I need help. I have tried Blackberry.com and I even found a tel# to call, but BlackBerry tech support wanted $49 to help me. I posted on other sites but no one was able to help me. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciative.
    I have two email addresses connected to my Z10 (I love the Z10) and both emails are yahoo accounts. All of a sudden, one of the two accounts won't connect to my device anymore. I already know how to go to settings + accounts + choose the email that is not responding + put password again and try to reconnect. It's not working.
    So if anyone knows how to fix this, please help. AND thank you in advance...
    11-01-13 06:25 PM
    The other Yahoo account works fine?

While this is probably true, both accounts on the z10 are set up the same way? You have the second password correct?

What about going to yahoo.com on a computer and making sure both accounts are the same there with the same settings.

Let's see if anyone else has ideas?

I know some of us have had issues where every few days, the z10 says it cannot connect to Yahoo and to fix the account - the only thing necessary there is to open the account, look at or edit one piece of info (no change to it) and then save it again. No one knows why!
    11-01-13 07:38 PM
    The other Yahoo account works fine.
    I set up both accounts the same way. I didn't setup in any advanced way, just email address and password. Yes, I have the passwords correct.
    I went on Yahoo.com on the computer, but I don't know where to go on the account to help me reconnect my email address with my Z10 (still love it). I never had this problem until recentrly. Both accounts were working fine for the first few months.
    I also have issues where my 'good' account is disconnected every few days, but I reput my password and everything is good again. But for the first couple of months, it NEVER disconnected.
    Again, if anyone can help, thank you.
    11-12-13 10:21 AM
    I will watch this with interest and hope someone has some ideas on misbehaving email accounts.

My yahoo account kept getting 'thrown out' of my Z10, so in exasperation I put the Yahoo account on the Playbook and used two others on the Z10.

Then Gmail kept getting thrown out of the Z10.....so again I turned to yet another unused email account and the Gmail went on to the Playbook.

Now I have two aol accounts on the Z10 and the main one is being thrown out every day. I'm wondering whether to lose the will to live, or put yet another email account on the Playbook....which sort of defeats the object as I don't take the Playbook out with me....and just have one email account on the Z10.

My Curve used to have all the email accounts on it and was absolutely fine.

I haven't updated to 10.2 yet....been watching the posts on here and the help pages re post update problems and as I need to keep my Z working as it is, being slightly less than able bodied, I will wait to update it..

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:07 PM
    Actually, now that you brang it up. I never had any problems with the email until I did the first upgrade during the summer.
    11-17-13 07:05 PM
    My playbook has the same issue, only with yahoo mail accounts. I wish I could be more helpful, but perhaps its a common blackberry software issue and not limited to the z10?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    11-17-13 07:10 PM
    Had the same issue with my rogers /yahoo account. It even gave me issues logging into it on my pc. After I was able to reset my password on my PC I deleted my account on my Z10, re boot and then setting it up again. Worked for me. Hope it will work for u.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:11 PM
    I need help. I have tried Blackberry.com and I even found a tel# to call, but BlackBerry tech support wanted $49 to help me. I posted on other sites but no one was able to help me. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciative.
    I have two email addresses connected to my Z10 (I love the Z10) and both emails are yahoo accounts. All of a sudden, one of the two accounts won't connect to my device anymore. I already know how to go to settings + accounts + choose the email that is not responding + put password again and try to reconnect. It's not working.
    Now, you see why I had to leave my Q10. BlackBerry has no way of unlocking blackberry I.d

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-17-13 07:12 PM
    Now, you see why I had to leave my Q10. BlackBerry has no way of unlocking blackberry I.d

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    What does unlocking bbID have to do with the OP's issue?

Posted on CB10 with a Zee10 on 10.2.1.xxxx
    curvezzz and PHughes like this.
    11-17-13 07:19 PM
    I'm not familiar with the Yahoo situation since I don't have any Yahoo accounts. But, if you have two step verification set up on your accounts, you need to enter a specially generated password into your mobile devices in order to have your emails synced to your devices. But I guess many people are having issues with Yahoo accounts and having to keep signing in...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:08 AM
    No trouble with my yahoo.co.uk account, in fact gmail, live,gmx accounts at working fine
    11-18-13 09:47 AM
    Usually problems like this stem from 2-factor authentication now on sites like Gmail, Yahoo etc. If you don't know about it do some homework. I've had similar issues as you on Gmail and when I fixed the 2 factor authentication...problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 12:37 PM
    For what it's worth, I also have 2 yahoo accounts and the same thing happens.
    One account works fine while the other often won't retrieve emails, or can't connect, or wants me to re-enter my password.

I wonder if this might have something to do with both the accounts being from the same domain? No matter how many times I reenter my account info I experience the same thing after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:23 PM
    Guys,

SOLUTION FOR YAHOO POP Server Configuration:

I don't know if this helps you, but I spent all morning trying to set up a work colleague's z10 to have his personal yahoo account on it. What a pain in the a$$. BTW, I hate .. absolutely hate Yahoo and I think out of all the free email providers .. they are the worse.

Anyway, here was my solution. I couldn't get the imap working, but manage to get the pop working which was good enough for him. Here's what I did:

Go into Settings and Accounts and "Add an Account" on your BB10 device. Click on the Advance. Choose POP. Put in a description and under username and email address put in your full email address. Type in your password. Now for the pop server type in "pop.mail.yahoo.com" and for smtp server type in "smtp.mail.yahoo.com". Now (and this is important), turn off the SSL requirements. This will default the port correctly to 110 for the pop server and 25 for the smtp server. Once you entered all the information click the Done button.

