Some help would be much appreciated.

So I currently have an old BB bold, with my employer on a company plan. Our plan consists of BES data? Which is apparently different from PDA data (which iphones, 3g, etc. uses). I have tried putting my sim card in another phone that wasn't a BB and it did not work because it used "PDA" data. My question is, does the Blackberry Z10 run on BES data, PDA data, or both? I would like the new z10 but am not sure if it will work with my plan. Someone has told me it only uses PDA data, and I just wanted to confirm or get another opinion.

Thanks for your help!
    02-11-13 11:20 PM
    I have the same issue. Rogers dealer was unable to confirm. My work is installing Fusion, but I am using Active Synch with BES on my account. I also noticed huge data usage spike since I got mine last week.
    02-11-13 11:23 PM
    The Z10 will use BES. You will get all the push and data compression you are used to.

People like me who are on BIS will lose the BIS benefits. Only BBM will use BIS, I think that's how it goes.

There have been other posts on this and I think it was a featured article on CrackBerry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 12:50 AM
    D1122, welcome to CrackBerry!

To add to (not supplant) what the previous posters said, also keep in mind that your carrier is the entity that determines what devices will work with your BES plan. Unfortunately, carriers have been providing bad or inconsistent information regarding which BlackBerry plans are required or optional and which ones simply will and will not work. This is the case because BES (and other data services) on BlackBerry 10 devices work completely differently from both BIS and BES on legacy BlackBerry devices running Handheld Software 7.x and lower.

Can you tell us which carrier you're on?

PS: Thanks for considering a BlackBerry Z10 device.
    02-12-13 12:56 AM
    Yes, I am with Bell, in Canada.
    02-12-13 07:24 AM
    Yes, I am with Bell, in Canada.
    From other posters, it sounds like you need to keep a BlackBerry plan on Bell.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 07:52 AM
    I have a android plan running on my z10 as I just sold my Samsung galaxy s3 the other day and picked this awesome z10, just see my signature.

U can use a android plan with BlackBerry and a BlackBerry plan with android, but I phone won't work on android plan, but will work on older bus plan.

Werid I know.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 08:20 AM