After the latest OS update on my Z10, I am unable to connect to my Hidden WIFI with WPA2 Personal Key, Tried few times but no success. It was connected after I made visible my SSID in router.
    Before the OS update is was connected with Hiddedn SSID without problems
    03-03-13 12:31 AM
    I'm not sure there is any benefit to hiding your ssid, it is in every packet you router transmits...m that said your z10 should be able to connect, especially since it has done it before the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:21 AM
    did you manually add it then connect?
    03-03-13 07:29 AM
    did you manually add it then connect?
    Yes, I manually added and connected. It was successful only I made the SSID visible, otherwise No.
    03-03-13 08:17 AM
    I'm not sure there is any benefit to hiding your ssid, it is in every packet you router transmits...m that said your z10 should be able to connect, especially since it has done it before the update.

Posted via CB10
    Not Really, to escape from nearby hackers & crackers atleast
    03-03-13 08:18 AM
    I think it protects you from your neighbor finding it, but anyone looking to hack or crack can basically walk right in with the tools available...
    Hiding your ssid, restricting to specific mac addresses, does nothing more than give you false sense of security...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 08:23 AM
    I think it protects you from your neighbor finding it, but anyone looking to hack or crack can basically walk right in with the tools available...
    Hiding your ssid, restricting to specific mac addresses, does nothing more than give you false sense of security...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you are True. From master hackers and crackers we cant escape but atleast from some curious learners and students and basic learners. Now a days school kids and college students are too smart in hacking and cracking. So, atleast just hiding from them is basic requirement for me.
    03-03-13 08:32 AM
    I am able to connect to my hidden SSID after the update - no issue whatsoever. Remember that the SSID is case-sensitive.
    03-03-13 09:26 AM
    I am also able to still connect to my hidden SSID after the update...no problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:49 PM