Currently trying to help another CB user try and fix his softbricked device... He can't get the OS to install, and I'm thinking I may have come up with a way for it to force the OS install.

I renamed the beta autoloader to A.exe, and typed a /? in cmd, and we have 4 options, 2 that matter, which are -U<port>, and -G<guid>.

I'm thinking we can attribute the U toggle to -U3 or -U4, depending on which port number he is using, and force it to write it to the device - almost like, but not quite, a TTY/telephony firmware repair.

Has anyone ever had any experience running an autoloader or CAP-3.10 in this manner?
    06-09-13 12:27 PM
    Currently trying to help another CB user try and fix his softbricked device... He can't get the OS to install, and I'm thinking I may have come up with a way for it to force the OS install.

I renamed the beta autoloader to A.exe, and typed a /? in cmd, and we have 4 options, 2 that matter, which are -U<port>, and -G<guid>.

I'm thinking we can attribute the U toggle to -U3 or -U4, depending on which port number he is using, and force it to write it to the device - almost like, but not quite, a TTY/telephony firmware repair.

Has anyone ever had any experience running an autoloader or CAP-3.10 in this manner?
    Never ran the loader like that before, would be interesting if it's a permanent solution

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:03 PM
    I'm going to try to do it via WinVNC here shortly, if I can crack it, it's going to make stuff a lot easier for many people.
    06-09-13 04:02 PM
    That it definitely will

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:18 PM