Long time BlackBerry fan here. BUT the other day my son and I popped into starbux for a coffee. As I reached for my wallet, he reached over his iPhone 5 to the lady. She scanned it and we were done. So my this about that, is that I sure hope some companies come up with that for the Z10. I'd love to pay for everything in my life that way!

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:04 PM
    Blackberry and a few androids have NearFieldCommunication function, not iphone.

Although it could had been something as simple as a barcode coupon online that she scanned, and in that case anything with a screen can do that
    04-21-13 02:17 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 has NFC, but you just need an app that integrates with it now.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-21-13 02:19 PM
    Yes what the iOS has is the passbook application which holds the Starbucks card barcode in there so it's a simple scan

You can actually make payments with blackberry devices and android devices using NFC and the respective application that allows that example CIBC and Rogers suretap system for NFC payments

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:22 PM
    Just demonstrates it neatly, latest technology is fun but jot always practical. Retails have bar code scanners already, they don't have nfc unless their pdq provider (for which the retailer has to pay) provides it.

Practical implementation is what makes a device, not the latest bit of off the shelf tech.

I really like my z10 in the last few months but as the novelty is wearing off the basics need to be good. Luckily it has call quality and battery life but otherwise hmm I'm tempted to go back.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:28 PM
    http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...89&Date=031513

This also has some good info within.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-21-13 03:01 PM
    Yes what the iOS has is the passbook application which holds the Starbucks card barcode in there so it's a simple scan

You can actually make payments with blackberry devices and android devices using NFC and the respective application that allows that example CIBC and Rogers suretap system for NFC payments

Posted via CB10
    I have only seen the CIBC banking app, nothing else for the zed.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, it sure is the way the world is going. I can imagine my smartphone being my payment card. Now that's the way to live.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:05 PM
    I have only seen the CIBC banking app, nothing else for the zed.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    It's available on the 9900 and certain android devices Z10 is coming soon however you need a NFC capable phone and a NFC Sim card

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:07 PM
    04-21-13 11:07 PM
    It's available on the 9900 and certain android devices Z10 is coming soon however you need a NFC capable phone and a NFC Sim card

Posted via CB10
    Cool thanks. Yes I have NFC. I'll look forward to those coming for the Z10. In the house we use it ti transfer files. Z10 was my first exposure to it. Works great.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:10 PM
    From Interac.ca site.

First INTERAC Flash
    04-21-13 11:16 PM
    I read about this and completely forgot lol

Posted via CB10

Edit: the difference is though suretap is credit payment and the rbc method is debit/interac
    04-21-13 11:20 PM
    Appreciate all the good information. Thanks to all Responders.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:58 AM