I used to be able to save my emails in my BB 9930. Is this option gone with the Z10? Is there a way to attach or share an email with the Remember App?
    03-29-13 11:48 PM
    yep, you can add it to Remember, just flag the email! (The email will then appear in the unfiled folder in Remember).
    nathan62969 and mister_turtle like this.
    03-29-13 11:57 PM
    You're right! Thank you !
    03-29-13 11:59 PM
    But will it stay flagged and in remember past the 30 day sync window?

Sent from my Z10
    03-30-13 12:57 AM

Sent from my Z10
    no. remove the email account and they disappear too.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    03-30-13 03:21 AM
    I have tweeted an improvement request to this area. Create Task, add to reminder, make it easier to create tasks from the over flow menu which opens remember and automatically attaching the email. At the moment you flag, close hub, app tray, remember, find the flagged email then you can create a reminder etc.

So much for flow...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:28 AM

Sent from my Z10
    Unfortunately not. The reminder in Remember will persist after the 30 days but the link to the email will become invalid. Software flaw.
    03-30-13 03:29 AM
    You can copy the email and share it to remember but you will only get the text. I'm hoping they add a way to share the entire email to remember without manually doing copy/paste and not actually archiving the email.

I think BlackBerry went a little to far to meet what the competition had and lost some good features in the process. Hopefully they bring them back like they are outlook sync.

Sent from my Z10
    03-30-13 03:38 AM
    I really hope they fix this. I plan to leave iPhone and the GTD app Omnifocus for Q10 and Evernote app.

To have a "Remember" app that forgets after 30 days is crappy.
    03-30-13 03:42 AM
    I really hope they fix this. I plan to leave iPhone and the GTD app Omnifocus for Q10 and Evernote app.

To have a "Remember" app that forgets after 30 days is crappy.
    Long time iOS and Omnifocus user here. Actually still have it on my iPad mini. If you are an OF power user - one of these guys with custom apple scripts and having a real lot of projects organised with multiple levels of nested tasks and such - then you should know that Remember is no match for OF by any means.

In comparison it is fairly basic. You can create folders and put a reminder into them but you can not set too many variables, I think you can not nest deeper than one level (a task in a folder) and you can not do all the fancy stuff that OF can do. Plus - and this is really annoying - if you mark a task as completed in Remember it gets not hidden but pushed to the end of the list below a line that indicates the end of active and beginning of completed tasks. BUT it does not reduce the count of tasks in a given folder! Unless I did not notice a setting for this but I actually didn't see any. This means that, for example, one of my folders now has a badge indicating 28 tasks in it. Only 6 of these are active though, the rest has been completed weeks ago. That is fairly annoying if you want to use it to keep an overview of folders/areas in which there are still ACTIVE tasks left.

This is not to say yo should not get a Z10, Remember will hopefully improve, I guess. Ad the phone itself is better than the iPhone I think. But beware, you will not find OF-like functionality here just yet.
    03-30-13 03:51 AM
    It's gradually dawning on me that I might end up with a mad professor rig like yours.

BB phone + iPad mini.

BB 10 for blitzing out the coms. iPad mini for Omnifocus / banking + other vital apps etc.

Or skip my Evernote GTD hopes altogether (I (haven't got very far, I have just been experimenting these last few weeks in advance of a BB10 OS device purchase) and use some other BB GTD system.

Despite it looking totally awful, I was a little sad to leave behind my BB REX To Do Matrix and REX idea Matrix apps when I moved to iPhone for Omnifocus 3 or so years ago.

I really don't use all of Omnifocus. It's over featured for my requirements and TBH I dislike it's complexity.

Perhaps some other system might suit me better...?

But I am a Mac guy. So that might limit things.

However, I understand the iPad Omnifocus has its fans in raptures over its wonderfulness. So perhaps I should wise up and join that party. (Just using iPhone and MBAir at present)

Thanks for your wise overview I really appreciate it.

Any other Omni-a-Holics please chime in.
    03-30-13 04:17 AM
    I agree that OF is overblown. But since one can as well use just some of its features I think that's alright. Sadly such is not really available for Wndows. I recently switched back from mac to Wndows 8 for compatibility reasons and while outlook is ok, it's not really great for tasks.

I have done a little research on GTD for BB and I think some vendors are in the process of developing for the new platform 10. What is on the market right now is not satisfactory though.

I have come to think that the setup of having the BB for mail, calendar, contacts and calls plus the iPad mini for tasks and documents on the go as well as writing longer emails and such plus the Lenovo x1 carbon for a real notebook and serious work is a good one. If you are a mac person it should be even easier for you since you don't have to factor in windows.

