05-14-13 02:01 PM
218 ... 6789
tools
    I 100% agree - if the Z10 works in the company network you have all what you need and the private part should be covered as well. Camera is fine and I have no idea why someone need another device for media. Looks that people cannot get rid of a 2nd device due to various non-rational reasons. They may feel just alone with one device.
    05-06-13 03:24 PM
    Z10 and 9800 until BB News comes out for the Z10.
    05-06-13 03:28 PM
    I have an employee who once carried a pager, three cell phones, a multi-tool, a Palm Pilot, and a fanny pack full of magic tricks all on his belt. Every time I saw him I said, "Holy utility belts, Batman!" He didn't like that one bit. These days he still carries the magic tricks but he sticks his phone in the fanny pack.
    05-06-13 03:43 PM
    @mkelly65: LOL - leaves the question where is his wallet!
    05-06-13 04:02 PM
    I 100% agree - if the Z10 works in the company network you have all what you need and the private part should be covered as well. Camera is fine and I have no idea why someone need another device for media. Looks that people cannot get rid of a 2nd device due to various non-rational reasons. They may feel just alone with one device.
    Apps that aren't available on the Z10. 30 day email limit on the Z10. Better versions of certain apps that are below par on the Z10. Barely irrational. I'm sure most people would prefer not to have to carry two devices with them, but that's just not possible for some people with the Z10 at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:01 PM
    I'm having trouble leaving the 9930 due to the pop up message feature of leave it on, the call blocking of Call Filter Pro, and the tabbed notifications to the inbox from Social Scope which I cant find duplicated anywhere - even in the Android version of Scope. The Z10 is awesome for news and the hub and web browsing etc, but for plain getting data across quickly and easily I can't beat the 9930. And, I want to keep one foot in the door for the NOC, compressed data, and pure good old Blackberry email/task communication w/ my exchange server. Also wondering about this issue of things needing to be in active frame on the Z10 to work. For example there is a pop up program but must be running forefront to work. Anyone else miss some of these old legacy features?
    05-06-13 05:19 PM
    I used to carry an iPhone 4 (personal) and a Torch 9810 (business) as my two phones. Sold them both in February

Got the Z10 and it has become my primary go to device (really love it!). I have a Nokia Lumia 720 as my secondary phone (just to try out the WP8 platform).

Carrying two phones is now more out of habit than necessity since getting the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:38 PM
    I carry around two phones.
    Z10 for my personal everyday use and my company phone... Get this: a Sanyo Katana
    First time I've ever heard of a Sanyo Katana being given as a work phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:48 PM
    I'm carrying a Bold 9780(work) and Samsung Galaxy Note II(play). Going to replace 9780 with Q10 once its available in my country.

Its a perfect combination at least for me.
    05-06-13 07:04 PM
    Note 2 on US Cellular along with my AT&T Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:06 PM
    I am still using my Bold 9900. I plan to retire it soon since I got the Z10. But I am still waiting for the Apps in Z10 to improve. Some of the Apps available for 9900 are not available in Z10.

Hello, JobStreet.com and adidas miCoach.

I actually plan to re-sync my Music back to my 9900 and revert to unlimited data plan in time for the Adidas King of the Road this July.

I don't want many Apps. But I hope useful Apps in previous devices will be available for Z10. Soon. Before my 24 Month Contract ends.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by WILLfindways; 05-07-13 at 01:38 AM.
    05-07-13 01:25 AM
    Reading latest comments it looks that the Z10 is great but there must be some reasons why people have a 2nd devise. The Z10 is not a low cost invest. If money doesn't count for most guys here, what can other devises what the Z10 cant?

Posted via CB10
    In my case that's simple:

Z10, following BlackBerry tradition is a fantastic communications device, perfect for my heavy email load and texting, it's notable that now I have my z10 and the battery life issue is fixed I send far more texts than I was before when my primary phone was an Android handset as the keyboard is awesome, bears even the SwiftKey app on android.

However the second phone is a note 2, and the camera is far more responsive (quality not sure, but what I photograph needs speed and quantity not insane quality), the pen on the note is invaluable, the battery life is amazing, especially when I can spend hours using it as a hotspot, and the larger screen makes Web browsing comfortable, whereas I find the z10 and all smaller screen units horrible for Web access.

So they're my primary reasons. The significantly better range of apps helps too on the Android/Note 2 setup, and I do think that's a significant issue in the modern phone marketplace which is a battle BlackBerry need to fight harder than ever. The android app support is nice, but cumbersome and disjointed so native apps need to flourish to boost interest.
    05-07-13 02:55 PM
    I carry a Q10 for communication (gotta have my keyboard!) and HTC One for apps, media, etc. I'm perfectly fine with that

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:41 PM
    In my case that's simple:

Z10, following BlackBerry tradition is a fantastic communications device, perfect for my heavy email load and texting, it's notable that now I have my z10 and the battery life issue is fixed I send far more texts than I was before when my primary phone was an Android handset as the keyboard is awesome, bears even the SwiftKey app on android.

However the second phone is a note 2, and the camera is far more responsive (quality not sure, but what I photograph needs speed and quantity not insane quality), the pen on the note is invaluable, the battery life is amazing, especially when I can spend hours using it as a hotspot, and the larger screen makes Web browsing comfortable, whereas I find the z10 and all smaller screen units horrible for Web access.

