can't install blackberry link-img_00000014.jpg
    its rooting back

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 09:09 AM
    Has it just froze, did you try to install over another version? It does say rolling back so it might be trying to roll back some of your settings and what not. If you can cancel make sure all other versions are uninstalled and try again, Good luck
    08-09-13 10:30 AM
    If you have Link installed previously, try uninstalling it before installing it again.
    08-09-13 10:42 AM
    I have exactly the same problem with BB Link; it refuses to reinstall, giving the "rolling back actions" message every time with no clue about what's wrong. Running Win7-64bit Ultimate with a Z10.

I have uninstalled everything BlackBerry related, I used Regedit and a couple of registry cleaners to ensure there are no BlackBerry or RIM entries of any kind, used Windows Device Manager to remove all BB driver entries, yet it still fails. In fact, when I plug in my Z10, Windows won't even reinstall the basic drivers for device access directly as drives Y and Z like it used to work. Have tried installing the last three versions of Link, same result.

I've contacted BlackBerry support several times and got a response today:

----------------
    BlackBerryHelp
    @BlackBerryHelp

Due to the complexity of your issue, please contact your carrier or network provider for live investigation, diagnosis, & resolution.^SB
    --------------

How's THAT for useless? They just want to walk away from THEIR problem; this has nothing to do with my carrier, their software won't install.

There are many of us with this problem, several threads right here on Crackberry - Link has big problems and I'm getting sick of being unable to backup or sync my Z10 and wasting time trying to fix the installation. As a new BlackBerry user/owner, this is creating a VERY bad impression of the company. Might have to switch to another company if this doesn't get fixed; I need to ensure the data on my phone is backed up and protected.
    Last edited by Jim Wolfson; 08-09-13 at 02:21 PM.
    08-09-13 01:34 PM
    OP please post computer OS type and version
    08-09-13 02:52 PM
    I have now been on the phone with level 2 tech on 4 separate occasions. The problem I was having was an error saying couldn't install device drivers because "not enough system resources." So me phone had never connected to link.

I downloaded and installed the 10.2.0.1047 leak this week and the next day I saw the little ballon come up saying I was connected at both x and y! So I opened Link just to see and it was connected wirelessly!

But wont connect via usb so I cant back it up
    Last edited by moodyk13; 08-10-13 at 06:49 PM.
    08-10-13 06:30 PM
    All of these issues posted above sound like personal problems with your Pc. BlackBerry is the last number you should be calling. Especially if everyone can install link without issues

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    08-10-13 06:44 PM
    I keep getting an error telling me that Link cannot find the .msi file and as such, I can not uninstall or install the latest version.
    11-26-13 07:05 PM
    Have been struggling with this issue for several days....

WHat I can say probably the problem is not in WIndows 8 but in the installation package itself.

I have tried a leaked BB link from this forum and it runs perfectly smooth, no more errors during installation process, but if you try to upgrade it to a newer version: rolling back the action again)

http://crackberry.com/leaked-blackberry-link-12-windows

https://mega.co.nz/#!mhwRXZYJ!RMvkNh...1nK0dPpUXkF7SY - This one worked for me.

SO the only solution I could find - Using a previous or leaked version of Blackberry Link and waiting For RIM to make a working update package.
    01-06-14 04:52 AM
    This is still an issue
    It's things like this that keeps me from returning to Blackberry
    01-22-15 01:26 PM