Hi a have BB data plan 3g unlimited from ATT , and i wanna buy the Z10, ATT tell me z10 only work whit 4g if a wanna the z10 i have to change the plan!

i was thinking to buy the z10 from Claro because i think i will work whit my plan on EDGE ???
    04-03-13 06:09 PM
    Surely you just wouldn't get 4G as your sim plan doesn't support it? That's the way I see it, I'm not sure though.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:12 PM
    Z10 doesn't only use 4G LTE. So that shouldn't be an issue. Maybe talk with another rep? Or you can try to ask for the 4G unlimited plan since you're grandfathered, I read people had this.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:39 PM
    Z10 has options for network. Your phone will auto detect and allow a rate lower than the set option. Of course, it will not give you higher than the set option.

Simple answer to your question, yes you can use 3G plan (or 2G, or EDGE) on Z10.
    IMO, 4G is far superior for internet related apps, you should consider upgrading your plan.
    04-03-13 07:44 PM
    Maybe it's just me and I'm with roger, but they don't change you by what speed you want.

What sets your speed is the phone you have and the SIM you have. All of which you can purchase.

Maybe the plan is just called "3g Data", but I think if you buy an LTE abled phone with a new SIM, you are going to get LTE.

With Rogers, I didn't have to pay extra or notify them that I am now using an LTE phone with a SIM that can enabled LTE.
    04-03-13 07:55 PM
    Maybe it's just me and I'm with roger, but they don't change you by what speed you want.

What sets your speed is the phone you have and the SIM you have. All of which you can purchase.

Maybe the plan is just called "3g Data", but I think if you buy an LTE abled phone with a new SIM, you are going to get LTE.

With Rogers, I didn't have to pay extra or notify them that I am now using an LTE phone with a SIM that can enabled LTE.
    OP sounds like he is worried about losing unlimited data with AT&T

They don't have to pay extra but just needs to make sure the right changes are made in the system.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:41 PM
    On AT&T you can change your unlimited data to an unlimited lte plan for the same price
    04-03-13 08:56 PM
    As the poster above said, you can keep your unlimited plan and upgrade to a 4g plan. You will probably have to swap to a new micro sim anyway so you might as well get the 4g version
    04-03-13 09:12 PM