Was told today by a EE rep that if I was to go over my data limit of 4Gb I would still be able to use BBM Inc BBM V. I'm not convinced anyone gone over their data yet?? Did it stop the use of BBM???

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:26 PM
    I'd like to know this too!
    05-03-13 12:37 PM
    If you use WiFi absolutely you can

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:39 PM
    Was told today by a EE rep that if I was to go over my data limit of 4Gb I would still be able to use BBM Inc BBM V. I'm not convinced anyone gone over their data yet?? Did it stop the use of BBM???

Posted via CB10
    I would think the carrier would love for you to keep using your bbm when you are over the data limit. Just gives them an excuse to charge you extra. So I would believe the guy.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:44 PM
    Yes you can, you just pay for overages and get raped by them...
    05-03-13 12:50 PM
    Not with EE you just get completely cut off and you have to purchase a add on for like 5 per 1gb so my question is will it work as advised??

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:57 PM
    It all depends on the carrier and it's data plans. In Nigeria for instance, all carriers have specific plans for Z10, if you exhaust the specified data within the 30day validity of the plan, you will still be able to use BBM until the end of the validity period.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-03-13 04:00 PM
    BBM and bbm video do work on wifi even without a sim card.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 04:04 PM
    Was he clear as to how you can use it? WiFi or regular network? My carrier also told me the same thing but I didn't bother as I don't see how I can still use a data-based app when I have reached my limit, that's if he was referring to over mobile network.
    05-04-13 12:24 AM
    Well I would assume it would stop but there's factors to consider.

1. The type of plan, my plan for example has data, social networking. If I go over my data, it's fine because BBM under my plan is considered a social network like Facebook. So I can continue to use my services with going over my data.

2. Wifi, if you don't have a similar plan to mine, you can always use wifi, it's free at most places now (depends on country locations) but you can continue to use BBM in a wifi connected location.

3. If you've gone over your data, well wow that's impressive! You may want to consider upping your plan to the next level. I haven't met a single person who's gone over their data limit.

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:37 AM
    Not with EE you just get completely cut off and you have to purchase a add on for like 5 per 1gb so my question is will it work as advised??

Posted via CB10
    Most carriers (depending on country laws) will continue to allow you to use your services without interruption, usually the overages will just be added to your next invoice. Unless you have a credit limit on your account. In which case it maybe time to call customer relations (Retention)

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:41 AM
    I'm with EE and my data recently ran out but I'm pretty sure I could still use bbm. I remember wondering if I should bother adding a bit of data because it refreshes soon I couldn't access the browser Internet but I was still using bbm.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:44 AM
    Thanks podgey answer I was looking for

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:18 AM