Before I updated my Blackberry, I used to be able to use the AUX cable to play music from my Z10 and have the sound come out on my stereo speakers. In addition, my BOSE QC15 headphones worked.

Now, when I try to play music from my Z10 using the AUX cable, music emanates from the Z10, not the Stereo speakers.
    In addition, my very expensive BOSE headphone are making server popping noises. When this occurs, and you go into settings and Main Volume, the volume slider is oscillating back and forth.

It should be noted that my wife's android phone works perfectly with my Bose headphones and the AUX cable.

Any ideas as to what is going on???

(I pulled the battery that didn't seem to do anything)
    03-04-14 07:58 PM
    Do you have another pair of headphones to try? Is there any case around the phone that is impeding full insertion of the plug into the jack?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:08 PM
    I have a pair of earbuds that still work so I don't think that is the issue.
    03-04-14 08:14 PM
    I don't know if an OS reload would fix it. But other headphones work? Rules out the jack.

You can try Blackberry Virtual Expert - it contains a series of tests.
    03-04-14 09:19 PM
    Bose QC3 and QC20i working great here... and by 'Aux' cable I suppose you mean headphone cable.... Make sure you use a good cable, as short as possible, and that the QC batteries have plenty charge...
    03-04-14 09:21 PM
    When playing music a while ago using Beats Executives, I noticed that I had the option of routing the sound from headphones, speaker or device (??) and something else. I think the More... provided access. The z10 is downstairs. Maybe you can change where the sound is going - it might have been switched.
    03-04-14 10:42 PM
    Bose QC3 and QC20i working great here... and by 'Aux' cable I suppose you mean headphone cable.... Make sure you use a good cable, as short as possible, and that the QC batteries have plenty charge...
    I bought a new cable..........same results. BTW...my wife's Android phone works fine.
    03-07-14 02:22 PM
    When playing music a while ago using Beats Executives, I noticed that I had the option of routing the sound from headphones, speaker or device (??) and something else. I think the More... provided access. The z10 is downstairs. Maybe you can change where the sound is going - it might have been switched.
    When i plug in my Bose headphones, I do not see any option like that.
    03-07-14 02:23 PM
    When i plug in my Bose headphones, I do not see any option like that.
    I'm listening right now. Playing a tune. Open the MORE... menu. You might need to swipe down that menu (Play On, Previous, Pause, Next .....) down near the bottom of the list SaveAsPlaylist and then AUDIO. Pressing Audio gives me 3 choices: Speaker (the hands-free speaker), Headset
    - the plug in headphones and Handset (the lower speaker when phone is to ear).

What OS version do you have?
    03-07-14 05:29 PM
    I'm listening right now. Playing a tune. Open the MORE... menu. You might need to swipe down that menu (Play On, Previous, Pause, Next .....) down near the bottom of the list SaveAsPlaylist and then AUDIO. Pressing Audio gives me 3 choices: Speaker (the hands-free speaker), Headset
    - the plug in headphones and Handset (the lower speaker when phone is to ear).

What OS version do you have?
    03-08-14 06:50 PM
    Os version is 10.2.1.2102

When I got to that menu, the headset / handset choices were flashing on and off when I had my Bose QC15 plugged in and the clicking noise was continuing.

When I have my ear buds plugged in, it works perfectly.
    03-08-14 06:57 PM
    Os version is 10.2.1.2102

When I got to that menu, the headset / handset choices were flashing on and off when I had my Bose QC15 plugged in and the clicking noise was continuing.

When I have my ear buds plugged in, it works perfectly.
    03-08-14 07:00 PM
    I don't know if an OS reload would fix it. But other headphones work? Rules out the jack.

You can try Blackberry Virtual Expert - it contains a series of tests.
    I tried that.......my regular earbuds passed the test but my BOSE headphones fail.
    03-08-14 07:52 PM
    I got the same problem.. I noticed that after updates. I tried my headphones to other device and it works. I tried another headphones to my device it works. Thought my headphones is broken but it works on my other device or computer. Weird.. :/ don't know if it has to do with the updates but that's what I noticed.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:36 PM
    might be mic issues with the headphones that is faulty. the earphones will work with other devices that dont need mic. i had to replace an earphone 3 days ago but works on my computer.
    07-17-14 01:24 AM