I turned Geotagging off in my camera settings, but the location symbol still shows up beside the battery icon on my homepage.

Is there something else that the camera is using locations for?
    04-13-13 11:31 AM
    I turned Geotagging off in my camera settings, but the location symbol still shows up beside the battery icon on my homepage.

Is there something else that the camera is using locations for?
    The traffic data collection option in the location setting. Turn that off, if you can.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:51 AM
    The traffic data collection option in the location setting. Turn that off, if you can.

Posted via CB10
    what? how does that make sense. traffic data collection - isnt that for maps? what does it have to do with photos.
    I do have the same question about the gps symbol after i take a picture every time
    04-13-13 12:33 PM
    what? how does that make sense. traffic data collection - isnt that for maps? what does it have to do with photos.
    I do have the same question about the gps symbol after i take a picture every time
    Well, you are right. It's got nothing to do with pics. I guess I read the question wrong. I (don't know how and why) read "Is there something else, other than the geotag, that causes the location icon next to the Battery". But that would be maps in general. So yeah, apologies for the misleading reply OP. My bad; and thanks for pointing it out, Dracolnyte.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:12 PM
    Ok, so I tried it again this morning. The location symbol comes on the first time I open the camera (even though geotagging is off). It stayed on for about 10-15 seconds, then went off and has stayed off ever since, even when camera is closed and open again. So, I guess it us working fine now. Thanks
    04-14-13 08:33 AM