My business partner had some text messages sent to him on his Z10 that implicated one of our employees with some incriminating statements. We were going to use these texts against her to bolster our case for termination. That was yesterday. Today, the text messages are gone! He NEVER deletes ANYTHING. Is it possible for the "sender" to delete texts on HIS phone from THEIR end? Or are they gone forever? Has anyone seen this with the Z10? My Z10 has ALL texts since the day we bought them.
    Thanks!
    06-08-13 09:25 AM
    It isn't possible for someone to delete something thats not on their device. So no the sender couldn't delete the message. However if you guys use BES, it is possible that way for someone to access the device and delete the texts. Otherwise there is no way for a message to erase itself either or just disappear, something definitely happened.
    06-08-13 09:46 AM
    You are not alone. I have had the same to occur as well. I have had a several issues with my z10 and opened a ticket and included this issue as well. Unfortunately, they did not have a solution for this issue.

Do you know if a backup was performed while the messages were still on th phone? If so, perhaps you can restore the messages???
    06-08-13 10:59 AM
    Thanks, Kris. Definitely no BES. We're just a small lab.
    kankan8- Interesting info. If it's a known bug, it must be pretty rare, 'cause Kris hasn't even heard of it. But we are in the same boat as you. We usually only back up every few weeks or so, so no back up.
    Thanks.
    Gary
    06-08-13 03:12 PM
    I'm running into the same issue too. My SMS text messages were lagging so I tried rebooting. Now most of my txt messages are blank and when I try to text those friends, nothing is showing at all on the chat screen. They are getting my text, but nothing on my end. With others, I have no problems. This is strange indeed =/

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 03:17 PM
    I would suggest each if you to individually head over to blackberries support site and open a ticket for this. If it's not a common known issue but happens, good to let them know

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 03:19 PM