This should work. If it doesn't you make have to log into your Yahoo account and go into Settings and Security under the email icon ("Hi, (your name)") and make sure the use https:// SSL option is not checked off.

You can always try to see if you can get the imap to work in the same way. It may work since I think the biggest issue was trying to got through the security SSL ports and Yahoo wouldn't accept the information. Good luck!
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 11-19-13 at 01:27 PM.
    afl777 and zlatno like this.
    11-19-13 12:50 PM
    SOLUTION FOR YAHOO IMAP Server Configuration:

Ok here's my update .. I got imap to work. Here's what I did (reference what I did in my last post):

When you click Advance, go into IMAP. Put all the particulars in as I stated above. However for the first Server address you're going to put in "imap.mail.yahoo.com" and the port should default to 993.. your encryption needs to be set to SSL. The SMTP server remains the same "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" with SSL turned off and the default port set to 25. I turned PUSH off because I believe it is unsupported using Yahoo. Hope it works for you!
    zlatno likes this.
    11-19-13 01:26 PM
    None of the above worked for me. Here’s what did fix it.

I logged onto my account on Yahoo (Rogers) using my laptop. I noticed that SSL was turned off in the Mail Options screen. I turned it ON. I then was able to add the Yahoo account onto my Q10 without errors and without having to use the Advanced Setup screen.

Hope this helps.
    afl777 and zlatno like this.
    11-19-13 05:32 PM
    I have two email addresses connected to my Z10 (I love the Z10) and both emails are yahoo accounts. All of a sudden, one of the two accounts won't connect to my device anymore.
    My first suggestion is to try what I did when I first added my Yahoo account on my Z10 back in March and found that it wouldn't accept my password. I did some research online and found that others were having the same problem and it was caused by having a special character such as a # or ! or similar in the password. I changed my password removing the special character and it's worked well since.

The second thing to check is on the Yahoo Mail website have you got SSL turned off in the settings for IMAP and SMTP for that email address? Your phone will expect it to be turned on by default in the account settings when you create the account by entering the email address and password. If it's off on the website try turning it on.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:50 PM
    Hard as I look I cannot find SSL in any of my online accounts....and as something has to give before I descend into a rage worthy of a tyrant, I have turned off SSL on the phone to see if that matches up with the online accounts. I'll post again with an update, as accounts are thrown out on a daily basis it won't take long to find if it's worked.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:16 AM
    Hard as I look I cannot find SSL in any of my online accounts....and as something has to give before I descend into a rage worthy of a tyrant, I have turned off SSL on the phone to see if that matches up with the online accounts. I'll post again with an update, as accounts are thrown out on a daily basis it won't take long to find if it's worked.

Posted via CB10
    Well....heres the update. All accounts quite happy on my Z10 and not throwing themselves out each day. Not one 'the account is not responding please renew password ' type message. So it is something to do with the SSL....now turned off on my phone on each account as I can't find where to turn it on in the main accounts...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:01 PM
    I got sick of Yahoo, but it was my main account. What I did was create an Outlook.com account, then create 2 alias accounts for each of your Yahoo accounts. Go to Yahoo and forward each account to the Outlook account. And this has the benefit of almost instant delivery.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:12 PM
    ATTENTION! I had this problem only solution I found is by deleting viber after that my accounts worked fine! Good luck

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:26 PM
    If you have Viber APP delete it see if that works I had the same problem and by deleting viber everything worked fine

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:27 PM
    Accounts randomly being thrown out again. Two aol and one Gmail. The Gmail is now on my PlayBook and behaving. Having daily notifications from the two aol ones....not responding, re enter password. Since I have had the Z10 since the launch last Jan and it's nearly a year, I have decided enough is enough. As the last two email addresses fail they will be deleted and put into the PlayBook. If I am destined to have no email function in the Z10 then so be it.

It's a pity, as these accounts sat on my Curve 9320 and before that, on my 9300 with no issues. But having tried to go back to legacy to cure this I missed the speed etc of the Z10 and swapped back to it.

This might be something that Blackberry need to address at some point.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:58 AM
    Second aol account just thrown out within an hour of the first one going. It's a daily ritual.

One more account to go....no doubt hanging in there by magic....then the only accounts in the accounts setting are Facebook and Twitter.....!!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 06:13 AM
    Hello! I was able to 'repair' the connection from the Yahoo! mail servers (send and receive) to my Q10 BB. Here is what I did: I went into settings and chose the Yahoo! settings (enabled SSL encryption on both IMAP and SMTP, was able to enable push as well. Now - here is what fixed my issue: went into Yahoo! settings via my PC - there is a 'switch' if you will - that allows for enabling or disabling two layer security. I temporarily turned it 'off' and proceeded to have my BB Q10 setup the Yahoo! mail account. VIOLA! It worked. Now - being paranoid about hackers and the like - I DID enable the two layer security after the cell phone was happy with it's Yahoo! connection. Yahoo then asked me for my mobile number, which I gave it. Yahoo then texted me a code that re-introduced my phone as a trusted device.

I don't know if I will have problems tomorrow but I will try to keep y'all posted. I was able to 'refresh' my Yahoo! mail to my BBM Q10 so I think all is fine.

Good Luck to You!
    06-10-15 12:33 AM