Here's a new one. Went for a walk with the dog down by Lake Ontario yesterday, beautiful day to be down at the Waterfront. Pulled out the Z10 to grab a few shots of the little guy going into the water after a stick, and got a message: "The picture couldn't be saved". Odd. Thought I'd try again... same msg. Thought I'd take a video... no good. Well WTF, it was working fine the night before, and the phone has NEVER been dropped, sat on, or in any other way mishandled, so that can't be it. Decide to tell the phone to save pictures to the device instead of the SD card. That works fine, but hardly a solution. Here's the weirdest bit: Any pictures/videos that were on the SD Card are gone EXCEPT those ones that were not taken by the Z10 (had this card in my Torch before). In other words, the Z10 has selectively deleted whatever it had saved on the card, but not formatted the card itself. Bloody odd, and a shame too, as there was a lot of good stuff on there. Any ideas?
    04-18-13 07:58 AM
    Format your media card!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:02 AM
    Format your media card!

Posted via CB10
    Or replace it. Is it a class 10?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:03 AM
    Yep, it is likely the SD card.
    04-18-13 08:12 AM
    SD card issue most likely

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:13 AM
    Yes, it is a class 10 Sandisk 32GB. Formatting it is obviously an option, but I was hoping to not lose all the pictures/video on there. The point that seems strange to me is that anything that was on the card before it was used in the Z10 is still there! Only the pictures/videos saved on there by the Z10 have been wiped. If the memory card alone was the issue, all of the files would be corrupt or missing, but the fact that only the files saved there by the Z10 are gone suggests something happened with this specific phone, no?
    04-19-13 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD