Hi dear BB10 owners,
    I want to present new "Car Dash Camera" application I have delivered to BBWorld recently. I made it for me first because couldn't find real one for my Z10/Q10, which have good hardware conditions to become a real Car blackboxes.

Here is description of it:

CarCam application works as a car blackbox, dash cam or auto DVR, continuously capturing videos during your driving or journeys.
    Application able to capture the road by rear camera or passengers inside the car by front camera.
    The video evidence can be invaluable in case of accidents, insurance fraud, police abuse, protection from crash-for-cash scams and differences of opinion with other drivers.
    Application will continue recording in background while answering the call or other applications are running at foreground.

CarCam application allows continuous video recording, with user-defined length and video quality. Cyclic recording allows persistent video monitoring for the last 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc. Your BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 32 GB SD card will become a car blackbox with more than 8 hours video evidence.
    Location service provides speed and geolocation and attaches that information to video file.

You may lock and prevent from cyclic deleting the current recording video file by simply touching the screen, even while you drive. Video file can be locked during the recoding or further revision. Later on it can be exported and be presented as a evidence or interesting video clip.

Key features
    Camera Tab:
    - Front or rear camera recording
    - Video file locking
    - Speed monitoring on screen
    - Speed limit alert (speed is highlited by red color, no beep)
    - Longitude and latitude monitoring on screen
    - Microphone muting

Video Files Tab:
    - Video files list
    - Lock, unlock, export video files to camera roll
    - Play video file with speed, longitude and latitude monitoring (no map support in this release)

Settings Tab:
    - Video quality:
    1920x1080 Full HD
    1280x720 HD
    848x480 WVGA
    - Cyclic video file slots: 3-30
    - Video clip length: 1-10 minutes per file
    - Continuous video recording on device or SD card
    - Storage space estimation hints
    - Mph or km/h metric system
    - Speed limit (red color alert)
    - Location service can be disabled to reduce power consumption

Please, use Car Mount Holder for better picture quality.
    The application sets the camera focus to the tested level for the best road picture quality.
    ============================

Also, I'm sharing two redeem codes here to first catchers for trying it and sharing opinion about..
    5DNMYN6UTCE7
    N50TKQX2I6PY
    Note, deadline for these promocodes is 2015-12-28.

Keywords: Carcam, car camera, blackbox..
    Last edited by karuf; 12-25-15 at 03:40 PM. Reason: promocodes
    12-25-15 03:37 PM
    Looks like a good app...just waiting for it to show up in BBW.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    12-25-15 04:28 PM
    Sounds great. I'd like to give it a test drive but it's not available for the Z30. Is that intentional?
    12-25-15 07:27 PM
    Right now I'm testing it on Z30 and will publish for it ASAP.
    semime likes this.
    12-26-15 05:19 AM
    Hi dear BB10 owners,
    I want to present new "Car Dash Camera" application I have delivered to BBWorld recently. I made it for me first because couldn't find real one for my Z10/Q10, which have good hardware conditions to become a real Car blackboxes.

Here is description of it:

CarCam application works as a car blackbox, dash cam or auto DVR, continuously capturing videos during your driving or journeys.
    Application able to capture the road by rear camera or passengers inside the car by front camera.
    The video evidence can be invaluable in case of accidents, insurance fraud, police abuse, protection from crash-for-cash scams and differences of opinion with other drivers.
    Application will continue recording in background while answering the call or other applications are running at foreground.

CarCam application allows continuous video recording, with user-defined length and video quality. Cyclic recording allows persistent video monitoring for the last 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc. Your BlackBerry 10 smartphone with 32 GB SD card will become a car blackbox with more than 8 hours video evidence.
    Location service provides speed and geolocation and attaches that information to video file.

You may lock and prevent from cyclic deleting the current recording video file by simply touching the screen, even while you drive. Video file can be locked during the recoding or further revision. Later on it can be exported and be presented as a evidence or interesting video clip.

Key features
    Camera Tab:
    - Front or rear camera recording
    - Video file locking
    - Speed monitoring on screen
    - Speed limit alert (speed is highlited by red color, no beep)
    - Longitude and latitude monitoring on screen
    - Microphone muting

Video Files Tab:
    - Video files list
    - Lock, unlock, export video files to camera roll
    - Play video file with speed, longitude and latitude monitoring (no map support in this release)

Settings Tab:
    - Video quality:
    1920x1080 Full HD
    1280x720 HD
    848x480 WVGA
    - Cyclic video file slots: 3-30
    - Video clip length: 1-10 minutes per file
    - Continuous video recording on device or SD card
    - Storage space estimation hints
    - Mph or km/h metric system
    - Speed limit (red color alert)
    - Location service can be disabled to reduce power consumption

Please, use Car Mount Holder for better picture quality.
    The application sets the camera focus to the tested level for the best road picture quality.
    ============================

Also, I'm sharing two redeem codes here to first catchers for trying it and sharing opinion about..
    5DNMYN6UTCE7
    N50TKQX2I6PY
    Note, deadline for these promocodes is 2015-12-28.

