Hey all, a similar situation here. I had previously setup two yahoo email accounts with no issues. Unfortunately I damaged that Z10 beyond repair so I bought another one. I received the new Z10 today and after doing the initial setup I updated the OS and then did a restore from my previous Z10. Once everything was done I received several pop up messages asking for me to validate my account. In both cases I was not able to get either Yahoo email account to work. I received error messages that my login and of password was incorrect. After repeated attempts with no success I checked both accounts by logging in to each from my laptop. My next option was to wipe the device and try to set up the email accounts after the wipe. Once the device was wiped I was able to add a gmail account and one of my two yahoo accounts. When I try to add the second yahoo account I get a message telling me that the calendar was added but that the server for contacts and email are unavailable at this time and to retry at a later time.

Ive scoured the forums here and the web for a cause and solution and can't find anything to help.

Hoping someone here has a suggestion.

Thanks.
    03-06-13 05:15 PM
    Setup the account using email calendar and contacts. Don't use th advanced options. I set it up that way and worked right first time and even two wipes later.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 05:48 PM
    Setup the account using email calendar and contacts. Don't use th advanced options. I set it up that way and worked right first time and even two wipes later.

Posted via CB10
    I've tried setting it up by just entering my email address and password and by using advanced options to check the server settings I've also tried setting it up as IMAP and still won't work.
    03-06-13 05:55 PM
    What ports are being used? 993 and 465? Encryption ssl?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 06:05 PM
    Issue is not yet resolved unfortunately! I deleted my accounts before taking to the dealer since i had to get my phone checked for BBM not working with wifi on.
    Does Yahoo use two-factor authentication or configure something within your account on the website that affects email on mobile devices? Or is that just a Google thing?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    03-06-13 06:10 PM
    Does Yahoo use two-factor authentication or configure something within your account on the website that affects email on mobile devices? Or is that just a Google thing?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Would not know if yahoo makes any changes to your account on the website settings. Too lazy to check that out as long as my mails flow through.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 06:15 PM
    I logged into my yahoo email account from my laptop, changed the password then removed the connection between my yahoo email account and the BlackBerry. Did a second security wipe and after rebooting I was able to successful add the account. Next I did a restore from a previous backup and upon completion just had to validate the email account and all is working well.

Posted via CB10
    nmonbb likes this.
    03-06-13 10:59 PM
    " then removed the connection between my yahoo email account and the BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10
    How? Through yahoo or from BB?
    03-07-13 12:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did it this way only....does not work!
    03-08-13 01:50 AM
    03-08-13 03:42 AM
    Also, have you mentioned which version of the Z10 you have (ie STL100-1, STL100-2, STL100-3, STL100-4) and which software version?

There is a known outgoing email bug that can be an issue depending on your software version.
    03-08-13 03:44 AM
    Possibly relevant:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...counts-776723/

Also - you're in UAE, right? Are you on Etisalat by chance? They have a history of playing snooping games on their Blackberry customers..
    03-08-13 04:00 AM
    Also, have you mentioned which version of the Z10 you have (ie STL100-1, STL100-2, STL100-3, STL100-4) and which software version?

There is a known outgoing email bug that can be an issue depending on your software version.
    I am in the UAE on "DU" not Etisalat. My Z10 is STL100-1. But i had set up the yahoo account before and was using it. Its only now that i cannot set it up again! Have tried al sorts of combinations. Will try to change my yahoo password and try again!
    03-08-13 06:03 AM
    Yes, I understand you had it working at one time. But as some others here have suggested, it could be an account authentication thing.

Yahoo can be very strange about that. I remember times when I'm using Yahoo on the web and it repeatedly asks to re-authenticate, over and over and over. People have complained of similiar things with Blackberries. I'm guessing that sometimes some automated system there detects some sort of event it has been programmed to recognize as "suspicious", and then becomes very picky about authentication, assuming you might be trying to break into an account or something.
    03-08-13 08:02 AM
    Yes, I understand you had it working at one time. But as some others here have suggested, it could be an account authentication thing.

Yahoo can be very strange about that. I remember times when I'm using Yahoo on the web and it repeatedly asks to re-authenticate, over and over and over. People have complained of similiar things with Blackberries. I'm guessing that sometimes some automated system there detects some sort of event it has been programmed to recognize as "suspicious", and then becomes very picky about authentication, assuming you might be trying to break into an account or something.

Why yahoo why?!
    03-08-13 12:30 PM
    I logged into my yahoo email account from my laptop, changed the password then removed the connection between my yahoo email account and the BlackBerry. Did a second security wipe and after rebooting I was able to successful add the account. Next I did a restore from a previous backup and upon completion just had to validate the email account and all is working well.

Posted via CB10
    I changed my yahoo password and then tried to add the yahoo account with the new password!! IT WORKED!!!!!! Thank you!! Problem which was going on for so many days has finally been solved!!! Thank YOU!
    03-08-13 01:21 PM
    We spend a lot of time troubleshooting email setups and finally ask the end user to click on the blue eye in the password field so the password is revealed. This has ALWAYS resulted in them seeing they have input the wrong password. LOL!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    03-08-13 01:25 PM
    We spend a lot of time troubleshooting email setups and finally ask the end user to click on the blue eye in the password field so the password is revealed. This has ALWAYS resulted in them seeing they have input the wrong password. LOL!

BesAdmin Z10 User
    My earlier password was not wrong, used the same password on my laptop and did the blue eye to double check!
    03-08-13 01:27 PM
    As the title says...the problem still persists! Errors, errors, errors! Somebody help!!
    WOW Hmm

Turn off mobile network
    Turn On wifi
    Dont Ask Me Why setting up emails over the network wont work
    i cant express or get back what i lost over this one
    03-08-13 02:28 PM
    I changed my yahoo password and then tried to add the yahoo account with the new password!! IT WORKED!!!!!! Thank you!! Problem which was going on for so many days has finally been solved!!! Thank YOU!
    EXCELLENT. Enjoy your new smartphone.
    03-08-13 05:15 PM
    EXCELLENT. Enjoy your new smartphone.
    Thank you! Feel much better after having been able to setup my email accounts. Still having BBM problems tho...thats another thread altogether
    03-09-13 07:11 AM
    I have the same problem. Haven't resolve it yet
    03-12-13 01:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did as advice, still can't log into yahoo account. What xxxxxxxx
    03-12-13 03:26 AM
    Ok, finally manage to setup yahoo email in the z10 just now. Nothing different was done as compared to the steps I did yesterday. Not sure why it manage to be setup this morning and not yesterday.
    03-12-13 08:55 PM
    I ended up stumbling upon an apparent solution.

It seems that Google perhaps requires some sort of authentication after changing your password? I wasn't aware of this and never saw anything of the sort when logging in on my desktop. You will need to enable and create a password for every application (like BB, iPad etc.) to use your email as a one time process. This can be done in your account settings in gmail under 2-step verification

After that, I attempted to add my GMail account again, and voila! It works now. Very interesting indeed.

EDIT: I finally found this : https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    VK
    05-07-13 12:33 AM
55 123