So when you get on the phone with a business these days, you get the "this conversation will be recorded for training purposes" BS. So I am wondering, could you also record the conversation you are having on your Z10 so you would have "training" materials.
    12-04-13 08:09 AM
    Look in BlackBerry World. There is an app called Call Recorder. But as far as I know it has to be on speakerphone to work.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:35 AM
    So when you get on the phone with a business these days, you get the "this conversation will be recorded for training purposes" BS. So I am wondering, could you also record the conversation you are having on your Z10 so you would have "training" materials.
    Not for nothing, but you may want to check the laws/regs about this in your jurisdiction... Not every jurisdiction allows you to record people and in some you can but you have to let them know/have their permission to do so ahead of time.
    12-04-13 08:37 AM
    Not for nothing, but you may want to check the laws/regs about this in your jurisdiction... Not every jurisdiction allows you to record people and in some you can but you have to let them know/have their permission to do so ahead of time.
    Law are meant to be broken…. Record away…lol
    12-04-13 08:44 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=877863

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 10:14 AM
    Well I look at it this way : Laws or not, fact is almost every time you call anywhere for a support or ordering something and you get that rundown about blah..may be recorded for training...blah, it never ever mentions anything about it being lawful or not. Not to mention that you as a caller don't even know what state that place is in anyway. And on top of it, it is an info that you're given, not a question to obtain your consent.
    So why on earth should I care??? It is always the little man that seems to be exempt from everything, isn't it?
    I do this just for fun anyway. Every time I speak to someone on the phone I don't know, I give the the blah, blah recording rundown, even though I don't. Because I can, and it is fun LOL

Posted via CB10
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-04-13 10:19 AM
    Well I look at it this way : Laws or not, fact is almost every time you call anywhere for a support or ordering something and you get that rundown about blah..may be recorded for training...blah, it never ever mentions anything about it being lawful or not. Not to mention that you as a caller don't even know what state that place is in anyway. And on top of it, it is an info that you're given, not a question to obtain your consent.
    So why on earth should I care??? It is always the little man that seems to be exempt from everything, isn't it?
    I do this just for fun anyway. Every time I speak to someone on the phone I don't know, I give the the blah, blah recording rundown, even though I don't. Because I can, and it is fun LOL

Posted via CB10
    Oh, by all means.. record away. Just saying that some places take it more seriously than others. Can't imagine anyone going after a 'little guy' but might be interesting to see what the response from a large organizations' CSR is to being notified that similar to them, you are recording the call for training purposes, etc..
    FF22 likes this.
    12-04-13 02:20 PM
    Oh, by all means.. record away. Just saying that some places take it more seriously than others. Can't imagine anyone going after a 'little guy' but might be interesting to see what the response from a large organizations' CSR is to being notified that similar to them, you are recording the call for training purposes, etc..
    LOL I have done it with "bone collectors". Takes their aggression right out. Because they did not expect that. LOL

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:24 PM