As an American, it felt good walking into a Rogers store on my day off and not seeing one trace of an iPhone or its stupid signage... It felt good seeing both z10's prominently featured and the signage and carrier support signage promoting it... I for one am all for diversity as one phone will not soot everyone's needs... But its clearly an apple bias in the United States and it sucks..

It felt good riding the ferry to Victoria and seeing everything from the bold 9900 to the curve to the playbook all throughout the ferry...

Now that that is out of the way, I used my z10 today with my newly acquired rogers pay as you go sim and loaded up a google map of Victoria BC, turned off data and was able to use the GPS still to get around and roam around.. my iphone nor my android has ever been able to do that without having wifi on and even then wasnt as accurate as my blackberry was... granted I havent used the iphone since my iPhone 4 so im sure its better but yes my 1st international usage of my z10 has been flawless so far.... still have 3 more weeks in Canada and we go to some pretty remote places so lets see if its up to it...

PS.. if you happen to catch a Motley Crue show in your city, chances are youll see me roaming around working...

feel free to give me things to do in your cities.... 24bf9c04

PS2: All you trolls and blackberry 10 bashers.. yall are crazy, this phone s seriously awesome
    04-21-13 10:21 PM
    Awesome! And yes our country is the best! Haha USA is 2nd best have fun! you coming to Winnipeg?

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-21-13 10:24 PM
    Awesome! And yes our country is the best! Haha USA is 2nd best have fun! you coming to Winnipeg?

Posted via CB10
    Actually my country is the first best because we are more awesome because we are bigger...lol And we also have places where the trees never die and its hot all the time, like where I live.. And we have disney world.. However, yall do have vancouver and toronto which I love very much, but I had to buy a jacket today, so that like a minus point.. haha
    In Conclusion, we should just form one mega country and combine our awesomeness so I can stop having to do border crossings, those suck...

And we do go to winnipeg but no day off there..
    04-21-13 10:31 PM
    Lol! It would be nice at the borders ill agree to that. Hopefully it's nice weather when your out here. We're at below averga r temperatures right now unfortunately usually already double digits but so much for that. Have fun!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:36 PM
    Actually my country is the first best because we are more awesome because we are bigger...lol And we also have places where the trees never die and its hot all the time, like where I live.. And we have disney world.. However, yall do have vancouver and toronto which I love very much, but I had to buy a jacket today, so that like a minus point.. haha
    In Conclusion, we should just form one mega country and combine our awesomeness so I can stop having to do border crossings, those suck...

And we do go to winnipeg but no day off there..
    Love your first post OP. And not to Troll you, but Canada is much larger then the States are(By land mass)... Also Canada is way better.
    habs_fan, SDTRMG and adjdudley21 like this.
    04-21-13 10:43 PM
    Right on dude enjoy your stay and your zed 10 until it turns into a zee 10. Canada is a great country! So is the USA I usually cross the border a few times a year to hit up Burlington coat factory. Canadians love that store! Right on, eh.

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-21-13 10:51 PM
    Great to hear that Canada still loves rim out west if only Ottawa would give it the same love

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-21-13 11:00 PM
    Love your first post OP. And not to Troll you, but Canada is much larger then the States are(By land mass)... Also Canada is way better.
    Not in Useable land and population.... #checkplease hahaha
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-21-13 11:00 PM
    Welcome to BC and hope you enjoy your visit. Looks like the weather may warm up a bit and be more to your liking. Winter is dragging on a bit however I think we had less rain than usual on the coast so my layer of moss is thinner....
    04-21-13 11:30 PM
    Great post. As a Canadian glad to see a great company like BB still getting wonderful support! I've heard many American carriers doing a poor job promoting this wonderful device. I do believe it's only because it's a BB. If the Z10 was made by Apple it would be the top selling phone by now in the states. Apple makes great phones, but the Z10 deserves more respect from a lot of Apple biases. Just put the 10 in your hands and it just feels right. Have a great Trip, enjoy your Zee10, and I'll enjoy my Zed10, cheers!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-21-13 11:30 PM
    The OP's post made me want to visit Canada even more. I think I'd probably freeze to death because if it's 60 degrees Fahrenheit, it's officially a cold day for me in Southern California, but it must be kind of cool to see a lot of BlackBerrys around. I was at an Indy Car race in Long Beach this whole weekend, and everywhere I looked people were on their iPhones. It kind of drove me crazy on the inside, but then I realized I seriously should not care.

