So this is a recent bug that grew out of nowhere recently :

I tried to use an app called picmix to make a picture compilation and when you tap the frame to add a picture the screen dims as usual to go into your folders to select your picture except now it doesn't. It just dims and undims like it can't access them.... i thought it was the app but then i tried photo studio app and the same thing happens. not to mention i can't upload to facebook anymore, it just hangs in the "loading" picture screen...

Yes, i have permissions granted for accessing folders. I haven't updated anything in the last month outside of Facebook. I'm still on 10.2 waiting on t-mobile update, but regardless everything worked fine up until a few weeks ago.... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    dgmock likes this.
    06-23-15 03:09 AM
    I'm still on 10.2 waiting on t-mobile update, but regardless everything worked fine up until a few weeks ago.... any ideas?
    Poo Poo happens. You should really just update your OS manually and get off of 10.2. It'll almost certainly fix your issue. If you're not willing to do that well.. you'll likely have to look into reloading your OS anyway in which case, you might as well just upgrade. You could also try loading a different pics .BAR file but again... might as well go all the way if you're doing that.
    06-23-15 03:22 AM
    Yeah i tried but the problem isn't the pictures it's just that the apps can't seem to access the folder. It looks like it tries and then gives up...do bugs like this suddenly appear in an outdated os?... does updating the os manually restrict future updates from tmobile?...if and when they decide to send an update whether it's 10.3 or not?...i'll update it myself once the deadline has passed for that "mandatory " update in California sometime in July.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 04:01 AM
    add a picture the screen dims as usual to go into your folders to select your picture except now it doesn't. It just dims and undims like it can't access them.... i thought it was the app but then i tried photo studio app and the same thing happens.
    I have been seeing something similar to this just in the last week any time I try to access the pictures folder from anything other than the camera. Sometimes it will take 4-5 tries just to add a picture to an email.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-23-15 04:58 AM
    I have been seeing something similar to this just in the last week any time I try to access the pictures folder from anything other than the camera. Sometimes it will take 4-5 tries just to add a picture to an email.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Oh wow, you're right! I just tried attaching a picture to an email and then a text and neither one can access any folders for pics or anything else. Just dims and undims... this makes the problem even worse than before!... there is no way to pinpoint the problem since it just happened out of the blue.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 12:39 PM
    Well after rebooting it several times and still no solution i tried something i haven't done in a looong time and resorted to do the classic quick-fix which is pulling the battery; and what do you know, it worked! Apps can access folders again....go figure. #WhenInDoubtPullitOut

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 12:30 AM
    Maybe you guys have done the same thing I did and deleted the "filepicker" bar/file via sachesi. I inadvertently deleted it whilst deleting language files. I kept deleting it thinking it would delete the filemanager app preinstalled into the os, but I was wrong.

here is the filepicker bar from 10.3.1.779...it works just fine on 10.3.2.440
    https://www.dropbox.com/links/your_links
    Last edited by black-dash; 06-24-15 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Attached bar file.
    06-24-15 01:26 AM
    Maybe you guys have done the same thing I did and deleted the "filepicker" bar/file via sachesi. I inadvertently deleted it whilst deleting language files. I kept deleting it thinking it would delete the filemanager app preinstalled into the os, but I was wrong.

here is the filepicker bar from 10.3.1.779...it works just fine on 10.3.2.440
    https://www.dropbox.com/links/your_links
    Thanks but no, i never used sachesi (don't know what it is really)... still on 10.2.1 so i had nothing to delete... for me, it simply worked one day and it didn't the next...i may have deleted certain apps that are no longer supported or can't run due to google play service missing but other than that nothing else was deleted...anyhow, i fixed the problem with a battery pull.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 04:56 AM
    Thanks but no, i never used sachesi (don't know what it is really)... still on 10.2.1 so i had nothing to delete... for me, it simply worked one day and it didn't the next...i may have deleted certain apps that are no longer supported or can't run due to google play service missing but other than that nothing else was deleted...anyhow, i fixed the problem with a battery pull.

Posted via CB10
    Well, apparently the fix is only temporary. accessing the pictures folder to attach anything is a consistent problem. I just tried to save a pic through bbm and it's again inaccessible.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by omega supreme; 08-16-15 at 05:51 PM.
    07-27-15 02:55 PM