I have just flash the latest leak for my Z10 and after restoring my backup it's sending me an error. Gmail is not responding

It seems that the new gamail on this latest leak is different from the previous one. Now when you set it up it opens a web page where you get asked for a permission in order to make it sync.

I had to create a new Gmail account because the old one is there but won't work. I can't even get into the settings to delete it for good.

Any help on how to delete this?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by henrickrw; 07-04-13 at 09:01 PM.
    07-04-13 08:50 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I would prefer to just delete the account and not use Gmail at all. If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it. It's super annoying to see "Gmail not responding" every time I open the hub. Help!
    07-04-13 09:47 PM
    Restart phone

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:52 PM
    I'm sure you've already done this but go to Settings. Click Accounts. Click on your Gmail account. You should see a garbage can icon on the very bottom of the screen. Do you not see this?

I'm on this leak and I see this for my Gmail account. But I do have to say, I'm going to downgrade back to 2354 because my Outlook contacts are not syncing properly with this new leak.
    07-04-13 09:53 PM
    I get the screen with the garbage can for my Yahoo account but not the Gmail. The Gmail setup brings up a screen that looks like a browser window with a gmail login. Then it says that gmail wants to run my contacts and calendar and I don't want it to so I don't accept. The garbage can does not come up. I will try a battery pull. Otherwise, I might backup and wipe the device and try again. Thanks sk8er_tor!
    claymore2211 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:58 PM
    I'm sure you've already done this but go to Settings. Click Accounts. Click on your Gmail account. You should see a garbage can icon on the very bottom of the screen. Do you not see this?

I'm on this leak and I see this for my Gmail account. But I do have to say, I'm going to downgrade back to 2354 because my Outlook contacts are not syncing properly with this new leak.
    That does not work because the Gmail account doesn't give you the chance to get to the trash icon (the screen stays blank)

The only fix I found was to wipe the Z10 again, don't restore anything and start from scratch.

Then I create the account from zero. Don't know what's happening here but don't restore back if you wish to avoid issues.

By the way, now when creating the Gmail account it prompts you to a web page asking for permissions. Weird.

Complete headache.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 11:19 PM
    I agree. Complete headache and I don't want to accept the Google permissions. I was thinking about accepting and then quickly deleting the account but maybe I'll just wipe and start over instead. I hate Google.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:27 AM
    I'm getting the same thing just now after the update to OS version 10.1.0.4633. It didn't affect my main Gmail account, but I had two separate Google Calendar accounts that are now basically like this.

They both show "Not Connected - Password Required" on the main Account Settings list, and if I tap on the first one it gives me the login page in a webview window (as noted above) and the only "chrome" aside from that is a title bar that has a Previous button, and the title Gmail.

If I tap on the second broken calendar account, I get the same title bar but the browser window (rest of page) is completely empty... just white.
    07-30-13 07:51 PM
    Im having the exact same issue as Peter. However this is for one of my main gmail accounts.

Any other way except for wiping ? Any trick via file explorer or something ? This is driving me nuts
    07-31-13 02:26 AM
    nevermind i fixed it

Simple add another mail account with exact the same settings. The bb will take care of the rest
    07-31-13 03:03 AM
    Ever since the latest software update "10.1.0.4181", I had to reconnect to all of my old email accounts. All of them were okay except for Gmail. It has caused me to re-establish a new connection to the old account by "adding". And thus I am left with a "Gmail account not responding" associated to a variation of my current user name which is NOT linked to a valid gmail account of any kind. This is such a "no brainer" oversight as the simple fix should be to simply hold down the account until a trash can appears. Instead, it transfers to a Google sign in site that has no way of verifying an account due to an invalid user name. I am stuck looking at this account in my hub that has no way of deleting (GGrrrrrr!) I don't see any other way of getting rid of this without wiping out the phone and adding everything from scratch. It's basic issues like this that make me want to leave Blackberry and jump ship.
    pasterj likes this.
    07-31-13 02:52 PM
    This exact thing happened to me. Is there any way to just delete the gmail account. I spent 6 hours yesterday having to wipe the phone and now im dealing with this....what a headache. Ive been diehard blackberry but i am considering moving to android at this point.
    Thanks
    08-26-13 12:35 PM
    Since the update to 10.1.0.4181 I face exactly the same problem. It's so annoying that I consider to change to Android as well. RIM you gotta fix this urgently if you don't wanna lose customers!!
    claymore2211 likes this.
    09-24-13 05:32 AM
    OK, I found the way how to get around this bug. Tested on BBZ10 OS 10.2.0.1803:
    1) You should setup additional CalDAV or CardDAV item for the same Gmail account

2) Then you will have a group of Items for your Gmail account which can be deleted
    • Go to Accounts
    • Now if you will choose your gmail account you will see additonal screen with Delete All button (see picture bellow)
    • Press Delete All to remove your Gmail account from BB Z10!
    • Bingo!

To be honest it is looks like setup of programs in Linux 10 years ago Shame on Blackberry
    Cannot delete Gmail account after restoring data-deletegmailonbb.png
    Attached Thumbnails Cannot delete Gmail account after restoring data-deletegmailonbb.png  
    02-04-14 07:38 AM