My old torch was able to do it, I could connect it via usb and get pics and videos up ect...

When I try it with my z10 it says
    Can I connect my Z10 to my Samsung TV?-img_20130868.png

Also can I stream threw my z10 and on to my TV? Or would I have to download the episode /video ect on to my z10 and then would in be able to stream it via my TV?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:33 AM
    In settings you can add your tv in "Media sharing" over wifi. Then if you want to play eg music on your tv, you open it on your phone and in the menu you can share it with your tv.
    08-16-13 05:43 AM
    A hdmi lead can connect your z10 to your TV. I use this on my TV to display photos and videos

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 05:43 AM
    In settings you can add your tv in "Media sharing" over wifi. Then if you want to play eg music on your tv, you open it on your phone and in the menu you can share it with your tv.
    Is my TV wireless tho? Does it have to be? It's a pretty new TV so im guessing

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:21 AM
    A hdmi lead can connect your z10 to your TV. I use this on my TV to display photos and videos

Posted via CB10
    Thats Great, so If I got a film on my phone or episode I can watch that?

Also can I also stream what I'm watching on my TV? So for ex...if I'm watching a episode on daily motion or YouTube on my z10 will the hdmi wire stream that to my TV?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    RTFM
    deeduong likes this.
    08-16-13 06:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Normally it will have a wifi connection if it is a Samsung smart tv.

Posted via CB10 - @M_Hutsebaut
    08-16-13 06:28 AM
    I'm guessing my TV ain't wireless as I can find anything to say it is

Also I went in to media sharing and couldn't find a way to add my TV

I jut get this
    Can I connect my Z10 to my Samsung TV?-img_20130869.png

I use to be able to do this with my torch via usb . So guess I have to use HDMI wire to view pics.

Still does anyone know if I can watch a YouTube video on my phone link it up to my TV so I can watch it on there

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:34 AM
    With an hdmi cable, what you see on your phone, you will see on your TV.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:38 AM
    I'm guessing my TV ain't wireless as I can find anything to say it is

Also I went in to media sharing and couldn't find a way to add my TV

I jut get this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130869.png 
Views:	1617 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	192927

I use to be able to do this with my torch via usb . So guess I have to use HDMI wire to view pics.

Still does anyone know if I can watch a YouTube video on my phone link it up to my TV so I can watch it on there

Posted via CB10
    At the bottom you can tap "devices". And if your phone is connected with the same wifi as your tv, your tv will pop up there.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-16-13 06:51 AM
    Put it in usb mass storage mode. It's in settings under storage. Then it will work simply just like your old phone did. All these other methods either require your TV to be connected to your internet connection or that you have a micro HDMI cable.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:59 AM
    You have to put your Z10 in USB Mass Storage mode to be able to have a USB connection with your TV as with your Torch, otherwise it will try to sync as a computer.

To do that, go to Settings > Storage and access > USB Mass Storage at the bottom. Your Z10 is now a big USB flash drive accessing internal memory and SD cards.

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    08-16-13 06:59 AM
    my 9850 connects to my smart tv via media server in networks & connections,,, not sure how it works w/ the "Z", but also make sure your device is networked thru your wifi router,,, in my tv's menu i go to dlna tab & the phone is there & i just click on the menus 'til i get to music & boom, i'm rockin' cable-free...
    08-16-13 07:19 AM
    Option 1:
    If your TV supports DLNA, just start video playback on your z10 and from menu list on the right choose Play On > TV.

Option 2:
    If you have HDMI cable from your Playbook or any HDMI cable + micro HDMI adapter, you can stream whatever you want from your z10 to TV and enjoy on bigger screen, even YouTube
    08-16-13 08:30 AM
    Option 1:
    If your TV supports DLNA, just start video playback on your z10 and from menu list on the right choose Play On > TV.

Option 2:
    If you have HDMI cable from your Playbook or any HDMI cable + micro HDMI adapter, you can stream whatever you want from your z10 to TV and enjoy on bigger screen, even YouTube
    option 3, actually tell people what model TV the OP is using. couldn't hurt could it lol

personally I have a Samsung TV, its a series 5 I think, so 2 and a half years old now, it doesn't have wifi (but I`ll cover that shortly) however it does have an Ethernet port, I have it connected by Ethernet port to my router, and DLNA works fine.
    As for wifi, my experience with wifi on Samsung TV's isn't great, my parents got a new Samsung smart tv, and I tried doing a software update over wifi, said 4 hours. I drove home, got my 50m Ethernet cable, drove back to their house, plugged in the cable and did the update all within half an hour thru cable. so wifi is pretty poor if ya ask me, at least on that one it was.
    I ended up purchasing them some powerline plugs, and a 3meter Ethernet. now they have working access to the smart functions even being in a totally different room to the router and not on wifi.
    08-16-13 08:39 AM
    I have a series 5 smart samsung tv(60inch 3D - just saying). I can connect the z10 directly to the tv as it has its own wifi signal. Also if you are plaing videos etc on the phone, you can select "play on" from the side menu and select the TV(must be already paired).

If it does not have a wifi signal then you need to go via the router - ethernet.
    08-16-13 08:45 AM
    The best way I found to connect my Z10 to my Samsung TV is by using a cable found on Couch Connect and it was only $29.95.
    Last edited by z10user777; 02-05-14 at 05:40 PM.
    01-24-14 05:01 PM
    He clearly doesn't care to do it wirelessly if he was trying to connect it via usb before. So his TV type does not matter other than it has to have an hdmi input. Get yourself an Hdmi to micro hdmi cable and you are good to go.

Posted via CB10 using my cherished Z10
    01-25-14 05:42 PM
    Hi I have HDMI cable which came with my camera Can I connect my Z10 to my Samsung TV?-s-l225.jpg can you assist me with how I can use the cable to connect my Z10 to a TV
    03-30-16 10:09 AM
    Buy a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable and you can connect it to an HDMI enabled TV. You can't use that cable for your phone. If you want to use the analog plugs you need a Digital to Analog converter box which is another piece in addition to the HDMI cable.
    03-30-16 11:42 AM
    Get the app Samygoremote, and enjoy the experience of using WiFi and having s fully functional remote on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 03:35 AM