Hi all,

My Z10 (STL 100-1) had died a horrible death after falling from a height of 20-22 feet few months ago. This is what it looked like:

Can anyone help me with a Z10 DIY Repair: Motherboard replacement mix-up?-clipboard01.jpg

I had moved on but recently I decided to repair it myself and I embarked upon the search of parts. Initially I ordered the LCD screen and digitizer with front cover (3G version) hoping that the shattered screen would be the only problem but that didn't work. I tried on another Z10 user's battery to check whether the charging mechanism in the phone was the issue but that also was not the problem. The motherboard was visibly out of shape so I started searching for it. I found only one website, DH Gate, selling the motherboard.

The advertisement did not mention which version of Z10 they were selling but I visually matched my motherboard with the pictures and there did not seem to be any difference. I didn't know how mainboards of other versions looked like so I was ok if the same motherboard turned out to be something other than STL 100-1 as long as it would fit and my beloved Z10 would turn on. But what I eventually received was a completely different board.

Can anyone help me with a Z10 DIY Repair: Motherboard replacement mix-up?-z10-motherboard.jpg

And of course it didn't fit, the sim card reader was on a different place, camera connector was completely different, etc. I've initiated a replacement request on the website but shipping back from Pakistan is no easy feat and so far the seller has not been responding to my identification of the mix-up. Shipment costs may be equal or more than the cost of the part itself. So there's a strong likelihood that I would be stuck with this board.

This is where I turn to the community for help. I need advice on the below issues:

• In case I'm stuck with this board, which housing part would I need to order to install this board? And what other parts might I need to procure? I know that camera is one. Please consider that I already have LCD and front cover of 3G version.
    • Can anyone identify this motherboard to help in additional purchases I might need to make?
    • Does any fellow Pakistani CrackBerry community forum have a a broken Z10 STL 100-1 lying around as electronic waste which could be cannibalized for a functioning motherboard? I know the odds are not in my favour for this one! I made this request country specific because the economics of international shipping might not be favourable. However, would appreciate any suggestions.

Please do not suggest purchase of Passport or Classic. As much as I would love to get my hands on the passport, I already bought a Nokia Lumia 1320 because of a work-related incident which made me decide that I would only buy a smartphone from a company that has established sales and services setup in Pakistan.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
    Zeeshan
    11-15-14 05:47 AM
    What you got is most likely stl2,3 or 4 version motherboard. You now need to purchase 4G version of LCD + housing which come in one piece. That should sort you out.
    zee_shah likes this.
    11-15-14 05:56 AM
    What you got is most likely stl2,3 or 4 version motherboard. You now need to purchase 4G version of LCD + housing which come in one piece. That should sort you out.
    Thanks for the response. I'm afraid I'd have to go for that but would the LCD differ between STL1 and other variants? I know the full housing including front area would change but would the screen have to be changed too? I'm kinda hoping to avoid that.
    11-17-14 06:05 PM
    How much did you spend on that?

'30 on .1016
    11-17-14 07:59 PM
    Thanks for the response. I'm afraid I'd have to go for that but would the LCD differ between STL1 and other variants? I know the full housing including front area would change but would the screen have to be changed too? I'm kinda hoping to avoid that.
    No
    You should buy ready made set. It comes LCD with housing. It's called LCD screen and digitiser assembly with middle plate 4G.
    Then you have to get whats called rear housing also 4g version.

Once you have this 2 parts there isn't much to do. All you have to do is to stick your new motherboard in and close with back cover.

Check etrade supply website for great pictures with all the details you need.
    11-17-14 10:00 PM
    Hi,

My z10 is also dead still 100-1, I need to know the price of that motherboard, and also the link of the site where you bought that motherboard. Thank you.
    12-22-14 04:36 AM
    Hi zeeshan, I am Rizwan from Pakistan. If u have planned to buy 4G variant housing and other things. I want to buy casing of ur present BlackBerry because I have the same STL-100 white. Add me my BBM pin is. 24F2AB94. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:21 AM
    Hi zeeshan plz contact on this number he has z10 white dead. He is selling in 4000 rs.
    0303 4479644. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:33 PM
    I want to buy z10 STL100-1 motherboard. Can you provide the link from where you bought th motherboard
    12-25-14 02:41 AM
    Hi guys,

Sorry haven't visited the thread in a while. Thanks for the messages. The website I used was DHGate but motherboards are hard to find. I saw the OLX ad of the guy selling motherboard but have already spent money on screens and housings.

My current status is in a separate thread; I'm now stuck at LED blinking issue (1-6, 10111111):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...evival-991688/

Hi zeeshan, I am Rizwan from Pakistan. If u have planned to buy 4G variant housing and other things. I want to buy casing of ur present BlackBerry because I have the same STL-100 white. Add me my BBM pin is. 24F2AB94. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Rizwan, let's hope I get the current issue sorted out. We can transact on other parts then.

Regards,
    Zeeshan
    Last edited by zee_shah; 01-20-15 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Correction of link
    01-20-15 06:13 AM
    I want to buy z10 STL100-1 motherboard. Can you provide the link from where you bought th motherboard
    Me too
    07-20-20 12:47 AM
    Me too
    Really? Resurrect a 5-year-old thread, and even then, it was almost impossible to find an STL100-1 board for a then 3-year-old device based on an SOC that Texas Instruments abandoned the year of official release.
    07-20-20 01:25 AM
    I don't think they ever sold just the MB... as it is the "guts" of the phone. You need a new one, might as well get a "new" phone. Used ones are super cheap now.
    07-20-20 08:02 AM