Usually i keep the rotation disabled on my Z10 because I find annoying to use it in landscape, for me the only right way is portrait.
    But, when I take photos or videos, they will also be taken in portrait: that's bad
    I have a very old version of bb10, probably the first build, because of this dumb decision to have updates approved by carriers - I'll probably have to wait months to have just 10.0.10

Has this problem fixed in the latest versions?
    Or I have to get used to enable rotation before taking a pic?

Posted via Z10
    04-23-13 03:14 AM
    Get used to enable rotation if you want to rotate... sorry but... duh

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 03:34 AM
    Get used to enable rotation if you want to rotate... sorry but... duh

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you mean by your response, but having rotation lock set on the camera does not make any sense.

If it was meant to be an option, you would think landscape would be the natural lock position.

That being said, this is such a minor issue that I just keep aware of when using the camera. It would be nice to have this addressed some time in a future update.

Posted using my Z10!
    04-23-13 03:51 AM
    Let me take a second to visualize it in my mind...

I guess you are right. It kinda makes no sense if it doesn't rotate. It doesn't feel natural.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 03:54 AM
    I don't use rotation lock unless I'm laying in bed. But taking videos and pictures hasn't been an issue for me. Whichever position you record or snap pics in is how it will appear. I've takin portrait and landscape videos without issue

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 04:02 AM
    Usually i keep the rotation disabled on my Z10 because I find annoying to use it in landscape, for me the only right way is portrait.
    But, when I take photos or videos, they will also be taken in portrait: that's bad
    I have a very old version of bb10, probably the first build, because of this dumb decision to have updates approved by carriers - I'll probably have to wait months to have just 10.0.10

Has this problem fixed in the latest versions?
    Or I have to get used to enable rotation before taking a pic?

Posted via Z10
    So I noticed this issue this weekend. I had my rotation locked and recorded a short vid in landscape. When I played back the vid it was rotated 90?.

There is a fix however. Edit the video, hit the transform button, then rotate the vid.

Same with pics; you can edit and rotate them directly on the phone.

This isn't an error with the phone; but how you use the phone.
    04-23-13 04:05 AM
    This has been annoying me as well, videos as well as the camera, I'm in the same boat I never use landscape unless I really have to and keep the phone locked in portrait. It would be a nice option maybe in the overflow menu, videos really should rotate to use as much as the screen as possible but thats me. There is no word yet on this changing, not in 10.1 for sure.

For photos right now what I'm doing is just rotation at a later time in the photo app, still allows me to take quick photos without having to disable rotation lock and has worked well so far. Theres currently no way around it for anything else that I have found yet. Heres hoping that they figure something out for us soon..

And the "Get use to it" suggestion is not helpful, please leave.
    04-23-13 04:10 AM
    Ah I didn't know I can rotate videos
    I got crazy to rotate them once copied on my computer
    04-23-13 04:11 AM
    I still don't see why some of you think this is an issue with the phone. Rotation lock is working as intended. This is the way it works on all phones not just the Z10.

That being said if you have orientation lock enabled in portrait mode and you record a vid in landscape mode; it will record in landscape mode (using up the whole screen).

During playback the video will appear to be rotated 90 degrees. Like I said in my previous post, this can fixed in two seconds using the built in editor.
    04-23-13 12:25 PM

There is a fix however. Edit the video, hit the transform button, then rotate the vid.

Same with pics; you can edit and rotate them directly on the phone.

This isn't an error with the phone; but how you use the phone.
    Thanks!

I didn't know that you could rotate videos right on the phone. That saves me a lot of grief. This is why I love Crackberry.

I still believe that rotation lock should not be part of the camera or if at all, it should be a setting that is phone specific. It doesn't make sense that it locks to portrait. Think of any point and shoot camera. The natural position is landscape for photos and video. Having a lock for portrait but not landscape seems backwards.

All that being said. The Z10 is the best phone I've ever had.

Posted using my Z10!
    04-23-13 12:52 PM