Hi,

I have saved pictures in Twitter on my z10. The Twitter app saves the pics to the "Camera" folder as default and it seems this cannot be changed. The problem is, when I try to send one of these saved pictures using WhatsApp, by using "Send Picture" in WhatsApp , it shows thumbnails of all the pics in the "Camera" folder, but I cannot attached any of these Twitter pics. I can select the thumbnail, then it goes to the next screen which usually shows a preview of the pic, before it is sent. No picture appears on the preview screen. I can attached other non-Twitter pictures, such as pictures I took using the camera, but cannot attached the Twitter pics.

Hope that makes sense!! Any assistance will be appreciated.
    02-26-14 11:26 AM
    I think I just managed to reproduce the problem. It seems like the Twitter app is saving PNG images with a JPEG (.jpg) file extension. We're trying to read the picture as if it was a JPEG, which obviously doesn't work.

This is obviously caused by a bug in the Twitter app. However, it is something we do still need to be able to deal with.

Until we fix it, which will be in a future version of our app, you can try changing the file's extension from ".jpg" to ".png". (The only way to change a file extension is from the "Rename" action on the "Properties" page for a file, within the "File Manager" app. The more obvious Rename action, from outside the Properties page, doesn't let you change the extension.)
    samkhoza likes this.
    02-26-14 11:51 AM
    Glad this thread is opened I've meaning to ask my question for some time now but never got around to it.

Nothing to do with twitter but when I receive a picture in whatsapp and want to share it to anyone else in my whatsapp contacts it doesn't give me that option. When I hit the share button it gives me all other options such as bbm, text, Viber, etc etc. But no Whatsapp.

Is this normal??

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:03 PM
    Glad this thread is opened I've meaning to ask my question for some time now but never got around to it.

Nothing to do with twitter but when I receive a picture in whatsapp and want to share it to anyone else in my whatsapp contacts it doesn't give me that option. When I hit the share button it gives me all other options such as bbm, text, Viber, etc etc. But no Whatsapp.

Is this normal??

Posted via CB10
    You have to long-press on the image on the actual chat screen, and select "Forward".

This is because we haven't yet written our own full-screen media viewer, and are using the system's built-in viewers. We explicitly prevent ourselves from appearing on the Share list it provides, since there is no way to tell the difference between a Share from there and a Share from outside of our app. (This screen may look like its part of our app, but it really isn't.)
    007Storm likes this.
    02-26-14 01:08 PM
    Can someone delete this post? Thank you. Something went a little wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Cant Send Saved Twitter Pics on Whatsapp-img_20140226_191205.png  
    02-26-14 01:21 PM