So they're my primary reasons. The significantly better range of apps helps too on the Android/Note 2 setup, and I do think that's a significant issue in the modern phone marketplace which is a battle BlackBerry need to fight harder than ever. The android app support is nice, but cumbersome and disjointed so native apps need to flourish to boost interest.
    The battery issue make sense to me and I would agree on that. I like smart solutions but in the moment its crazy what you have to do with the Z10 if you want to use it as an equivalent device. Always having it on power or carry a 2nd battery with me isnt very smart. About the camera requirements I'm to far away to answer this. But it looks that this is another good reason for people if they are focused on that. Thanks great feedback.
    05-08-13 06:47 AM
    I also have a Note 2 with me every once in a while. It's the phone I will use when I know I'm gonna do heavy usage. The battery life on the Note 2 is nothing short of amazing. You never have to worry about it running out of juice no matter how hard you use it while I constantly feel I have to preserve the battery in the Z10.

For regular communication the Z10 is far superior to me. And it's way more fun and fast to use. But when I want to play games, browse the web etc. the Note 2 is just that more convenient.
    05-08-13 06:55 AM
    Apps that aren't available on the Z10. 30 day email limit on the Z10. Better versions of certain apps that are below par on the Z10. Barely irrational. I'm sure most people would prefer not to have to carry two devices with them, but that's just not possible for some people with the Z10 at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    I'm keen to understand the apps topic. I have seen this several times as a reason. So what apps are required or a must have and what is nice to have? I have stated on another thread that 20 years ago a great and stable OS/2 system died due to the lack of applications and Windows came on the floor. I'm personally happy with a view apps like Weather, News and Chat. I know there is a big business market in the background with people who want to sale every stupid apps on the market. But is that needful? I hope the apps topic isnt a decision maker that BB dies in some years.
    mr_vpw likes this.
    05-08-13 06:56 AM
    I carry ten phones on my belt.
    1. For taking pics
    2. For tethering
    3. For for taking videos
    4. For text messages
    5. For doing email
    6. For listening music
    7. Playing games
    8. Browsing the web
    9. For chat on facebook
    10. For hot spot

Yupp, can't live without my 10 phones. Just can't function

Posted via z10
    05-08-13 08:58 AM
    I'm keen to understand the apps topic. I have seen this several times as a reason. So what apps are required or a must have and what is nice to have? I have stated on another thread that 20 years ago a great and stable OS/2 system died due to the lack of applications and Windows came on the floor. I'm personally happy with a view apps like Weather, News and Chat. I know there is a big business market in the background with people who want to sale every stupid apps on the market. But is that needful? I hope the apps topic isnt a decision maker that BB dies in some years.
    I think it totally depends on personal preference as to which apps are essential or not. For instance, I don't use Netflix, so having a native Netflix app isn't essential for me, it'd be nice to have and I may start using it if I had the opportunity, but it's not going to influence my choice of smartphone. However i have several friends who wouldn't even consider a smartphone platform if it didn't have a native Netflix app, they just use it far too often and don't want to give it up.

This seems to be the case with several apps, such as instagram (native) or Spotify, as well as several messaging apps. If people can't use apps they've become reliant on in their everyday lives then they're going to be unwilling to choose a smartphone that (as they see it) limits what they can do, or stops them doing what they've been doing daily for the past few years.

BlackBerry has done a good job bringing several big name apps to BB10, however i believe that it all depends on how great the take up of BB10 is as to whether other big name apps come over too. As developers will only put the time and effort into bringing an app over if they see that it'll be worth it, and there'll be enough customers to buy the app etc.

A few people may say things like "But you can sideload instagram Etc." but the fact is that a lot of people simply don't want to have to do that, or don't want the below par experience that side loading an app often brings with it.

I doubt that the app situation will make or break BlackBerry. However i do think that there is a sort of double edged sword here, as 1. BlackBerry needs a larger number of customers to attract big name apps, but 2. They 'may' struggle to get a large number of users without certain big name apps.

Either way, as I said before, it totally depends on personal preference as to whether the app situation is a make or break issue for someone. For a brand new operating system with new devices I think BlackBerry is doing well so far, and i hope this trend continues, but i guess only time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    dannejanne likes this.
    05-08-13 10:09 AM
    Could be true...
    Z10 and 9900.
    9900 to sync my MS outlook calender and contacts, constant updating them etc...
    Z10, well that has been put away for now til I can do such a thing...
    Or wait, its simple I should just use the Z10 from here on in and sync my MS outlook calender and contacts...what was I thinking....
    05-08-13 10:23 AM
    I'm on my Note 2 today. While it's nice and all with its big screen and awesome battery life, I just miss my Z10.

Note 2 Tapatalk
    05-09-13 07:24 AM
    The apps thing...

It's a bit silly to ask what apps because there are hundreds of them...

For me we are talking about apps I use daily like amazon, ebay, Wifi analysers and so on.

Lesser used are things like British Gas app, eons app, nectar points etc. Only used weekly or monthly but used nonetheless.
    05-09-13 10:05 AM
    I love my Z10, but APN is greyed out. So no Internet on my Z10. Got to carry two phones.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Z10
    05-09-13 10:16 AM
    Dude why would anyone carry two. I used to until I got the Z10. I take advantage of the BlackBerry Balance which is a cool idea BlackBerry ever made (Samsung copied it and renamed it Knox for their phones).

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:27 AM
    Z10 for personal use n I phone 4S for work.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:44 AM
    Z10's hub and OS in general are good enough to make it the "main communication" phone.

But I don't care much for the camera, how hot it gets gaming, the screen isn't perfect, etc. I think I'll carry a Galaxy S4 in my extra pocket, might use a SIP phone on it and just enjoy the browser/misc apps.

I have a different scenario though, but I do carry two phones. As an expat in Dubai, and as my observation with other fellow expats too, having two phones is nothing but normal. Why? The other one, is for local number for local use. The other one is for the other number originally from home country. Calling or sending SMS back home using the local number is expensive. That is why.

In The Eyes Of BlackBerry
    sounds funny and the not so funny | everything that is interesting and interestingly funny
    05-09-13 01:20 PM
218 ... 6789