This is a very annoying problem that we must get through to Blackberry (unless I am missing something on how to do this). When I am already into a chat (say googletalk or BBM), I DO NOT want the notification for that chat to keep on arriving after every message that is exchanged! Not only is it annoying, it is also disturbing for people around! It is a pain to manually go to silent mode whenever you start a chat to stop this notification overload!

Android handles this extremely well for googletalk, wherein if you are in a chat, it does not trigger notifications for that chat unless you are in another window. This should really not be something difficult to implement and Blackberry must do this I feel. Otherwise, the chat function become an annoyance, rather than a pleasure, which it otherwise is given the fantastic responsiveness and keyboard of the BB10 platform and the Z10.

Please let me know if there is a way to achieve this, and if not, let us get in enough voices so that BB implements this feature (at least as an option) in an update. All that is needed is a notification when you are not in the chat window. Getting notifications for the chat you are already in is plain stupid and annoying (especially if you need to have vibrations on, lest you miss important people pinging you)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-13 09:32 AM
    I agree. Possibly with the next update... but I doubt it

Posted via CB10
    dilseayan likes this.
    04-24-13 10:28 AM