Im actually in Bermuda for hollidays. Yesterday i dropped my beloved Z10 in the sea. Needless to say, my heart missed a beat or two.
    Once i removed the phone from the salty water it begans to make strange noises similar to a Z10 in a hot fry pan. I knew it was over. So my wife and i headed to Hamilton for the nearest cell dealer and i bought another brand new (Unlocked) Z10. (980.00$ us, Ouch! ) Things begans to be interesting for me when i noticed my new unit was different from the one i scrapped.
    Internal like the Micro SD and battery slot were not at the same place. Even the OS seems to be more responsive while indexing 16 gigs of data from my newly inserted sd card. My ''old'' unit did nothing at all when the recharge was completed. Now i have a beautiful blinking green light when ready!

My Canadian Z10 used to be laggy when it was time to switch from portrait to landscape mode. Now, theres no wait.

Anyway, for the hardware part and the slight differences in the OS behaviour, im pretty sure im right.

For the rest, seeing my first BB10 reaching the bottom of the ocean like Leonardo Di Caprio did in Titanic, probably caused me a final mental illness.
    Hope Im gonna survive the trauma and live a long life with my new Bermudian Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:21 PM
    i thought it was same model.......why is the hardware difrnt....
    04-10-13 05:23 PM
    I'm sorry this happened - yikes. Kind of weird that the hardware is different??

But uhm, I just have to ask...why did you have the phone near the sea?
    04-10-13 05:25 PM
    Check the box to see where it was made. Mine was made it Mexico

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    04-10-13 05:25 PM
    geez $950 for a z10?

Why didn't you just go back to your carrier and buy it outright for $599?
    04-10-13 05:35 PM
    I hope it works for you back home. Sounds like you got a different model which means you might not get 4G...

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:38 PM
    It is the same model, but with obvious change in the conception. Hope somebody's able to explain why BlackBerry ship Z10 units with so much variations.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:43 PM
    Different radio frequencies, carrier requirements, etc.
    04-10-13 05:49 PM
    Because i need a phone wherever i am. I own a computer business, my staff and my costumers must join me anytime.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:04 PM
    I'm sorry this happened - yikes. Kind of weird that the hardware is different??

But uhm, I just have to ask...why did you have the phone near the sea?
    Im in vacation, my phone is always with me for business purposes. If i could rewrite history, my old Z10 will still be in my pocket, either the 980.00$ i flamed on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:10 PM
    How do you have a green light? I don't have one and mine is Canadian. Are you sure you didn't buy a fake with z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:45 PM
    It is the same model, but with obvious change in the conception. Hope somebody's able to explain why BlackBerry ship Z10 units with so much variations.
    Sounds like you just bought the STL 100-1 with the Texas Instruments OMAP instead of the Qualcomm SnapDragon processor. If this is the case, you won't get 4G LTE back in Canada. However, it should support HSPA+ so this might not be a big deal. Also, the TI processor is actually slower than Qualcomm's.
    04-10-13 08:06 PM
    How do you have a green light? I don't have one and mine is Canadian. Are you sure you didn't buy a fake with z10?

Posted via CB10
    When a phone is off and charged completely, it flashes green.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:28 PM
    Sounds like you just bought the STL 100-1 with the Texas Instruments OMAP instead of the Qualcomm SnapDragon processor. If this is the case, you won't get 4G LTE back in Canada. However, it should support HSPA+ so this might not be a big deal. Also, the TI processor is actually slower than Qualcomm's.
    Yep. What he said.......
    It's the STL100-1
    04-10-13 08:40 PM
    Why not return it to where you purchased and just get a cheap basic phone for now? Clients and staff can still call you.

Then when back in Canada - grab a proper replacement (new CPU) for half the cost.....

Cheers
    04-10-13 09:53 PM