good channels update.

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    06-25-13 04:57 AM