Good morning, it seems 10.3 has taken away the option to move piks in camera folder to a folder on memory card. We use to create a new folder, then go back to pictures, select pics, then the move option and then go to the folder I created. Now it only shows you old folders or you have to create a album right there .no option to move to the folder I created?
    Thx for reading and any help
    Cheers.

Love my Z10
    03-17-15 08:31 AM
    Any ideas. Thx

Love my Z10
    03-17-15 09:28 AM
    Anyone seeing this?.lol

Love my Z10
    03-17-15 11:13 AM
    I have five or six different versions of 10.3 and 10.3.1. Moving between folders, including newly created ones does indeed work.
    03-17-15 11:52 AM
    But taking new photos in the camera app only let's me put piks in device folder or create a album no choice to put in existing memory card created folder

Love my Z10
    03-17-15 12:06 PM
    When you open up camera and swipe down there in settings is an option to save to media card.

In fact all my pics default to Media card/camera and it's very easy to move pictures around my various folders as well as between folders on device and Media card
    Can't move pics to folder?-img_20150317_142437.png

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    03-17-15 02:24 PM
    But taking new photos in the camera app only let's me put piks in device folder or create a album no choice to put in existing memory card created folder

Love my Z10
    Besides saving them initially to the sd card, you should be able to MARK or SELECT them and then navigate upwards or using the File Manager navigate to external memory or sd card. Then once where you want them either Copy or Move.
    03-17-15 06:27 PM
    Thank you for all the help. I have found the folder was hidden and corrected it. But all the pictures I selected and moved to a folder still appear in photos when i open photos. I thought once you moved them to a folder they can only be seen from viewing that folder not just by opening photos?.

Love my Z10
    03-19-15 07:36 AM
    Thank you for all the help. I have found the folder was hidden and corrected it. But all the pictures I selected and moved to a folder still appear in photos when i open photos. I thought once you moved them to a folder they can only be seen from viewing that folder not just by opening photos?.

Love my Z10
    Oh, are you using a 3rd party app to hide photos or are you using a new feature to hide photos? I have not looked at the inherent "HIDER" so I don't know exactly how it works.
    03-19-15 09:11 AM
    No not trying to hide at all. I opened photos, selected a number of them and moved them to a folder. But when I reopen photos the pictures are still in it. They are in the folder aswell. But i dont want them in photos and when I tested erasing 1 in photos it erased it in the folder to.

Love my Z10
    03-19-15 04:55 PM
    No not trying to hide at all. I opened photos, selected a number of them and moved them to a folder. But when I reopen photos the pictures are still in it. They are in the folder aswell. But i dont want them in photos and when I tested erasing 1 in photos it erased it in the folder to.

Love my Z10
    Maybe you want to describe the Folder structure.

If you are in the MISC folder in Internal Memory, and then within certain folders in there, there are what are called symbolic links, kind of like shortcuts or points to files. It is intended to allow Android apps to find files. But it appears to contain copies of the original files (docs, music, pictures, video, etc). But while they are not really copies, if you delete them there, they will get the real copies deleted.

Otherwise I'm not sure what's happening.

So you take a picture. Where do you generally save them? To the device (meaning the internal drive) or to an sd card? Then what app or process are you using to move or copy the picture elsewhere?
    03-19-15 06:59 PM
    Ok,I took a lot of piks at a car show this weekend. When I open the normal BlackBerry photo icon I see them. I then went to BlackBerry file manager created a new folder, went back to the photos and selected all the piks I wanted to move, choose the move option and it showed me existing folders on the device, not what I wanted, only option is to create "new album " that's new. Before you could navigate to any folder you wanted. So i created a "new album " and moved them to this new album. They moved, yet still exist when i reopen my photos app.they are still there. Does that make sense. No after market stuff, I remember OS 10.2 would move the piks from photos to the folder, and they would not be in photos any more.

Love my Z10
    03-19-15 07:14 PM
    I think what's happening is the option on the bottom left let's you choose what's to be seen and if you choose "date" then everything is showing. If i put it to "albums " then if I go to "camera" it doesn't show . different from 10.2. Don't like it.

Love my Z10
    03-19-15 07:27 PM
    Oh, I think I understand.

Yes, the PHOTO app will show all photos on your device although you can display them in various associations. You can see Albums or Camera and you can sort by Date. So, change to Album view and you'll see the ones you've moved to your new "Car Show" album.

My albums are actually pictures that I've taken on various trips using my camera, named after the hike or trip, that I have copied over to the phone (to share with others on occasion). But there's also the camera "album" or folder since I rarely move or copy the ones I take with the phone, there's about a year or more of them (I did move the ones I took with the Z10 before my Z30) and they are all in the camera folder/album.

So, yes the ENTIRE collection of pictures/photos will always show in the MAIN kind of total index. Navigate to the album or folder you want to distinguish.

I don't recall if this has changed between OS's. I think it may have always been that way. In video even stranger kind of - videos I have shot with my CAMERA but moved into those TRIP albums mentioned above, also show up in the Video app because, once again, that app (like photo) indexes the entire phone including Internal Memory and SD-card, and shows ALL videos. I can drill down to specific folders to be more discreet.

Hopefully, I have not confused the issue.
    03-19-15 07:57 PM
    No that is a great explanation ty. I do believe it has changed between OS bc. When using the "Move" option after selecting piks,we use to be able to navigate anywhere, not only have the use existing on device folders, or create a " new album " option. There is no choice to navigate to memory card. As far as i can see.

Love my Z10
    03-19-15 08:07 PM
    When I just looked at Albums, those on my external card show up as do those in internal memory. I think they all merged. For instance I see a trip set of photos from my card. While I also see the misc folder (album) and its contents are definitely from internal memory.

I guess if you want to move/copy stuff, you need to use FileManager.
    03-19-15 11:54 PM
    All "media" is indexed this way. If you want media in a specific directory to not appear in the matching application, pictures, music, etc. use a PC to create a file named ".nomedia" in that directory (without the quotes). You will then have to use the file manager to find and view them.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2576
    03-20-15 04:26 AM