Sitting in the stands next to a bunch of people, I did notice some people looking at my phone, probably confused as to why a BlackBerry touch screen phone looks so phucking bada$S. And then, while in a hotel bar afterwards, I saw my first BlackBerry Z10 tv commercial! It was one that mentioned Best Buy at the end..it just felt good to see.

I wish America would reawaken as to how awesome BlackBerry is.
    04-22-13 12:07 AM
    Not in Useable land and population.... #checkplease hahaha
    Population and usable land does not mean it's bigger bro, check your text books. World largest countries by land mass go:
    1)Russia
    2)Canada
    3)USA

Your argument that the states is "bigger" is moot.
    04-22-13 12:26 AM
    OMG, are people still arguing over "mine is bigger than yours?"

It's not about size, it's about how you use it, kids.
    der_mit likes this.
    04-22-13 12:28 AM
    Good post OP, I think many Americans would be surprised at the presence blackberry still has in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:32 AM
    OMG, are people still arguing over "mine is bigger than yours?"

It's not about size, it's about how you use it, kids.
    The world turns on the idea of "mine is bigger then yours" lol. When I see someone trying to pass off fiction as fact, especially since I'm a proud Canadian, I have to point it out that they are in fact wrong.

And lets be serious if your a BlackBerry lover, Canada is 17x better then the states just because we had 2 awesome dudes who were smart enough to come up with the idea of, BlackBerry. And that is something we can all agree on
    captafg likes this.
    04-22-13 12:34 AM
    Yep, we've got lots of z10 advertising. I haven't seen too many in person yet, but I don't get the same sense of outright dismissal that some Americans have mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:30 AM
    Typical American, always thinking they're the best and biggest... *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:24 PM
    My GF is going to the MC concert in Van City she is out in Nanaimo visiting her family.
    04-22-13 04:40 PM
    See you in Saskatoon... You should have a good time in our city.. There are lots of "girls girls girls" and if you want join me for a smoke in the boys room at the show.. 4th Cr�e show and every time I see them I'm pumped.. Cheers
    04-22-13 05:28 PM
    loaded up a google map of Victoria BC, turned off data and was able to use the GPS still to get around and roam around................my android has ever been able to do that without having wifi on and even then wasnt as accurate as my blackberry was
    can you elaborate on this? you're saying sideloaded google maps works better than native on android? not trying to troll but i'm genuinely curious.
    04-22-13 05:32 PM
    My GF is going to the MC concert in Van City she is out in Nanaimo visiting her family.
    Yay Nanaimo!
    04-22-13 05:35 PM
    Great post. As a Canadian glad to see a great company like BB still getting wonderful support! I've heard many American carriers doing a poor job promoting this wonderful device. I do believe it's only because it's a BB. If the Z10 was made by Apple it would be the top selling phone by now in the states. Apple makes great phones, but the Z10 deserves more respect from a lot of Apple biases. Just put the 10 in your hands and it just feels right. Have a great Trip, enjoy your Zee10, and I'll enjoy my Zed10, cheers!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:13 PM
    Population and usable land does not mean it's bigger bro, check your text books. World largest countries by land mass go:
    1)Russia
    2)Canada
    3)USA

Your argument that the states is "bigger" is moot.
    Well well well, considering I was talking about the US and CANADA.... Russia is irrelevant... And By bigger I was not talking land mass, I was talking about usable land.... And you have to count the usable land because have the damn country is water and frozen.. cant even go there...lol anyways it was lighthearted fun goodness man... You're defending Canada like somebody was dissing it.. but I'm not wrong in what I said.. .Counting usable land
    04-24-13 11:37 AM
    Typical American, always thinking they're the best and biggest... *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    I mean I'm atypical American, I get around.. I have a world perspective... andddd I know 2 languages... most americans couldn't string together 2 sentences in a different language..haha
    04-24-13 11:38 AM
    The world turns on the idea of "mine is bigger then yours" lol. When I see someone trying to pass off fiction as fact, especially since I'm a proud Canadian, I have to point it out that they are in fact wrong.

And lets be serious if your a BlackBerry lover, Canada is 17x better then the states just because we had 2 awesome dudes who were smart enough to come up with the idea of, BlackBerry. And that is something we can all agree on
    I thank those two guys for there initial innovation, and at the end.. I thank them for their lack of innovation because that makes my z10 that much more exciting
    04-24-13 11:39 AM
27 12