I upgraded my Z10 to BBOS 10.3 and now I cannot use the BBM group hubby and I share because it says there are no other members. Hubby can use it just fine on his Z10. We only use a shared list and calendar, but there are lots of things there I would like to access again. I tried to re-scan the group barcode when displayed on his phone, he tried to invite me...nada. I didn't get the invitation, and scanning did nothing. Both phones can ping the other phone. He is not on BBOS 10.3 yet...will that do it? I don't want to lose all that stuff if I don't have to. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions!

- Cat
    07-19-15 12:12 AM
    I upgraded my Z10 to BBOS 10.3 and now I cannot use the BBM group hubby and I share because it says there are no other members. Hubby can use it just fine on his Z10. We only use a shared list and calendar, but there are lots of things there I would like to access again. I tried to re-scan the group barcode when displayed on his phone, he tried to invite me...nada. I didn't get the invitation, and scanning did nothing. Both phones can ping the other phone. He is not on BBOS 10.3 yet...will that do it? I don't want to lose all that stuff if I don't have to. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions!

- Cat
    First thing, do a hard restart. Hold both up/down volume buttons until you see the BB logo. Ignore the screen shot that happens. It will take 30-50 seconds or more to get to the logo. After it restarts go to BlackBerry World and look for a BBM update. There may be one. If there is update and restart the normal way. Wait 5 minutes for everything to start up then try to get your to group again. Good luck.
    07-20-15 10:01 AM
    Thank you for your kind response. I had not had any luck with that, and even deleted myself from the group but was unable to rejoin afterward.

What did the trick was that a second update became available a couple weeks after the first update. My hubby skipped the update I did, and only did the second update and had no trouble. After I did the second update, I was able to rejoin the group in an instant.

I appreciate your help. Thank you so very much.

- Cat
    08-01-15 08:23 PM