I am fairly certain that you canNOT watch any of these movies on your pc unless you connect your z10 using some computer hdmi setup to the monitor.
    So what's the 5 device comment for?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:26 PM
    Good question. I can only say that on the Playbook, you could share apps (maybe movies but I don't know) with up to FIVE playbooks that shared the same BBID. Quite a number of folks did have multiple PB's that did share.

Whether having up to five phones sharing a BBID is practical, I don't know. I guess they could be setup differently for email accounts and calendars???
    12-03-13 07:25 PM
    Wow...limiting a movie to one device only is ridiculous, in my opinion. My suggestion would be to find the torrent files for the movies you want using a torrent program like Vuze, and play them on any device you want. Yes, yes...I understand the debate surrounding the legality of torrent files and such, but it is definitely a viable option.
    12-03-13 08:00 PM
    How dumb that I can't get these movies on my PlayBook that has the same BBID! I was hoping to have them on both. With Apple you would be able to download and watch on phone, tablet and PC.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 08:20 PM
    So I moved all movies I download OFF my SD card and onto my NAS drive... I then connected to my NAS drive via file manager thanks to the share I have via BlackBerry Link and I was able to play my purchased movies on my Z10 without them having to be on my Z10.

This helps a lot because now I don't have to keep moving movies around between my NAS drive and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 11:28 PM
    I realize it may be frustrating that you can share the download between phone and watch on your computer screen, but if that is what you want, then you want an apple. If you want to download and watch it on your high definition flat screen TV then you want a Berry that hooks up to the TV with the HDMI cables.
    12-08-13 08:11 PM
    (False advertising) Please read the bottom of this picture:

Can I download movies from my Blackberry Z10 to my PC?-img_00000743.png

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:45 PM
    When you purchase the movies it says you may download the movie on up to 5 devices but no instructions. How do you do it?

Posted via CB10
    I would like to know how to do this as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-08-13 10:17 PM
    So I moved all movies I download OFF my SD card and onto my NAS drive... I then connected to my NAS drive via file manager thanks to the share I have via BlackBerry Link and I was able to play my purchased movies on my Z10 without them having to be on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    That's real nice. Thanks for sharing! I need to get a system like the one you have running with all the movies I'm stockpiling from the 99 cent sale.

12-08-13 10:26 PM
    (False advertising) Please read the bottom of this picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000743.png 
Views:	382 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	228222

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, maybe not. It does not say you can COPY it to up to 5 devices. So, if you have 4 other bb10 devices, you can probably download it again using the same bbid. But you can try contacting BBworld and asking what they mean.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-08-13 11:18 PM
    Could someone tell me how to download my purchased movies to my SD card?
    I purchased a number of them today and am unable to download any because my phone memory is full. Please can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:01 AM
    The movies bought on BlackBerry World come from the same provider on both PB or BB10: Rovi.

When you download the movie you also download a license key, which is stored in the protected part of internal memory.

You can copy the movie around to as many decides as you want but since the key is not available to be moved, the file won't play.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:45 AM

This helps a lot because now I don't have to keep moving movies around between my NAS drive and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    So I guess that the connection between NAS drive, Link and Z10 somehow allowed the movie to access the license key and be played.

Can you try again removing both Link and the Z10 from the equation?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:47 AM
    I purchased a number of them today and am unable to download any because my phone memory is full. Please can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    I think mine just went there. But you probably can move it manually to the sd card either using Window Explorer or using the FileManager.
    12-09-13 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    In BlackBerry world, swipe down to reveal the top menu (see below for pic), click on settings, then general, then save movies and music to SD card. I don't know if you'll run into any issues if you just move them from device to card via file manager or PC.

Can I download movies from my Blackberry Z10 to my PC?-img_00002179.png

Posted from my Q10/Z10
    12-09-13 04:34 PM
    Bermie, I have a feeling that it does not matter where they are downloaded. They are drm-ed/encrypted to play on the DOWNLOAD device only. I don't think that they can be moved to another bb10 device with the same BBID. You are entitled to download them again (I think someone said up to 5 devices) but canNOT just move the card even to another device with the same bbid.

I would not mind being proved wrong. So tests are in order from a few folks.
    Ok, ok, time to stop procrastinating and actually try it for real. Sometime this week, unless someone beats me to it, I'll try putting my SD card from my Q10 into my Z10. I'll first make sure that my Z10 BBW is also set to save to mem card (the only thing I'm unsure of) and see if it recognizes the movies being there now and they play. Perhaps I'll also first make sure I see them in BBW on my Z10 and see if they already say downloaded. I can't imagine it'll make me download them to the same spot on the same card (I honestly think my Z10 BBW wasn't set to save to mem card, because I never downloaded movies on it and only had a small card when I was using it).

Posted from my Q10/Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-13 04:38 PM
    Ok, ok, time to stop procrastinating and actually try it for real.
    Posted from my Q10/Z10
    Whenever ShopBlackBerry ships my second Z10 I'll test out swapping memory cards. Hopefully it's soon, but considering I ordered almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped, I'm not betting on it. You'll probably beat me with the answer. Well, second opinions never hurt!

12-09-13 06:22 PM
    Ok, ok, time to stop procrastinating and actually try it for real. Sometime this week, unless someone beats me to it, I'll try putting my SD card from my Q10 into my Z10. I'll first make sure that my Z10 BBW is also set to save to mem card (the only thing I'm unsure of) and see if it recognizes the movies being there now and they play. Perhaps I'll also first make sure I see them in BBW on my Z10 and see if they already say downloaded. I can't imagine it'll make me download them to the same spot on the same card (I honestly think my Z10 BBW wasn't set to save to mem card, because I never downloaded movies on it and only had a small card when I was using it).

Posted from my Q10/Z10
    I switch devices and sims every 2 days.. movies play fine on both devices (Q10&Z10)

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:42 PM
    I switch devices and sims every 2 days.. movies play fine on both devices (Q10&Z10)

Posted via CB10
    Ok, can also verify!

Just tried it this am: Put mem card in Z10, made sure BBW was set to download to mem card, tried to play a movie: no dice (got a re-download movie or license error msg).
    Then, went to BBW, into my movies, (all the bought movies were there) and, then clicked download on one of them--took about 5-10 second to download the license only, then movie played fine.

Posted from my Q10/Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-13 08:16 AM
    (this was without switching Sims, just mem cards and signing into BBW on the Z10 --sim was still in Q10)

Posted from my Q10/Z10
    12-10-13 08:17 AM
    I took the easy way out and bought a micro HDMI cable.
    02-28-14 09:08 PM
    The Playbook and z10 canNOT share movies when purchased for the other.

I am not sure if the above is clear.... Can you copy a movie off the z10 to a computer. Erase it from the z10. Later copy it back from the computer and play it on the z10 - in other words temporarily store them off the device?
    I've done just that - moved the movie files from my Z10 microSD card to my computer, erase the movies from my microSD card and was able to play them via mini HDMI cable to my TV. Please don't watch these movies on your Z10. That's not the intention!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:21 PM

Saying that - the movies I downloaded this weekend look great on the Z10 screen - but they got slightly pixelated on the my Sony 55"... my impression is that the movies are made for the small screen format - not a large screen... really noticed it on dark black scenes and noticed extreme pixilation on scenes where the action was quick (The Incredibles - opening scene where Mr Incredible was trying to shake a cat out of the tree) .... yes....
    The movies I played on my 60" LED were all in great sharp resolution (like Toy Story 3). I don't think the downloads are made for viewing only on a small screen. However my version of the Incredibles was a little pixilated.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 09:29 PM
48 12