I guess there's no need to explain the reason for this post...
    garrett1972 likes this.
    10-07-13 01:28 PM
    Battery life being what it is on the Z10, I can't imagine many users making use of that..

Even so, it would be kind of cool to have it as an option when plugged in to power, I guess...
    10-07-13 01:53 PM
    I think I read that the option would be coming soon, along with auto dimming.
    Gran PC likes this.
    10-07-13 01:57 PM
    Using the Maps when you really need them or reading larger posts could really make use of that option since there has always been a solution at least with 3rd party apps.
    10-07-13 02:12 PM
    I think I read that the option would be coming soon, along with auto dimming.
    It already auto dims based on how bright the surrounding is.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:20 PM
    Not completely true. You can't set it to longer than 5 mins, but lots of apps can keep it on for longer (video apps for example) using the option "allow apps to extend password lock time ".. which for some reason is in the device password section.. but it the description of the option specifically says to prevent interruptions while watching a video (which would imply the screen won't blank)
    10-07-13 02:26 PM
    I believe some apps selectively extend that time. My GPS apps, Youtube, Crackle are such.
    10-07-13 02:33 PM
    That is normal and is the Max on the iPhone as well. Certain apps can keep the screen on, the stock map app will prevent the screen from shutting off as will the browser while a video. Not sure what other apps do it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:53 PM
    I can't think of any reason why it would be neccessary to allow a user to have a screen on longer than 5 minutes straight without user interaction, that can't already be better controlled through an app itself. Even if plugged in. Even if you're reading a very long email or ebook page, or something, you're using your digits on the screen.
    i_hiker likes this.
    10-07-13 03:01 PM
    BB maps or Google maps don't prevent the screen from shutting down and that's a big and silly problem for me. Can't believe there are no 3rd party apps that enable that option either. A simple on/off in these apps' options would be sufficient, but it seems it is still not that big a problem to be addressed.
    10-07-13 03:04 PM
    BB maps or Google maps don't prevent the screen from shutting down and that's a big and silly problem for me. Can't believe there are no 3rd party apps that enable that option either. A simple on/off in these apps' options would be sufficient, but it seems it is still not that big a problem to be addressed.
    BlackBerry maps keeps the screen on. So does watching a video. And I'm not sure but I think bedside mode as well keeps the display lit up.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1761
    10-07-13 03:19 PM
    Did you enable the option..
    10-07-13 03:53 PM
    Once you enable the permission for specific apps (settings /security and privacy /device password) it should work with applications like video and maps... It won't work with most apps though and it doesn't work with bedside mode unless it's plugged in...

From the Z...
    10-07-13 03:54 PM
    Are you trying to kill the battery? What is your reason to leave it on?

Trusted Member Genius
    10-07-13 04:05 PM
    Google Navigation (sideloaded) keeps my screen on.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:06 PM
    Even with enabled permission for specific apps, backlight turns off after 20 sec. BB maps or Google maps (sideloaded) whatsoever. I guess the permission aplies only to not locking the phone, but not for leaving the backlight on.

And if leaving the backlight on for 15-20 minutes would kill the battery then I think all the Z10 owners would have much bigger problems than just trying to keep BB maps on

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1767
    10-07-13 04:24 PM
    Could you try out the video player and see if it's working there..? If it does then something is wrong with your BlackBerry Maps.. If it doesn't then your software has a bug somewhere, because it should work in at least those two apps...

From the Z...
    10-07-13 04:29 PM
    My BlackBerry maps keep the screen on.

AT&T Z10
    10-07-13 04:33 PM
    BlackBerry maps keeps the screen on. So does watching a video. And I'm not sure but I think bedside mode as well keeps the display lit up.

Bedside mode off charger does not keep it on.

AT&T Z10
    10-07-13 04:33 PM
    I believe Battery Guru has this function specifically to kill the battery for full/new cycle charges.
    Other apps like Secure Anti-Virus Pro also have it so the scan process can be determined at all times.
    Also, it runs faster/better when fully maximized and in the foreground.

When running minimized or in an active frame it continues to work, but slows down to allow other processes.
    10-07-13 04:35 PM

Trusted Member Genius
    I would like the option to leave it on while plugged into a power source. I have a number of reasons for this.
    My laptop has different power saving settings for while running on battery, and while plugged in. I would like to see separate settings for while on battery, and while plugged in for my Z10.
    10-07-13 04:48 PM
    I would like the option to leave it on while plugged into a power source. I have a number of reasons for this.
    My laptop has different power saving settings for while running on battery, and while plugged in. I would like to see separate settings for while on battery, and while plugged in for my Z10.
    Agreed.. I don't know why beside mode disables when you minimize the clock :/
    10-07-13 06:41 PM
    Bedside mode off charger does not keep it on.

AT&T Z10
    I meant on the charger. Sorry.

10-07-13 06:45 PM
    That's one thing I missed from pre BB10 was the ability to keep display on while plugged in.

Maps and Neutron keeps the display on when in use.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:40 AM
    Even with enabled permission for specific apps, backlight turns off after 20 sec. BB maps or Google maps (sideloaded) whatsoever.
    Check the Bluetooth setting for your vehicle's connection. Disable "My Car" and see if that fixes it.
    10-08-13 08:38 AM
29 12