My partner went into the Carphone Warehouse store in Devizes, Wiltshire today enquiry about BlackBerry phones (she currently has a Z10 but will soon be able to upgrade).

The staff were completely ignorant to BlackBerry and in particular BB10 (hadn't even heard of the Z30!). Comments aligned to "BlackBerry phones are rubbish and always go wrong" "BlackBerry are going bust"

Needless to say that the order of the day was the 'new" iPhone and Android - Samsung in particular.

BlackBerry need to address this lack of understanding at the coal face, if the staff selling what is undoubtedly the best OS in the market don't know it's capabilities they will continue to be shepherds ushering the iPhone loving sheep down the dark road!

Long live BlackBerry, but let's see them help themselves with proper marketing and representation.

Follow My Channel - C00200A28
    09-17-14 12:38 PM
    Its been like this for awhile and it is going to take a lot to change. BB needs to get the passport and classic out to help
    09-17-14 12:41 PM
    Seen this thread 100 times on CB.

You cant blame these people they don't work for blackberry and realistically the chances of a happy customer are very linked to iPhone and Android infrastructures. Thus if they sell you an iPhone you probably wont return it. Combine that with over-stacked inventories of the popular phones, and companies have more vested interest in pushing you something from their current stock.

Retail chain is no longer Blackberry's friend. Blackberry must fight against this current by taking ownership of their own brand recognition. Once the brand re-establishes itself, the phones will sell on their own, just like the i-phone does.
    09-17-14 12:45 PM
    It seems like I was the only one who had a salesperson who liked BlackBerry! I remember calling Carphone Warehouse to order myself my Z10 and we were just talking about how good the Z10 was. Guess my experience was a rare one

BlackBerry Z10 | 2B80C262 | Meh.
    09-17-14 12:48 PM