That all being said, Remember is OK for simply keeping an overview of your tasks. Being able to flag an email that then automatically goes into Remember is one of the features I bought the Z10 for. I think that once they fix the 30 day limitation it will be a good system actually. That and some setting to only display active tasks on the folder.
    03-30-13 05:07 AM
    Long time iOS and Omnifocus user here. Actually still have it on my iPad mini. If you are an OF power user - one of these guys with custom apple scripts and having a real lot of projects organised with multiple levels of nested tasks and such - then you should know that Remember is no match for OF by any means.

In comparison it is fairly basic. You can create folders and put a reminder into them but you can not set too many variables, I think you can not nest deeper than one level (a task in a folder) and you can not do all the fancy stuff that OF can do. Plus - and this is really annoying - if you mark a task as completed in Remember it gets not hidden but pushed to the end of the list below a line that indicates the end of active and beginning of completed tasks. BUT it does not reduce the count of tasks in a given folder! Unless I did not notice a setting for this but I actually didn't see any. This means that, for example, one of my folders now has a badge indicating 28 tasks in it. Only 6 of these are active though, the rest has been completed weeks ago. That is fairly annoying if you want to use it to keep an overview of folders/areas in which there are still ACTIVE tasks left.

This is not to say yo should not get a Z10, Remember will hopefully improve, I guess. Ad the phone itself is better than the iPhone I think. But beware, you will not find OF-like functionality here just yet.
    What's OF? Oh Fu##ck?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:14 AM
    P. much. OF is the abbreviation for the software Omnifocus which I mentioned in the first sentence of the post you quoted. It's a Mac/iOS task application and one of the best there.
    03-30-13 05:17 AM
    Thanks K00na.

Lets keep in touch via tho thread or PM

My view is GTD on my iPhone OF is a two step process / kludge. I don't want to move to another half integrated system.

Whatever it is I will need to clip emails from Mac mail while on my laptop.
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 03-30-13 at 05:58 AM.
    03-30-13 05:46 AM
    yes, I must complain; I have a bold 9700; and the old BB7 system had so many nice features; vastly superior to apple OS. the new BB10 OS is too much like apple OS; too many features lost...
    I can't save emails anymore; no auto on or auto off feature....

they need to add back those wonderful features.
    this pushes me back to using my pc to save important emails....

also, I flag emails; then it seems they disappear. and it only shows 3 days worth of emails...

I'm starting to think I need to return the phone and go back to my blackberry bold 9700.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    04-09-13 08:55 AM
    I use a few methods to accomplish saving emails

1 - Email to Evernote account and it is saved in Remember account until deleted
    2 - Copy/Paste critical info out of email and into a note in Remember
    3 - Print email as PDF and save to Evernote
    04-09-13 09:11 AM
    I am a GTD stickler with a firm "inbox zero" policy. I have to use Outlook at work, but Gmail and BB10's BB Balance system provide a good way to keep connected. My brain is basically on Evernote, and I've had to make a few adjustments since getting the z10, but I've finally figured it out, and this is the system I use:
    • Flag gmail items to send to Remember; assign to folder from there.
    • Remember now uses RTF functions like bold, so it's replaced my sideloaded Android Evernote
    • Dating things in Remember allows you to keep things past the default 30 day time frame.
    • I use the Trello app for project management, which also works on my Playbook; Trello allows multiple levels of tasks and dates
    • Only annoying thing is that my original tags from Evernote didn't sync to Remember at first, but it's no big deal.

Overall, it's all good. The Z10 also works well with my Playbook, which I use at work basically like many people use an iPad - no BB10 upgrade is no problem, as I already have tons of apps (including Trello and Evernote) and sideloading Android apps like Flipboard is no problem.
    07-09-13 04:12 PM
    I'm confused.

I just save my email using the "file" feature. Why has no one mentioned that? It makes me think I'm doing something wrong!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:27 PM
    no. remove the email account and they disappear too.
    This is very cool. Is there a WY to set the folder that my flagged emails go into?
    07-31-13 11:12 AM
    I'm confused.

I just save my email using the "file" feature. Why has no one mentioned that? It makes me think I'm doing something wrong!

Posted via CB10
    Better check the dates on your filed emails! I thought they would be saved, but they disappear after 30 days. Yahoo on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:46 PM
    yep, you can add it to Remember, just flag the email! (The email will then appear in the unfiled folder in Remember).
    Cool, that works. Thanks didn't know about that feature!
    07-31-13 08:16 PM
    Better check the dates on your filed emails! I thought they would be saved, but they disappear after 30 days. Yahoo on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a file option in my email...gmail. The flag feature to Remember is very cool.
    07-31-13 08:24 PM
    Helpful tips but I just want to flag my email with a due date/time and reminder. BlackBerry is always touted as the best for email but they have removed this major email feature. And Rembemeber doesn't let you set reminders. So frustrating.
    08-15-13 07:23 AM
    Has the issue of emails flagged to Remember being removed after 30 days been fixed yet?

Also, flagging an email to Remember creates a Task. Is there a way for this procedure to create a Note instead?
    01-15-15 12:38 PM
26 12