I have been a Blackberry user for over ten years. But I have slowly lost my wife and kids to Apple. I'm ready to upgrade my 9900 but now I want to be able to face chat with my kids. Can the Z10 still suit my needs, my younger children have ipod touches and my wife and teen have iphones. I believe in brand loyalty but lately I keep wishing for my playbook and bold to do the things they cant. Someone convince me to stay with Blackberry.
    04-07-13 07:06 PM
    When Skype comes out (supposedly this month), you'll be able to video call them (not facetime, as that is proprietary apple technology, just like BBM video is BB only). Honestly though, if you're looking at using a lot of Skype, go with an iPhone or Android. The Skype coming to the Z10 will be a port and will likely perform very poorly and kill battery life quickly. If you won't use Skype too much, then that might be ok with you.
    04-07-13 07:08 PM
    Um you can easily use Skype on all devices and it's free. But don't ask when it's coming because I did that and people got mad.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 07:09 PM
    No it cannot. If it's a top priority then you'll have to join them on the dark side
    Otherwise, hope for Skype and load it on every device the family owns. Then stay with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Once Skype is released, or using some other cross platform app, sure. Using "Face time ".. no. It's purely an apple thing, in the same sense that they can't BBM video you.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    I wish there were other options for this, like Tango. Any news from it btw? Does somebody know if Tango is coming to BB10? Or maybe ooVoo?
    04-07-13 07:29 PM
    I recall seeing an article that oovoo would be supporting bb10 natively, but no word on its release.

Posted via CB10
    jugoes likes this.
    04-07-13 07:34 PM
    I wish there were other options for this, like Tango. Any news from it btw? Does somebody know if Tango is coming to BB10? Or maybe ooVoo?
    Tango has "planned" on their site for BB10 phones, so it will take a long time to make it (I think they would've marked it "under development" or something if they were actively working on it). The other option is Face Flow, but that only has a BB10 app and a browser client, with the iPhone 5 "coming soon." Viber is launching a native app this month, but Viber is voice only.
    jugoes likes this.
    04-07-13 07:35 PM
    There's another option "Coming Soon". Face Flow is currently available for BB 10, and will be released for iOS and Android. It will offer video chat with multiple users at the same time. This is the one I'm counting on.
    04-07-13 08:36 PM
    When Skype comes out (supposedly this month), you'll be able to video call them (not facetime, as that is proprietary apple technology, just like BBM video is BB only). Honestly though, if you're looking at using a lot of Skype, go with an iPhone or Android. The Skype coming to the Z10 will be a port and will likely perform very poorly and kill battery life quickly. If you won't use Skype too much, then that might be ok with you.
    I was with you until you said this. On what do you base this statement?
    04-07-13 08:43 PM