App Version - Endo Pro
    Phone - BlackBerry Z10 10.1
    Carrier - Rogers
    HRM - Zephyr HxM BT

Hello,

I have received my new Zephyr HxM heart rate monitor, and I was able to get it paired with my Z10 very easily. After that though, even after a reboot, I cannot get Endomondo to display heartrate, I only get a heart with an x on it. I have properly charged the Zephyr, and have run the band under water prior to putting it on. I have rebooted the phone many times not to avail.

Is there some known problems with running it on the Z10? Anybody with the same setup?

I am quite dissappointed...
    Last edited by jfguay2; 07-15-13 at 08:43 AM. Reason: mistake in title
    07-15-13 08:41 AM
    I've never been able to get my HRM to work with Endomondo and my Z10, but it does work with my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:43 AM
    I've never been able to get my HRM to work with Endomondo and my Z10, but it does work with my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    What could be the issue?
    07-15-13 08:44 AM
    What could be the issue?
    I really couldn't say.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:21 AM
    Endomondo App Available on BlackBerry 10 | Endomondo
    "Please note that heart rate features are currently not supported by BlackBerry 10 app."
    niss63 likes this.
    07-15-13 12:48 PM
    Cascarun does support HRM's!

It is the only one I know of that does.

-Jason

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    07-15-13 06:09 PM

-Jason

Posted via CB10
    Alright, downloaded Cascarun. Can you run Cascarun and Endo at the same time?
    08-27-13 10:31 AM
    Alright, downloaded Cascarun. Can you run Cascarun and Endo at the same time?
    I'm not sure. Both utilize GPS. Get back to us!
    08-27-13 10:34 AM
    Alright, just tested it out, they both were working at the same time. Cascarun reported 310meters while endo reported 300meters. I will test them out on a real run and report back.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:00 AM

-Jason

Posted via CB10
    Alright, I was able to try Cascarun with the Zephyr, not to avail. The developer quickly responded to me and said that only the Zephyr Hxm "smart" is supported, and not the standard version. It is somehow stated in appworld, but what not obvious to people is that unless I am mistaken, the Zephyr Hxm "smart" is only in apple version, not the android, which we are told to buy by Endomondo to run on our blackberrys. I wonder if the so call smart version would work with our Z10?

The developper further explained that the smart version is based on the latest bluetooth protocol, and they do not have yet the ressources to be developping for older ones.

So in the end, I ended up buying a 100$ Zephyr heart rate monitor believing it was going to work with my Z10, but it doesn't, and I bought Cascarun hoping that that app would allow me to use the Zephyr I bought, that did not pan out either. Word of advice, do extensive research about what version and what setup you have prior buying anything that is Zephyr Hrm related...
    08-30-13 07:29 AM
    Alright, I was able to try Cascarun with the Zephyr, not to avail. The developer quickly responded to me and said that only the Zephyr Hxm "smart" is supported, and not the standard version. It is somehow stated in appworld, but what not obvious to people is that unless I am mistaken, the Zephyr Hxm "smart" is only in apple version, not the android, which we are told to buy by Endomondo to run on our blackberrys. I wonder if the so call smart version would work with our Z10?

The developper further explained that the smart version is based on the latest bluetooth protocol, and they do not have yet the ressources to be developping for older ones.

So in the end, I ended up buying a 100$ Zephyr heart rate monitor believing it was going to work with my Z10, but it doesn't, and I bought Cascarun hoping that that app would allow me to use the Zephyr I bought, that did not pan out either. Word of advice, do extensive research about what version and what setup you have prior buying anything that is Zephyr Hrm related...
    I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. I have a Mio Alpha HRM Watch which works wonderfully.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    08-30-13 12:38 PM
    I owned my HXM for about 6 months before I even bought my Z10. As a matter of fact, the thought that I could use it with Cascarun was one of the reasons I was so excited about getting the Z10 in the first place. Now as you say, I find out that it won't work, and that is just pissing me off. Guess I'll have to go back to my S3 to use it, unless the developer can fix it .

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 likes this.
    09-08-13 06:37 PM
    If you are an owner of the Zephyr HxM (non-smart) or Polar Wearlink/H1/H2, I have some good news: we have listened to your request and support in CasaRun is almost done and those devices will be fully supported in the next release (planned before the end of the week!).
    jfguay2 and niss63 like this.
    09-16-13 03:05 PM
    If you are an owner of the Zephyr HxM (non-smart) or Polar Wearlink/H1/H2, I have some good news: we have listened to your request and support in CasaRun is almost done and those devices will be fully supported in the next release (planned before the end of the week!).
    That is excellent news indeed! Keep us posted!
    09-16-13 06:36 PM
    The CascaRun release 1.3.2 is now available and adds supports for Zephyr HxM and Polar Wearlink/H1/H2 (support for BT Smart devices has been improved as well). There is also experimental support for SportsTracker monitors, so almost all known HRM should be supported now.

Feedback is welcome

That is excellent news indeed! Keep us posted!
    jfguay2 likes this.
    09-19-13 03:32 AM
    Awesome! Already have the whole Polar setup. This is very good news. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 likes this.
    09-19-13 09:17 AM
    Works now. Thank you very much.

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    09-24-13 08:07 AM
    I'm looking at buying the Polar H7 Blue tooth HRM does this work with Casca? Thanks!

Posted by my awesome Z10
    10-15-13 06:10 PM
    Try Cascarun instead of endomondo

Swordsmanship Channel: C000C9AF6
    jfguay2 likes this.
    10-15-13 07:13 PM
    Thanks!

Posted by my awesome Z10
    10-15-13 08:35 PM
    The CascaRun release 1.3.2 is now available and adds supports for Zephyr HxM and Polar Wearlink/H1/H2 (support for BT Smart devices has been improved as well). There is also experimental support for SportsTracker monitors, so almost all known HRM should be supported now.

Feedback is welcome
    I have used cascarun with My Zephyr a few times and it works really well! Thank you, great app.
    11-27-13 02:50 PM
    10.1's Android runtime doesn't support Android Bluetooth function.

10.2 has fixed this... my 10.2 even turns the volume up and down on my LG Bluetooth headphones now too. I have also used a Bluetooth OBD2 reader with Torque which didn't work on 10.0-10.1...

Install the leak and I guarantee your heart monitor works flawlessly.

Blackberry is fixing many many issues with each release... no need to be disappointed in BB... be disappointed in your lack of research when you have something like Crackberry at your fingertips.

-Chris-
    11-27-13 03:18 PM