I recently updated my z10 OS to 10.2.1.537. As expected, my old android apps wouldn't work. I uninstalled all previous android bar files from DDPB. I read that you can install apk files directly on this OS. So I downloaded apk files and pressed the install button. But I can't seem to get past the 'processing' screen when I try to install an apk file.

I have allowed apps from other sources to be installed from settings --> app manager

I uninstalled the 595 android runtime from my phone and installed the latest one available.

Still the same problem.

Please help.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 09:28 AM
    I suggest you reload the OS, there is absolutely no need to play with the run time, even better install the 2102 from various links that are here.

Oh, no need to start separate threads ... welcome to CrackBerry by the way.
    02-20-14 10:01 AM
    Thanks @zocster.
    If I am not wrong I will have to restore my phone to factory settings and wipe all data from my phone before I re-install the OS right?
    Even my BlackBerry Link wouldn't let me take a backup of my data. The backup option is greyed out while all other options work just fine.

Don't know what to do. And I read a couple of other members saying even the reloading of OS didn't work. Anybody knows any alternate solution?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:27 PM
    Thanks @zocster.
    If I am not wrong I will have to restore my phone to factory settings and wipe all data from my phone before I re-install the OS right?
    Even my BlackBerry Link wouldn't let me take a backup of my data. The backup option is greyed out while all other options work just fine.

Don't know what to do. And I read a couple of other members saying even the reloading of OS didn't work. Anybody knows any alternate solution?

Posted via CB10
    Try a nondestructive update to O.S. version 10.2.1.2141 using Sachesi. Grab the .bar files off of the U.K. servers, Country Code 234, Carrier Code 015. There are complete instructions in other posts on using Sachesi. Read the instructions. It is not hard. Then side load Snap and reload your Android apps from Snap. Worked great for me and I updated from .537. Could not be happier with the results.
    02-20-14 01:40 PM