Why on earth did BB add noise to camera? It's really inconvenient when I need to take a picture during a lecture. Currently, I use "Silent Photo" but is there a better app because Silent Photo does not have flash enabled. Also, same thing goes for Screenshots, it makes a sound, any way around that?

P.S. I also tried having my headphones plugged in, it doesn't help either.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:13 AM
    It's so pervs can't take secret pics of ppl. I'm sure I read that the camera sound is required on phones.

Posted from my Z10.
    03-03-13 10:16 AM
    Because its the law and stops pervs and other unsavoury characters taking pics of women/girls upskirt shots.
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-03-13 10:19 AM
    He's right. It's a privacy rule in most countries.

It's the same thing for voice recording. Unless you are in law enforcement (and only after a judge approves it) in most civilized jurisdictions, you cannot secretly record conversations without consent.

Via my Z10
    03-03-13 10:20 AM
    How come iOS and android doesn't have to follow the rule?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    How did you turn off the camera sound in IOS? I couldn't find that option

Posted from my Z10.
    03-03-13 10:32 AM
    It never made the sound in Silent mode. I always used my phone is silent mode, never really had to worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 10:33 AM
    They're going to as of next year, u believe. The law just came into effect in the US not long ago...silent mode work around will no longer work as it would be illegal.
    03-03-13 10:40 AM
    Did this bill really pass? From a quick internet search H.R. 414 Cell Phone Camera Predator Alert Bill was introduced in January 2009 and quickly died. I don't see this passed. Did they pass some other bill?
    03-03-13 10:47 AM
    He's right. It's a privacy rule in most countries.

It's the same thing for voice recording. Unless you are in law enforcement (and only after a judge approves it) in most civilized jurisdictions, you cannot secretly record conversations without consent.

Via my Z10
    Actually that's not exactly true. You can secretly record a voice conversation as long as you are one of the parties involved in it. That's the law in Canada at least.

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    03-03-13 10:54 AM
    NO ONE has ever been able to take pics with BlackBerry phones with just the stock camera without a shutter sound. The laws that apply are in Canada and the US for having a shutter sound. The bill is from 2009 and BlackBerry has been adhering to those rules before the bill went through. iOS and Google are not following the law and not sure if they will ever adhere to the laws. There are apps out there to silence the shutter sound. But BB has never allowed it on the stock app itself.
    03-03-13 11:48 AM
    It never made the sound in Silent mode. I always used my phone is silent mode, never really had to worry about it.

Posted via CB10

All BBRYs I've had always had the shutter sound...only recently when I got my note and I had the profile on silent /vibrate only the camera sound was no more...
    03-03-13 12:07 PM
    I know BB has always had the shutter sound. Its really inconvinent when I need to take a picture during a lecture. Mind it, We are allowed to take pictures of the slides as sometimes the Prof wants to move fairly quickly, its just really annoying that your phone keeps making the click click sound in a quiet lecture hall.

I have had an iPhone before and when the phone was on silent, I didn't have to worrt about it making a noise.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:25 PM
    Ridiculous. Actually. This has got to be the stupidest thing. I will be very angry if there is no silent camera just because the shutter noise is just plain irritating. Is this actually a law?
    03-03-13 12:31 PM
    Ridiculous. Actually. This has got to be the stupidest thing. I will be very angry if there is no silent camera just because the shutter noise is just plain irritating. Is this actually a law?
    You would be more angry when you find out those creeps are taking pictures of your wife/gf/daughter/mom from whatever angle without you knowing

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:37 PM
    Wow, easily irritated...!

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-03-13 12:42 PM
    To those talking about the creeps, just so you know, you can turn off the sound on digital camera's as well. People that wanna creep will always find a way to creep, the point that is that everyday users need the sound off, and BB should take that into consideration.
    03-03-13 12:58 PM
    But if is easier to spot a perv with a camera...

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    03-03-13 01:02 PM
    To those talking about the creeps, just so you know, you can turn off the sound on digital camera's as well. People that wanna creep will always find a way to creep, the point that is that everyday users need the sound off, and BB should take that into consideration.
    When somebody has a camera n hand you know it's to take pictures, somebody can pretend to play with a smartphone yet they could be taking pictures. I prefer the noise to be there.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:05 PM
    Well, there are way too many Android and iOS users out there, you should stop them first and then it'll be fair.

As a student, I find it really inconvenient. There are multiple occasions, where I need to take a picture of notes and having the sound on is just not helpful. Especially, during lectures and when I am studying at the library and need to share notes with a friend, having the sound on in those situations is not the best idea.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    03-03-13 01:08 PM
    Law makes sense to me. The problem is that if somebody really wanted to take these kinds of photos, they'd find a way. Too bad everyone has to be penalized, but we'll worth that sacrifice.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:16 PM
    There is already a way around it

Check out Silent Foto Free in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/102446

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:17 PM
    Someone will make an app to silence it.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:21 PM
    [QUOTE=Umedon;8063632]There is already a way around it

Check out Silent Foto Free in BlackBerry World!

Why do they have a law when apps like this are allowed? They shouldn't of wasted everyone's time and money passing something like this. Stupid.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:24 PM
    Actually that's not exactly true. You can secretly record a voice conversation as long as you are one of the parties involved in it. That's the law in Canada at least.

Posted via CB10
    Depends on the State, some States have laws that both parties must be aware of the taping.
    03-03-13 01:29 PM
29 12