Keywords: Carcam, car camera, blackbox..
    Looks good. But i will wait for first reviews if its really ok.

Posted via PP
    12-26-15 05:26 AM
    Anymore promo codes since those two are used up already when I try to redeem them?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 12:40 PM
    Anymore promo codes since those two are used up already when I try to redeem them?

Posted via CB10
    Ditto!
    12-26-15 01:44 PM
    Already available for Z30.

Here is the third promo code (the last one I have at this moment, deadline is Dec 28)
    F1RZLCAFBK4T
    Could you please leave a review after ?
    12-26-15 03:47 PM
    Already available for Z30.

Here is the third promo code (the last one I have at this moment, deadline is Dec 28)
    F1RZLCAFBK4T
    Could you please leave a review after ?
    Somebody snatched it up, can you PM me, so no one gets the next one ( are they only one time use codes?). Tomorrow afternoon I will take a 450km Drive, so I would be happy to test it out and leave a review.
    12-26-15 05:49 PM
    Somebody snatched it up, can you PM me, so no one gets the next one ( are they only one time use codes?). Tomorrow afternoon I will take a 450km Drive, so I would be happy to test it out and leave a review.
    They are disappearing fast.
    12-26-15 08:11 PM
    @Karuf Thanks for PM and code, I seem to be having problems with BBW, I keep getting error codes when I open it and look for your page, other app pages work fine, so I don't know what the problem is.

I will keep trying...
    12-27-15 05:09 AM
    Is it available for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 05:28 AM
    Is it available for the Passport?
    I'm working on it. Will let you know when it done..
    Last edited by karuf; 12-27-15 at 09:43 AM.
    12-27-15 07:59 AM
    OK, the app is available for all Q, Z, Passports, Classic and Leap already..
    12-27-15 02:27 PM
    I keep getting an error report when I open your page in BBW, Sorry I didn't get to try it out Today ):
    12-27-15 03:48 PM
    So I finally got the app and will give it a go tomorrow, it has a lot of great features and is well thought out.
    12-28-15 10:40 AM
    Did you remove your app for BBW, I wanted to leave a review but keep getting this error when I go to your app, this only happens when you're app and no others.

Car dash camera for BlackBerry 10 devices-img_20160102_182406.png
    01-02-16 11:28 AM
    I got it now, I think my link wasn't working because you added ( Blackbox ) to the title.
    01-02-16 11:41 AM
    I got it now, I think my link wasn't working because you added ( Blackbox ) to the title.
    Out of curiosity, what made you feel it isn't worth spending 2.99?

For others here is the link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59986974

I also want to add, I've used an expensive dashcam for a few years now with my truck. It was an important purchase after a drunk guy, without his license, drove through a red light and into my car. TD said I had no proof the other driver caused the accident, and put a 50/50 fault against me. Ever since I've had a dashcam. And even handed over footage when a young kid tried to run over an officer.

Anyway just saying dashcams are handy. And an app like this would have been good to have at the time

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    01-02-16 11:56 AM
    I got hooked up, but this App is definitely worth 2.99 especially in comparison to a dash cam. It has tons of features that you can turn on or off. Surprisingly complete for a first release app.
    01-02-16 06:20 PM
    @KermEd in the States the other driver would have been fried if he was drunk with no license, that almost automatically make you have fault. I will definitely be using a Dash cam more often after seeing so many crazy Videos from Russia and even here in Germany.
    01-02-16 06:28 PM
    Can it work on a Q5?

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    01-02-16 09:23 PM
    Can it work on a Q5?

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    Yes, Q5 performs good Full HD cyclic capturing with this app.

BTW: All the BB10 devices I have tested have excellent hardware configuration to capture Full HD videos without any shake while driving. The only thing you need is Car Mount Holder for better picture quality. So, I think all the BB10 devices can eventually serve as an EXCELLENT dash cam after the updating your ex BB10 smartphone to another one..
    01-03-16 04:46 AM
    I got hooked up, but this App is definitely worth 2.99 especially in comparison to a dash cam. It has tons of features that you can turn on or off. Surprisingly complete for a first release app.
    Actually, this app has lot of custom video options (such as custom FPS, lot of different resolutions, custom bitrate, etc..) what I have hidden in the first release to make it more simple. In future I may open those features for more advanced users as well.
    Also, I'm going to add another good features like to:
    1) G-sensor, which will lock the video/tracker files automatically in case of car crush.
    2) Player for GPS tracker file. So you may playback the captured video and corresponding track on a map.
    3) I can open custom video settings for more advanced users. It will allow to configure the app with desired video settings you want.
    4) May be also ability to take a picture during the video recording.

The second (2) feature is the next one I will add to this app I think.
    01-03-16 05:26 AM
    1) G-sensor, which will lock the video/tracker files automatically in case of car crush.
    That was the one thing I was wondering about, in a hard crash where your phone may get knocked out, would the Video be saved or just an error. It's nice to know that your working on a solution for the worst case scenario.
    01-03-16 08:35 AM
38 12