Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:25 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good car mount?

Posted via CB10
    Duct Tape lol
    04-14-13 09:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I got pulled over with my s3, hanging off my windshield before i switched to a Z10. He gave me a ticket for have a exposed mobile device. I'm in canada so if you are I wouldn't recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:20 PM
    Brodit make excellent mounts tailor made for each vehicle (assuming this is what you're looking for, rather than a suction mount). They also do both active and passive versions).
    I've got the Z10 mount, and previously had 9800 version.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:24 AM
    Car mount?-image.jpg
    Car mount?-image.jpg
    19€
    04-15-13 02:29 AM
    I'm using the iGrip Vent Mount (IGT5-12110) from Future shop. Works great and in my Fusion, the phone peeks over the dash far enough to record video. My only concern is it's a PIA to unclip from the vent louvers.. so it stays on.
    04-15-13 07:52 AM
    No word of a lie, I'm using that GripGo thing. It is actually pretty damn good and does what it says. Word of caution when ordering on-line, pay close attention to what you are clicking or else you will end up ordering more than you wanted. I ordered it for a laugh, and was actually impressed.

I ordered from here: GripGo? Hands-Free Phone Mount - As Seen On TV
    04-15-13 08:10 AM
    I got pulled over with my s3, hanging off my windshield before i switched to a Z10. He gave me a ticket for have a exposed mobile device. I'm in canada so if you are I wouldn't recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    What seriously, I would be fighting that one I am in Ontario and man if I got a ticket for that BS I be fuming..... umm after the cop left of course and then be fighting it.

Exposed Mobile Device WTF?
    04-15-13 08:23 AM
    I use the Gripgo and it works wonderfully, and here in ontario, there is NO law from having a cell or GPS mounted on your dash or windshield. The only law is if you are touching your cell or GPS while driving or stopped at a red light.
    xamdam likes this.
    04-15-13 08:28 AM
    I use the Gripgo and it works wonderfully, and here in ontario, there is NO law from having a cell or GPS mounted on your dash or windshield. The only law is if you are touching your cell or GPS while driving or stopped at a red light.
    Good to know, but where is it that you would get a ticket in Canada.
    04-15-13 08:32 AM
    In the states, I am using a cup holder mount for my device.

I know you shouldn't text and drive, I don't while driving, but I like to read my messages while driving just in case it's something I need to pull a make a detour because of the message, of course I do this when there is enough open road.

I drive a 98 Civic, so the cup holders are down below in front of the stick and below the radio, my mount is angled so a quick glance is all I need when the message is up.

Posted via CB10
    ndorazio likes this.
    04-15-13 08:32 AM
    For "Zten", who got the ticket, what province did get get the ticket in?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just got the best one I've ever used. I've gone through a couple, but I'm sticking with this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004G1...bUvbUpU8319899
    04-15-13 08:50 AM
    Check out Exogear Exomount. It's a universal one I had the opportunity to formally review recently. Cool thing is that it can be used on plenty of surfaces.
    04-15-13 09:42 AM
    proclipusa.com
    04-15-13 10:16 AM
    For "Zten", who got the ticket, what province did get get the ticket in?

Posted via CB10
    It was Ontario, on Highway 403 by OPP he wasn't happy I think he was on the phone and he said "I'm not coming Home" then he gave me the ticket. I went to court and they just read the law from the code regarding mobile devices exposed to drivers and told me to pay it.

I should add that I think he saw me touching it with my finger and flicking through email.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:24 AM
    I should add that I think he saw me touching it with my finger and flicking through email.
    That changes things... and would be a reason for a ticket.
    04-15-13 11:26 AM
    That changes things... and would be a reason for a ticket.
    My thoughts exactly....I couldn't figure out a ticket just for having the device in a cradle
    04-15-13 03:27 PM
    All he said was 'it is illegal to have any electronics readily available and exposed to the driver' in Ontario. He asked if I knew that I said yea I heard about it. And he gave me the ticket.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:39 PM
    Odd. The Ontario Highway Traffic Act makes allowances for fixed displays, as long as the driver does not have to adjust their position and the phone does not move while the car moves. Maybe the issue was with it hanging down from the rear view mirror, swaying?

HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT - O. Reg. 366/09

Exemption for pressing buttons

14. (1) A person may drive a motor vehicle on a highway while pressing a button on a hand-held wireless communication device to make, answer or end a cell phone call or to transmit or receive voice communication on a two-way radio if the device is placed securely in or mounted to the motor vehicle so that it does not move while the vehicle is in motion and the driver can see it at a quick glance and easily reach it without adjusting his or her driving position.

(2) A person may drive a motor vehicle on a highway while pressing a button on a device that is worn on his or her head or hung over or placed inside his or her ear or is attached to his or her clothing and is linked to a hand-held wireless communication device to make, answer or end a cell phone call or to transmit or receive voice communication on a two-way radio or a hand microphone or portable radio.
    Any GPS would fall into the explanation the cop gave you. Or even a NAV screen built into the dash.
    04-15-13 06:53 PM
    Thx everyone exogear looks awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:28 PM
    proclipusa.com
    I concur on pro clip. I bought an Ipod pro clip 6 years ago and it still works like day 1 in my car. They are made to blend in with your dash so they are intrusive.

They are pricey though. But for the price, the quality is amazing and they last forever.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 08:49 PM
    04-15-13 10:10 PM
    Thx everyone exogear looks awesome

Posted via CB10
    Yep, nice... mine actually comes in with the phone now. Use it all over the house.

The iBolt and Proclip are quite good too.
    04-15-13 10:28 PM
    anyone have a transform hard shell case they use with a mount?
    04-16-13 12:22 AM
30 12